Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
That's why im worried about this $15 minimum wage in Seattle... It just seems like a terrible idea. I'm actually slowly becoming poorer even though im "tightening the belt" expense wise and shopping a lot smarter and eating less. The world is shrinking for us losers ... Just working to afford being able to sleep somewhere and drive to work basically. I might be forced to move back to federal way within a couple years and im not even technically in Seattle
Yeah it's getting pretty bad all over the country. Cost of living is getting retarded, but wages aren't going up at all. Seattle is gonna be interesting because yeah they're getting $15 an hour now, but I can almost guarantee prices will start hiking up for everything evening it back out again.

The shit with my apartment is pissing me off how they raise my rent every single year to the point they want me to pay $300 more than I did 3 years ago, but my money hasn't gone up at all in those 3 years and all my money comes from Government sources which shows how crazy it is. The Government ain't raising Government wages, yet cost of living is raising like crazy and my wages are supposedly set by area code cost of living. What the fuck.

I think somebody from Portland in here was talking about some similar shit there, think it was evergreenrider. Said Portland got so crazy raising cost of living, but no wage increases he had to move way out to the suburbs.

[tinfoilhat]Shit is nuts and I feel like it's purposefully orchestrated to start turning more middle class poor and making the poor even poorer to eventually have a tighter control on people.[/tinfoilhat]

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth; banks are going bust; shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter; punks are running wild in the street, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it.

We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat. And we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be!

We all know things are bad -- worse than bad -- they're crazy.

It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out any more. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, "Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials, and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone."

Well, I'm not going to leave you alone.

I want you to get mad!

I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot. I don't want you to write to your Congressman, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street.

All I know is that first, you've got to get mad.

You've gotta say, "I'm a human being, goddammit! My life has value!"

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,

"I'm as mad as hell,

and I'm not going to take this anymore!!"

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
At least we won't be alive for when 99.9% of jobs are automated and there are like 100 people in the world with literally all the money. We don't have to worry about that.
I don't know man, we're still pretty young and they're already starting to automate a lot of minimum wage jobs like fast food lol the food making process is getting less human involved. Just in the last year I've seen machines people order on now at Jack In the Box and Taco Bell instead of ordering at the register.

Even your industry is getting automated at a lot of theaters. Automated ticket machines. Self serve freestyle fountains for drinks. Bottled soda and candy machines. Digital projectors so people don't have to change film. If they make an automated way to serve popcorn and nachos the movie theaters will be complete lol

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Lots of five hour shifts because we gotta keep the floor staff under 29 hours a month on average in a year would be the reason so they don't get company provided healthcare lol Bet you thought that one was gonna have a happy ending huh but nope surprise!
Sons of bitches that's why i quit Walgreens lol they brought everyone full-time down to 32.5 hours couldn't even survive. I guess its do-able if you're like a student with extra grant money or you have roommates

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Pretty soon Americans are gonna be on China status with a large portion of the population working in sweat shops lol

White American kids putting together iphones for shit wages and that same iphone turns around and gets sold to some poor fuck who might not be sweat shop poor, but still poor and that iphone will be added to his already retarded cell phone contract adding another $50 a month that he can't afford.

lol fuck

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Shit i spent the past 10 mins like why do i feel so terrible and so tired and awful right now why does my stomach hurt this doesn't make sense. Oh wait, Wendy's that's right lol

Adding a buncha tapatio to my fries probably exacerbated these problems