Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
Is it completely fresh right now or did you hang dry it? If its still fully wet it might take a week. A lot depends on environmental factors (like humidity and temp) wherever its drying. Check it every day, and when it gets to the point where you think you could probably light it if you tried take it out and put it in glass. Thats gonna make it re-hydrate a little as the moisture gets pulled from the center of the buds. Thats why you keep 'burping' (which just means opening every once in a while) the jars to let that moisture out, untill its bone dry. The slower you dry herbs the better, but you dont want to dry it too slowly or it will mold.
Just trimmed those today...I'm not even done trimming..I'm barely at 25%..

It's alot of work for one person...

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Yeah, fuck trimming, its one of my least favorite things in the world.

So here is how you should ideally dry

1)hang dry your herbs first. You can trim them first if you want to (most people just pull off the fan leaves and hang em untrimmed) but leave them on the stem and hang them upside down in a small dark non sealed room (the best thing to do is go to UPS and buy 'wardrobe boxes' which are these big ass cardboard boxes that have a built in hanger for clothes. Then you hang your weed on coathangers and hang them off eachother and the built in hanger. You can dry about a P per wardrobe box). Make sure you open the box or closet or whatever you use every day for air flow. Dry it here until when you bend a stem you can just barely hear it break.

2)finish drying in bags Then trim the herb, or if you did that in 1, just cut it off the stem and into paper bags for a couple days to a couple weeks depending on humidity. The weed will rehydrate a little in the first day and then start to dry out again. Keep it in bags until you could smoke it if you really wanted to, like 90%. Make sure you burp every day, like i said this just means openeing it up, but also mix the buds around so they get lots of air to all of them.

3) cure it once its at 90%, put it into glass jars. Every day or so burp them--open and mix around--and you can keep up this process for months if you want. The weed will only get better (to a point, once its bone dry, its bone dry)