Gang Violence in Kansas City

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 31, 2005
^^^YOU COULD SAY IT HAS NOTHIN TO DO WITH MUSIC...
IT'S DEEPER ROOTED THAN THAT, THA WHOLE MENTALITY OF YOUNG URBAN LOWER LEVEL INCOME KIDS TODAY IS SOMETHIN THAT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS THANKS TO SOME BLUE EYED EUROPEANS THAT HAVE CAUSED A VERY FUCKED UP CHAIN OF IGNORANT MENTAL ABUSE HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO.
CHECK THE WILLIE LYNCH PAPERS HOMIE AND DO YA HOMEWORK.
REMEMBER JUST ABOUT 40 YEARS AGO OR SO SHIT WAS VERY SEGREGATED IN AMERIKKKA.
"PRETTY SOON HIP HOP WON'T BE SO NICE, NO ICE CUBE, JUST VANILLA ICE"-ICE CUBE(DEATH CERTIFICATE)

AND TO ANSWER YOU, CORPORATE AMERICA(YOU KNO WHO) CONTROLS THIS MAJOR RAP SHIT. YES THEY DO HAVE A VERY INFLUENTIAL DICTATION ON THE YOUTH, JUST LIKE ANY MAJOR MEDIA OUTLET.

OF COURSE SEX & VIOLENCE IS ALWAYS WHUT PEOPLE WANT, IT'S LIKE A DRUG TO OUR SENSES, SO WE CAN'T CHANGE THAT....AND I HOPE FOR THE BETTER, WE CAN CHANGE THA DIRECTION THIS HIP HOP SHIT IS GOIN...

I EAT, SLEEP AND SHIT THIS HIP HOP SHIT TIL THA HEART STOPS KIZZANG(WHO IS U ANYWAYS) AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT 90% OF THIS RAP MUSIC TODAY IS IGNORANT GARBAGE!!!

I WAS BLESSED TO BE BORN ON THIS EARTH @ A GOOD TIME THAT ALLOWED ME TO EXPIERIENCE THA GOLDEN ERA OF HIP-HOP AND CHOP IT UP W/ KOOL HERC LAST YEAR AND SEE THA MENTAL OF THA GODFATHER OF THIS VERY MUSIC THAT YOU LISTEN TOO AND UNDERSTAND WHERE THA GAME CAME FROM AND WHERE IT'S AT...

I'M NOT ON NO DEBATE TEAM, BUT IF YOU WANNA FUCK WIT THA KID HOLLA... WE CAN GET IT IN ON THIS FORUM SHIT!

Jun 17, 2006
You said a lot of things there. But none of it gave any reasons to why music is doin anything. All im sayin is was it better when rap wasnt around? no. What more can i say? What is music doin?? Only difference now is the population size.

Aug 31, 2005
ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS LISTEN TO KPRS OR TURN YA T.V. ON TO B.E.T. AND REALLY LISTEN TO THIS SHIT...IF YOU DON'T GET IT, YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.....

THIS RAP SHIT HAS A VERY BIG INFLUENCE ON PEOPLE SUBCONCIOUSLY...
IT INFLUENCES GROWN ASS PEOPLE TOO, LOOK AT HOW MANY PEOPLE DRINK PATRON NOW THAT ERY RAPPER AND THEY MAMA MENTION THA SHIT IN SONGZ...I DONE SEEN HARDLY NO ONE DRINKIN THA SHIT, TO CLUBS RUNNIN THRU BOTTLES ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT...THESE IZ ADULT WE TALKIN BOUT TOO. SO ON YOUNGER KIDS, IT DEFINITELY HAS A MAJOR INFLUENCE ON 'EM

THIS MUSIC GOT DAMN NEAR EVERYONE WEARIN AIR FORCE 1'S AND HAD ALOT OF PEOPLE ROCKIN GRILLZ, WE COULD GO ON AND ON....

THESE YOUNG CAT'S DON'T KNO HOW TO KNUCKLE UP AND WHIP SOMEONES ASS OR TAKE A ASS WHOOPIN, BECAUSE IT'S ALOT EASIER TO LET THEM THANGS GO.....

I DON'T KNO YOU, BUT I'M SURE YOUR NOT A MEMBER OF THA N.R.A. OF AN AVID GUN COLLECTOR-SO WHY THA FUCK YOU GOT SOME TOAST UNDER YA LOGIN NAME?????????

STRAIGHT IGNORANCE!!!

