Gang Violence in Kansas City

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 8, 2007
I got family from there... they tell me all the time, sh*t is real crazy, but the laws are alot different there then in Cali, a few of them moved out here to get away from it.. but we still go back to KC, MO once or twice a year

Nov 2, 2003
Yeah the m-rate is down from about 2 years ago but the homies out here are trippin off thizz pills and thinking they are hella hard.But if it is any indication it will be a long summer,so keep yo heat in the front street.Fucking with yall mayne,stop the violence K.C. lets kick it this summer like whattttttttttttttttttt.

Jan 22, 2007
www.myspace.com
mafiaqueen said:
Yep and its sad, street cred means absolutly nothin. I mean, a coward will kill u. Shit these niggaz aint even bout makin no money, just shootin niggaz and aint got the money for bail or a good mouth piece, but they tough? Aint even got health insurance in-case they get fucked up, no life insurance in-case they get murked, and the family gotta not only deal with the pain of loosing your tough ass, but now they gotta scrape the money up to bury yo tough ass.....Now u layin up on Troost in the cemetary right next to another tough nigga, or u in a cell with a nigga tougher than u, and he gon make u get on your knees and fix it...The shit is elementary to me. I understand hoplessness and dispair, I've felt it a time or two in my days. but shit you gotta keep pushin. We need to teach these niggaz to be smart not tough. They need to understand the plan is to survive, its gangsta to watch your kids grow up. Live long enough to bury your parents, not them bury u.
This is some of the realest shit I heard...for ANY hood. We aint got it bad out here in the Northwest like in other places. Theres a lot of cats from Cali and other places that left to get out of situations like that, so theres a lot of OG's out here with a new mentality and they kick knowledge out here. I lost a lot of freinds when I lived in Riverside and Woodland too. Shit was real! I played that ignorrant role for a long time and now I look at my 3 kids and feel ashamed!
Should have listened to my momma all along...HAHAHAHA
Let's flip legit chips and teach are kids somthin' else...somthin' productive!
Just my 2 cents!
1!

Feb 3, 2003
jmacc916 said:
if u scared go to chuuurch my nig
Church can't fix this. Hate to say it. What is happening was already in his plan.

These streets are hot like 2005, and this shit is all stimming from the same shit. This war is only visible by the media big now, but has been going on some 2 years. If you don't know, does Fat Tone ring a bell?

KC streets are as hot as they have been the past couple years. No, murder rate is not up, but in the area specified, crime is up (maybe the murder rate to). Its real. In my roots (4th and Chelsea Northeast) the crime is up big. All the way down the Ave.

Apr 25, 2002
^^^ Thats what I'm saying... people ain't knowing this stuff been happening for years... The media is just now getting up on it... But even niggas who ain't from a block or set still gotta a strap and still think its coo to shoot... Bad karma gon catch up wit em sooner or later... Niggas need to learn how to get some money and get on some chicks or something...

Nov 1, 2005
i heard somebody got blasted in a walk up today like 32 and haskell in kck.... that shits crazy cuz i got family a block over and that aint even that bad around there and dude got laid out in broad daylight, i done hella work over there thats some crazy shit!

Feb 10, 2006
whats the bangin scene in KC?is it mostly Folks and five or Crip and Blood?I know the Lou is B'd and C'd out.Mil,Chi and Gary (great lakes region) its all about Folks and jive.

Nov 13, 2004
loyalty7414 said:
whats the bangin scene in KC?is it mostly Folks and five or Crip and Blood?I know the Lou is B'd and C'd out.Mil,Chi and Gary (great lakes region) its all about Folks and jive.
Naw just crews, clicks, and blocks. Aint no real gangbangin like LA or Chi. Just niggaz and they homies.

Apr 25, 2002
I'm not from the hood, can't speak in these specific personal terms. But what I can speak on in broader terms is that it always seems to be related to concentrated poverty, and the historical legacies of all these Midwestern cities have left some of the largest urban poverty pockets in the USA. That's why crime in the Midwest is generally up there with the South and worse than either coast.

Like the guy from California who said he didn't even know KCMO got down like that, for whatever reason people from each coast seem to equate Midwest with rural even know many of the biggest and baddest hoods in America are contained in Midwestern inner-cities. They don't take a look in the mirror and realize that Watts is only a relatively tiny chunk of Los Angeles but the North Side of STL struggles to an even greater degree and contains almost half the entire city's population. People from California especially, tend to really underestimate the Midwest when it comes to this kind of thing (see that legendary "Is San Diego Even Hood" thread), and I know it's pointless to stage city street cred contests but when there are constantly tremendous misunderstandings of reality, you've got to let them know.

I don't know as much about Kansas City as I do other Midwestern cities, I've really only been around the Negro Leagues Museum and then the freeway out by the stadiums. I know the city is pretty much a tall and narrow rectangle, with downtown at the north edge of that rectangle, and that the rich people live in the hills west of downtown towards the Kansas border. Now where is this "East Side" of Kansas city, it can't be out by the stadiums can it, b/c when I took in some games there it seemed like it was out in the burbs with how low the population density was. On this map, where's the East Side, where are the really concentrated pockets of violence?

Mar 24, 2006
how old is that map? can't really show you tha troublespots on there...most of tha shit happens in tha south/southeast/east/northeast sections of tha city.

There is about 450,000 people in KCMO, but for tha entire metropolitan area there is a population of about 2 million...most of them live on tha outskirts of tha city on both tha kansas and missouri sides.

Nov 13, 2004
xpanther206 said:
I'm not from the hood, can't speak in these specific personal terms. But what I can speak on in broader terms is that it always seems to be related to concentrated poverty, and the historical legacies of all these Midwestern cities have left some of the largest urban poverty pockets in the USA. That's why crime in the Midwest is generally up there with the South and worse than either coast.

Like the guy from California who said he didn't even know KCMO got down like that, for whatever reason people from each coast seem to equate Midwest with rural even know many of the biggest and baddest hoods in America are contained in Midwestern inner-cities. They don't take a look in the mirror and realize that Watts is only a relatively tiny chunk of Los Angeles but the North Side of STL struggles to an even greater degree and contains almost half the entire city's population. People from California especially, tend to really underestimate the Midwest when it comes to this kind of thing (see that legendary "Is San Diego Even Hood" thread), and I know it's pointless to stage city street cred contests but when there are constantly tremendous misunderstandings of reality, you've got to let them know.

I don't know as much about Kansas City as I do other Midwestern cities, I've really only been around the Negro Leagues Museum and then the freeway out by the stadiums. I know the city is pretty much a tall and narrow rectangle, with downtown at the north edge of that rectangle, and that the rich people live in the hills west of downtown towards the Kansas border. Now where is this "East Side" of Kansas city, it can't be out by the stadiums can it, b/c when I took in some games there it seemed like it was out in the burbs with how low the population density was. On this map, where's the East Side, where are the really concentrated pockets of violence?

Well see that map needs to be zoomed in a little. Anyway basically from 12th St. the area of 12 just a few blocks east of downtown all the way to about 75th st and from Troost over to bout Van Brunt and farther south over to Swope Parkway. But in the last couple years shit has been going down in south KC and Grandview. I remember when niggaz wouldnt fuck around in Grandview cuz the po's be hella hot like in Raytown and Independence. But the east side I would say consist of Prospect over to Van Brunt and Swope Pkwy. From the 20s to bout the 50's or some call it mid-town. But from what I gathered its really no "concentrated" area, its kinda sporatic as far as the "hood" is concerned. But KC duz have some beautiful areas tho.