..Gall Stones..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Has anyone here ever had or have a gall stones?

I was up all night with some MAJOR pain in my rib cage area and upper back and shortness of breath.My mom drove me to the hospital around 4 a.m. while I layed down on CcytzO in the backseat.After getting checked in the doctor did some pushing on my torso until we found a specific spot that was real sore.So I had to get some blood drawn then a sonogram done and they told me I had a gull stone.It's underneath my right rib cage.I guess the gull stone got stuck in a little pocket and that was what was causing mad man pain.Surgery maybe down the road,but I have to go in and see my regular doctor and keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get any bigger.I have to change my diet etc. which dont hurt none:]

If any of you have been through this and/or the surgery,let me know.~KvQ~

May 16, 2002
Havent had a gall stone...But ive had 2 hella painfull Kidney Stones...Luckily they both passed and I didnt have to have surgery to get those bad boys out...I`ll always remeber how painfull they are....Felt like someone took a baseball bat and slamed it against your lower back....

I read that one of the best ways to prevent both the Kidney and Gall stone from coming back is to drink plenty of H2O....

And I also read that eating fish & seafood is good for preventing GallStones...I dont know if your into fish or not?

Hope your feeling better...

Apr 25, 2002
^Naw I never drink coffee.You can get them from stressing too hard,a bad diet,etc.

@Shark..I heard that kidney stones are a bitch to have also.Fish aint my thang,but i'll get down on some crab or lobster legs!lol.I've been drinking alot of water and been eating salads.I haven't been in as much pain as I was when I was eating fast food.I guess the gall stones grow when fat touches them.Like an icile,if rain hits them,they grow[how the dr. explained it]Thanks for posting.:]~KvQ~

May 16, 2002
Yeah my problem was drinking way to much liquid sugar = Soda...I would pound 2 liters of pepsi like it was nothin...And that liquid sugar caught up 2 me....Im trying to drink more water and its worked so far....

Yeah this book I have says that eating alot of fatty foods can cause those GallStones to form quick....They say try to eat less red meat and whole fat dairy foods....And just drink lots of H2O....

Apr 26, 2002
Damn maybe I have them then, because lately I keep gettin hella sharp pains in my upper back and right beneath my ribcage on the right side, i've also been kinda short of breath at times, but i've just been ridin it out every time it hits me.

Apr 25, 2002
That's EXACTLY what happened to me!Right side underneath the ribs.I had no warning though,the pain just came out of no where.Go get a sonogram so you can know if that's what you got for sure cus if you let it go and it gets bigger,that can cause some major problems.Good Luck and get it taken care of!!~KvQ~

Apr 25, 2002
I dont have insurance either.I went to the Emergency Room hoping I was still on my moms insurance,but it automatically cut me off when I turned 18[5 months ago].They will still try to bill her insurance company,but I doubt they'll pay for it so I had to sign that I would pay in payments.FUCK!

I'm not sure if it's heriditary or not,but now days they can make a couple smaaaaall incisions and your gall bladder will be out.I was doing some reading on the surgery and before it left 4-8 inch scars,now it's basically nothing.Changing your diet wont make it go away,but it will stop it from getting any bigger from what I know.I'll do some more reading on gall stones and let you know.~KvQ~

Apr 25, 2002
WHats up Miz,

I first got gall stones back in 98, but didnt get diagnosed with them until last year!

ABout once a week Id feel IMENSE FUCKING PAIN right underneath the upper curve of my ribcage. I swear, Id break out in a cold sweat and the pain would just be fucking horrendous. But I hate doctors, so I didnt do shit.

It was actually around this time last year when I had one of these attacks and it was way worse than any others I had before. It was around 1AM and me and my girl were going to bed. But it came out of the blue without warning when I was laying in bed. I almost passed out because the pain was so severe. I wanted to just die because it felt like right behind my front ribs was a knife trying to stab through my guts from the inside. Intense cramping and even burning accompanied it.