RAPPERS TALKIN BOUT "MAKIN IT RAIN"...LOL THAT'S A JOKE.
SO YOU THINK THEY HUSTLE HARD ALL DAY TO THROW THA SHIT ON THA FLO? FORGET ABOUT CHILD SUPPORT, BILLS AND HOLDIN THEY FAMILY DOWN...

IT'S THA MENTALITY OF A WHOLE CULTURE THAT GOT 'EM ON SOME DUMB SHIT LIKE THAT.

THA VIOLENCE GO RIGHT ALONG WIT THA REST OF THIS SHIT......

YOUR NOT GON HEAR LITTLE BROTHER OR TALIB KWELI GETTIN CRAZY RADIO SPINS, BUT SOON AS SOME DUMB SHIT DROP THAT SOUND AIGHT, IT'S IN ALL THA COUNTDOWNS...

Jan 15, 2006
Im not from kansas city but its the same shit everywhere.. and i think the whole music argument is ridiculous if you really think music is the MAIN reason the youth is acting this way you trippin.

Jan 15, 2006
imma just re-post what i said in the other thread in bart since it was the exact same subject and it pretty much sums up how i feel about it :

its way deeper then just rap.. take hiphop music away and we would still have the same problems in our communities its a mentality and a way of thinking issue.. the young niggaz i see wildin out around my way didnt become that way because of rap.. i know none of them take rap that serious... they became the way they are because of the fucked up situations they came from, fucked up role models, shit they have experienced that left them with mental scars, lack of parenting, and the way they was raised.. i will say this tho rap, movies, tv etc. can add to it but its not making muthafuckas do anything.. the murder rate was at its highest in the 80s and violence in rap was pretty much unheard of back in them days or atleast not as many rappers was rappin about it compared to now

So my point is shit has been fucked up waay before there even was rapmusic im not denying the fact that music influences people and especially youngsters im just saying lets focus on the real root of the problem which is a combination of alot of factors and it all starts with folks not raising they kids the right way.. kids raising kids.. not enough positive role models for young minorities... just being a young black/latino male in todays society alone is already something that sets you back and thats something you cant do anything about.. you already feel like you are not apart of society cuz they make you feel that way... add to that kids is being raised by kids that wasnt raised right they damn selfs.. plus the lack of father figures in general and on top of that growing up in environments where all this shit is common so it becomes normal to you cuz thats all you know and its all right in your face..

Jun 17, 2006
SOUL MUTT said:
ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS LISTEN TO KPRS OR TURN YA T.V. ON TO B.E.T. AND REALLY LISTEN TO THIS SHIT...IF YOU DON'T GET IT, YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.....

THIS RAP SHIT HAS A VERY BIG INFLUENCE ON PEOPLE SUBCONCIOUSLY...
IT INFLUENCES GROWN ASS PEOPLE TOO, LOOK AT HOW MANY PEOPLE DRINK PATRON NOW THAT ERY RAPPER AND THEY MAMA MENTION THA SHIT IN SONGZ...I DONE SEEN HARDLY NO ONE DRINKIN THA SHIT, TO CLUBS RUNNIN THRU BOTTLES ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT...THESE IZ ADULT WE TALKIN BOUT TOO. SO ON YOUNGER KIDS, IT DEFINITELY HAS A MAJOR INFLUENCE ON 'EM

THIS MUSIC GOT DAMN NEAR EVERYONE WEARIN AIR FORCE 1'S AND HAD ALOT OF PEOPLE ROCKIN GRILLZ, WE COULD GO ON AND ON....

THESE YOUNG CAT'S DON'T KNO HOW TO KNUCKLE UP AND WHIP SOMEONES ASS OR TAKE A ASS WHOOPIN, BECAUSE IT'S ALOT EASIER TO LET THEM THANGS GO.....

I DON'T KNO YOU, BUT I'M SURE YOUR NOT A MEMBER OF THA N.R.A. OF AN AVID GUN COLLECTOR-SO WHY THA FUCK YOU GOT SOME TOAST UNDER YA LOGIN NAME?????????

STRAIGHT IGNORANCE!!!

RAPPERS TALKIN BOUT "MAKIN IT RAIN"...LOL THAT'S A JOKE.
SO YOU THINK THEY HUSTLE HARD ALL DAY TO THROW THA SHIT ON THA FLO? FORGET ABOUT CHILD SUPPORT, BILLS AND HOLDIN THEY FAMILY DOWN...

