Fruitvale station

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 30, 2004
I do need to see this.

I was at that station after it happened. I was pretty fucked up so didnt remember much until I read the paper the next day or the day after. Very surreal.

May 16, 2002
They're playing the "Fruitvale Station" movie out in Salinas at the theater. I didn't know it was playing there until I took my son to watch Woverine yesterday.

Hopefully Fruitvale Station is still playing next weekend. I'll go check this out.

Oh, and...

LOL!

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
My only complaint is they said 'Breh' waaaayyyyyy too much! Even by siccness standards!

I saw it a few weeks ago in Pleasant Hill & was surprised at the ratio of old white women to black people.

I thought it was a grrrreeeaaatttt movie. I tried to watch it objectively, and not let my preformed opinion of the Oscar Grant situation affect the opinion of the movie.

Jun 5, 2004
fruitvale is a movie about an event that was nationally covered, and forrest whittiker's company made it i believe. So you can pretty much take it as a hollywood movie anyway.
yea they did have the dude who plays oscar on 106& park talkn about the movie a few days ago... N i could be wrong but i think i seen 1 of the bart cops is the same dude from 3:10 to yuma.

Props: abarnes
Dec 19, 2008
North Sac
Saw this last night, and i was in awe. Excellently filmed and almost too real. I wont lie, my eyes watered up. Ironic how they play Mac Dre and Johnny Ca$h before the shooting. It puts Oscar Grant in a better light than the media did. I could really feel his struggle as a young father trying to make it all work for his daughter. Dope movie, best ive seen all summer.

May 21, 2002
hogglife916.com
HOGGLIFE @HOGGLIFE You should go check out Licks too, it's showin tomorrow. Made in the town also. Director's from Berkeley, the actors are from Berkeley an all over the town, 30's, 80's, etc.. Associate Producer is from the 30's.
when they showing it again?

Props: abarnes