My girl took me to the ER where they gave me morphine to kill the pain, cause it was so bad that I couldnt even breathe in because the expansion of my torso with every inhalation FUCKING KILLED ME.

They did a ultrasound and found not one, not two, but TWELVE gallstones in my gallbladder and one was stuck in the bile duct. I was like fuck, only old people get gallstones, right?

Wrong.

I got the surgery to remove my gallbladder this past July. I admit it was a bit scary cause I aint never been put to sleep before for any operation. To put me to sleep they put a mask on me on the operating table and before I could even realize it, I was already waking up. Just like that. It didnt even seem like any time had past or anything. I just woke up with some pain in my side.

They made 3 little incisions along the curve of my right ribcage and one incision in my belly button where they pulled out the gallbladder. The surgery was no thang, but the recovery was a bitch.

I stayed overnight in the hospital on pain releivers and antibiotics fed to me in an IV. I couldnt eat anything solid for a day, and it hurt everytime I moved and got up to piss.

I went home where the pain was pretty steady for about a week. They gave me Vicodin and told me to come back in a week. When I went back, the doc looked at my incisions and sent me off. The pain continued, but not as bad...it took me about 3 weeks to become fully functional again. The stitches fell off, and all I have left of the sugery is the scars and the bill.

I was insured and it still cost a GRIP... you should try to get Medical. My girlfriend got that for her kidney stone surgery and they covered her all the way. Not one cent had to be paid to the doc. It all comes out the taxpayers pocket, heh heh!

Funny thing is, every now and then I still get a little twinge of gallbladder pain, but I heard this is normal for a lot of people to still feel something after the surgery. Belive me though, its nothing like the imense pain of the galbladder attacks though.

And after the surgery, you can eat all the greasy shit you want! No gallbladder = no gallstones = no pain

I feel you on losing weight though... when I was in the ER that first time, they told me no fat and no grease...I lost 10 pounds in a week!

Hope all this babble helps you out. Feel free to email me if you want some more info!

MeloTrauma ([email protected])

May 16, 2002
Al-Kaholik said:
I have no insurance though, would a clinic do that shit for free? Because if not I figure I could possibly just change my diet and that might work.
Drink lots of water man....And stay off the fatty foods for maybe a week..See what happens...It beats paying a grip of skrill for a sonogram and I know if you dont have insurance for that...Its a bill thats a bitch to pay off...

Jun 27, 2002
damn jade, you gave them ya real name....shit ya shoulda went to general hospital and gave a fake name, told them you dont know ya ssn and you never had a job......also give a fake address....shit i got my hand sliced open and needed stitches and i went to the general hospital in Oakland and they stiched me up and i never got a bill...i gave some fake ass name like Jeff Johnson....lol....never got a bill though, ......in your case well you can just pay 131 dollars a month for like 7 or eight months....lol

But anyways mami, take care iof ya self....drink water ( i say that as i begin my day with a damn expresso) and eat right....tell ole boy to take care of ya.....good luck homegirl

Apr 25, 2002
@MeloTrauma..Damn thanks for posting all that.I need to get the surgery soon then,It's almost impossible to handle the pain I had that morning and im not eveeeen trying to go through it about once a week.I'll hit you on the e-mail,im trying to get the free surgery your lady got!lol..Oh,you know how it feels when you lick a battery?That shock/tingly feeling?Well did you ever get that feeling in your ribs out of the blue?It dont really hurt just kinda makes you freeze for a second.I got that the other night when I was laying down=0/

Your a fool mustynutz!lol..If I lived closer to General Hospital I would consider it.Well... I AM going to be in Oakland this weekend for a family thang.hmm..lol.Thanks,I'm trying to take good care of myself.I never pictured me eating good and actually taking walks every evening,but it's not hard at all when you HAVE to do it in order to not feel like your dying while your just laying around."Ole Boy's" been helping me out alot.I dont know what i'd do with out him:]

@Zig..lol if you find her "rocks" laying around could you take a pic of them and send it to me or post it here?Im really curious to see what they look like!Gracias:]~KvQ~