IT'S THA MENTALITY OF A WHOLE CULTURE THAT GOT 'EM ON SOME DUMB SHIT LIKE THAT.

THA VIOLENCE GO RIGHT ALONG WIT THA REST OF THIS SHIT......

YOUR NOT GON HEAR LITTLE BROTHER OR TALIB KWELI GETTIN CRAZY RADIO SPINS, BUT SOON AS SOME DUMB SHIT DROP THAT SOUND AIGHT, IT'S IN ALL THA COUNTDOWNS...
BEFORE RAP! was it any better?? noooooooooooooooo! you have no proof. I do agree that it does have its influences but violence aint that! Think it was all chill in the 70s?? 50s?? NO! I have a gun in my av cause I happen to like guns very much. IF i were rich I would "collect them" not that any of that matters.

Apr 25, 2002
Until somebody explains to me why national crime has been on a downslide since the mid-1980s (in some places, the early 1990s), or in otherwords pretty much the same time gangsta rap started to become big, then I won't believe there's a connection.

The same stuff, hell more stuff, went on before gangster rap was born.

Jun 17, 2006
xpanther206 said:
Until somebody explains to me why national crime has been on a downslide since the mid-1980s (in some places, the early 1990s), or in otherwords pretty much the same time gangsta rap started to become big, then I won't believe there's a connection.

The same stuff, hell more stuff, went on before gangster rap was born.
Thats what im sayin..

Nov 1, 2005
mofuckas gonna get shot no matter what in poor areas, cuz people are jealous and jealously will make people do some crazy shit... rap music never pulled any triggers, its just the soundtrack for a fucked up environment....you could take it away and there'd be the same gun shots, it's just all be a helluva lot colder

C-MOB

Sicc OG
Sep 10, 2004
www.cdbaby.com
Soul Mutt you speak the truth and i'm with you on this.... if cats wanna take shit outta context for the sake of arguing let them... anyone with a functioning brain can understand the point you are making... and it is a good one...

Jun 17, 2006
If his point is that music affects young people than yes thats obvious but if hes referrin to the violence thhan no.. Im waitin for some one to give some examples or some type of prroof music has anything to do with the violence.. Yes air force ones are probably more popular cause of rap.. but what the fuck does that matter? Bottom line. Before rap, violence, after, violence.

Nov 13, 2004
SOUL MUTT said:
^^^YOU COULD SAY IT HAS NOTHIN TO DO WITH MUSIC...
IT'S DEEPER ROOTED THAN THAT, THA WHOLE MENTALITY OF YOUNG URBAN LOWER LEVEL INCOME KIDS TODAY IS SOMETHIN THAT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS THANKS TO SOME BLUE EYED EUROPEANS THAT HAVE CAUSED A VERY FUCKED UP CHAIN OF IGNORANT MENTAL ABUSE HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO.
CHECK THE WILLIE LYNCH PAPERS HOMIE AND DO YA HOMEWORK.
REMEMBER JUST ABOUT 40 YEARS AGO OR SO SHIT WAS VERY SEGREGATED IN AMERIKKKA.
"PRETTY SOON HIP HOP WON'T BE SO NICE, NO ICE CUBE, JUST VANILLA ICE"-ICE CUBE(DEATH CERTIFICATE)

AND TO ANSWER YOU, CORPORATE AMERICA(YOU KNO WHO) CONTROLS THIS MAJOR RAP SHIT. YES THEY DO HAVE A VERY INFLUENTIAL DICTATION ON THE YOUTH, JUST LIKE ANY MAJOR MEDIA OUTLET.

OF COURSE SEX & VIOLENCE IS ALWAYS WHUT PEOPLE WANT, IT'S LIKE A DRUG TO OUR SENSES, SO WE CAN'T CHANGE THAT....AND I HOPE FOR THE BETTER, WE CAN CHANGE THA DIRECTION THIS HIP HOP SHIT IS GOIN...

I EAT, SLEEP AND SHIT THIS HIP HOP SHIT TIL THA HEART STOPS KIZZANG(WHO IS U ANYWAYS) AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT 90% OF THIS RAP MUSIC TODAY IS IGNORANT GARBAGE!!!

I WAS BLESSED TO BE BORN ON THIS EARTH @ A GOOD TIME THAT ALLOWED ME TO EXPIERIENCE THA GOLDEN ERA OF HIP-HOP AND CHOP IT UP W/ KOOL HERC LAST YEAR AND SEE THA MENTAL OF THA GODFATHER OF THIS VERY MUSIC THAT YOU LISTEN TOO AND UNDERSTAND WHERE THA GAME CAME FROM AND WHERE IT'S AT...

