Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
5er, i heard rumors of larry fitzgerald....confirm or deny
I don't know about that. Most of the "rumors" ive heard about that are coming from fans, not any real source. I don't think they'll spend on a big WR with QB so faulty right now. I'd imagine solidifying QB and working with the young WR's we have.

You search for stuff about it and most articles just mention Fitzgerald leaving in the same breathe as McFadden leaving, nothing really connecting them.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Meta4iCAL @Meta4iCAL What would you think about the Raiders acquiring Orakpo?

Or Richie Incognito? Matt Slausen?

Do you scrub Sea-bass? Maybe try at Phil Dawson?

Do you see a QB in the draft? Stay with McGloin/Pryor? I keep hearing we should give Vick a shot, but I don't like that idea. Bleacher-reports mock draft has Brett Hundley going to the Raiders if he enters the draft.
Tbh idk much about orakpo. I haven't watched enough redskins games, but overall I don't wany them to spend a bunch of money on.free agents. Build through the draft. That's how good teams are built and sustain long term success. can't say I know much about slauson either. No incognito. Whether all that shit was his fault or not, we don't need the drama. If we could clear cap space I'm all for getting rid of seabass, not sure with his contract though. I'd take vick if it was cheap. He'd easily be the best qb on our roster, but he's older and injury prone. Not worth paying a lot of money. Idk about the draft. I watched a ton of nfl, but not so much college fb this year. It's always risky taking a qb early. Seems bridgewater is the only sure thing in most peoples view, but he'll be gone. Saw a mock draft with us taking bortles, derek carr from fresno st, and anthony barr, olb from ucla... others have us drafting clowney, so who knows. We do need a qb though. I'm not sold on mcgloin or pryor. Next season is where expectations kick in. If McKenzie and allen can't start building something next season then we'll probably have to start all over and it's gonna get ugly. We don't neee to make the playoffs, but we need to have a good draft and show progress

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Tbh idk much about orakpo. I haven't watched enough redskins games, but overall I don't wany them to spend a bunch of money on.free agents. Build through the draft. That's how good teams are built and sustain long term success. can't say I know much about slauson either. No incognito. Whether all that shit was his fault or not, we don't need the drama. If we could clear cap space I'm all for getting rid of seabass, not sure with his contract though. I'd take vick if it was cheap. He'd easily be the best qb on our roster, but he's older and injury prone. Not worth paying a lot of money. Idk about the draft. I watched a ton of nfl, but not so much college fb this year. It's always risky taking a qb early. Seems bridgewater is the only sure thing in most peoples view, but he'll be gone. Saw a mock draft with us taking bortles, derek carr from fresno st, and anthony barr, olb from ucla... others have us drafting clowney, so who knows. We do need a qb though. I'm not sold on mcgloin or pryor. Next season is where expectations kick in. If McKenzie and allen can't start building something next season then we'll probably have to start all over and it's gonna get ugly. We don't neee to make the playoffs, but we need to have a good draft and show progress
How many games does DA need to win next season to keep his job, or Reggie for that matter? Will 8-8 do it? Or does he need a winning record?

Orakpo came back from injury this year. He tore a bicep or tricep (?) but scored 10 sacks this year and 17 assists, 60 tackles. Looks to be back to pre-injury form.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
How many games does DA need to win next season to keep his job, or Reggie for that matter? Will 8-8 do it? Or does he need a winning record?

Orakpo came back from injury this year. He tore a bicep or tricep (?) but scored 10 sacks this year and 17 assists, 60 tackles. Looks to be back to pre-injury form.
I wouldn't assign a.specific number, because we're building from the ground up here I don't expect a great season. I'd look for the team to improve as the season went on, hopefully, and.to see players that we draft show that they can be productive. However, if I had to assign a number,.I'd say around .500. We've been hiring/firing coaches every couple years and it hasn't worked. Let's try something different for once.

Oh ok that's what's up. I know he's a good.player and.remember when he.was drafted, just haven't watched him much. It all comes down to price. I don't want to see us spend tons of money on free agents.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
I give DA 2 more seasons.

He needs to get the team to .500 next season, most definitely a winning record by the next. I understand the struggles last year and this year, but with all the cap space coming available, and 3rd and 4th years draft picks they need to get better.

4 years of coaching continuity, with off-seasons and drafts...That's enough time. I think 4 years of being 'the man' and you cant get them winning, that's on DA.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I give DA 2 more seasons.

He needs to get the team to .500 next season, most definitely a winning record by the next. I understand the struggles last year and this year, but with all the cap space coming available, and 3rd and 4th years draft picks they need to get better.

4 years of coaching continuity, with off-seasons and drafts...That's enough time. I think 4 years of being 'the man' and you cant get them winning, that's on DA.
I think that's fair. Lay the groundwork next season, year after that we should be winning games