I'M NOT ON NO DEBATE TEAM, BUT IF YOU WANNA FUCK WIT THA KID HOLLA... WE CAN GET IT IN ON THIS FORUM SHIT!
Yeah that willie lynch shit is real shit. And of coarse violence aint start or gon stop with rap...but think about this....Back in the 70's when u had disco and funk it promoted a drug induced atmosphere, so thats how people got down. so jump to the 80"s when rap started poppin, it promoted a breakdance, b-boy typa attitude, niggaz would battle dancing and rapping and it ended there...Now fast forward to the 90's and present, niggaz battle on wax then shots rang out, remember the stylin on you video? The music doesnt make people violent, but it "PROMOTES" and "ATTITUDE" that leads to violence. I dont think niggaz here C-Bo say "I peel caps and smoke niggaz yada yada" and want to go out and do it cuz he said it..no, I give niggaz more credit than that. BUT, it duz influence a persons attitude of "I'm hard, I'm real, if u aint with us then we smashin u" which leads to the violence.

Nov 13, 2004
gitwitit said:
mofuckas gonna get shot no matter what in poor areas, cuz people are jealous and jealously will make people do some crazy shit... rap music never pulled any triggers, its just the soundtrack for a fucked up environment....you could take it away and there'd be the same gun shots, it's just all be a helluva lot colder
A soundtrack for the environment..maybe? But if so then its so over exagerated it aint funny. But I aint heard niggaz rap about they environment in a min. all niggaz rap about is what "they" do and how real "they" are and how they are dons and godfathers. But the evidence is there...Look at the violence that happened at concerts in the 80's compared to now. How many rappers were gunned down back then compared to now. Naw, rap aint pulled the trigger but it sure loaded the clip and handed us the gun.

Nov 13, 2004
Also to back up what I'm sayin as far as rap influencing an unhealthy attitude.....I'm sure we have all seen the rich kid from a 2 parent household in a beautiful neighborhood, but the way he dress,act, and talk, u would think he just got home from a bid in Rikers. Why, cuz he thinks thats how he suppose to act in the name of "keepin it real" cuz his favorite rapper says it. So if music makes a square feel like a hard ass, then what more of a person thats actually in that environment? And think about this....I can remember in the mid-late 90"s when it was all about gettin jiggy and being fly so guess what...? You had every nigga in the club breakin himself to buy Don P and Cris cuz he saw it on TV and Puffy and Jay said its the thing to do. Like they say, hip hop is a way of life, hip hop is an attitude,.....well low and behold....a negative attitude will bring negative results.

Jun 17, 2006
the way he dresses talks and acts doesnt change anyone but him. if hes a scared little bitch then he is still regardless of the music. if hes a psychopathic killer thats there wether or not the music is. if it truly was the music causing violence than that rich kid from a 2 parent household would be out tryin to get his rep up killin people off. yet he isnt. he may have some air forces, maybe he even has a grill.. means nothing. end of the day music does not cause no vviolence. atleast not from listenin to it.

Nov 13, 2004
Kizzang said:
the way he dresses talks and acts doesnt change anyone but him. if hes a scared little bitch then he is still regardless of the music. if hes a psychopathic killer thats there wether or not the music is. if it truly was the music causing violence than that rich kid from a 2 parent household would be out tryin to get his rep up killin people off. yet he isnt. he may have some air forces, maybe he even has a grill.. means nothing. end of the day music does not cause no vviolence. atleast not from listenin to it.
Dog, u missing the point of what I'm sayin. I'm sayin the music makes him carry a certain bravado where he muggin folks, even talk a lil shit till it get real, but by that time its too late cuz somebody than kicked off in his ass. Remember that movie whiteboys?? Remember they was country whiteboys that had never scene no typa street shit, but remember how the character Flip dog was goin bad on all his white friends....because he thought that was the attitude to have cuz he saw that on videos and heard it in the music. You keep sayin "music" doesnt cause violence...per say..but music influences the "attitude" that causes violence. I hope u get what I'm sayin.

Jun 17, 2006
Yea i get you and ive never seen white boys. Attitude isnt enough and unless it makes them stupid they should know who to not fuck with. Just cause some bitch kid hears a rap song he isnt gonna run outside find mike tyson and call him a limp wristed bitch while screw facing..