Freddie Gibbs Official Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2005
nep.503
This album is solid as fuck. Wasn't quite what I expected on the first listen, but after really soaking up the album + puffin on some good dank through most listens I'm loving the vibe this album gives off. It's a reflection of all the bad and even the good in Gibbs life. I agree some of the features, mainly those on the title track pinata I thought couldve been cut, especially the verse with the exorcist line towards the end. Also I thought Scarface song should've had atleast 2 verses. Overall for making an album around 3 singles, it's definantly a solid piece of work that's gonna be in my top 10 for this year.

4/5

also the bonus songs are available on the EPs that were released awhile back, some of those tracks are instrumentals unless he rapped over them for the LP.

Nov 18, 2010
I agree some of the features, mainly those on the title track pinata I thought couldve been cut, especially the verse with the exorcist line towards the end.
Lmao this I 100% agree with. Listening to it I was like hmm for wack miller this isn't even too bad then he says that stupid exorcist part and all his bars after that suck ass. Reconfirmed how shit he is to me... and obnoxious.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
pinata was definitely the weak song of the album and could ajust been straight cut the fuck off the album, big agree with that

ima have to soak this shit in with about 4-5 more listens before i have a comment on it, i was kinda beat shopping around the first time i listened to it, didnt hear any song the entire way. ima take a xanax or two to sedate myself enough to listen to the whole album from front of back without stopping then give my opinion. its not bad so far but i just havent soaked it up in any means.

i gotta wait till im in a right frame of mind for this shit. i been listening to vince staples shit but it took me like 2-3 days to submit myself to the whole album. ill sit down with this album in its entirety this weekend for sure

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
its a cool album half and half. some songs i cant get jiggy with, some songs slap. i listened to it a good 4-5 times and it grew on me every time a lil more.

madlib and gibbs at 1015 folsom in SF next thursday who goin? ima be on some street pharmacist shit if u get highso hit me if you wanna link up and meet for the first time and my nigga glide gon hook up the SF designer rapper weed only pie guy and cookie fam grows. put in and lets smoke it all. maybe pass it to madlib for a unreleased cd or something.

i lke gibbs more now because of this album. vince staples shit kills this album tho madlib getta diversify his sound again sometimes he got super slap sometimes that shit is booooor-rrrring

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Gibbs is arguably my favorite rapper, I have yet to be disappointed by anything I've heard from him so far. I didn't learn about him until BFK but after that I tried to go back and find all of his stuff.

I never heard any of this madlibs stuff, Thanks for the links cant wait to check it all out. Im not really up on this guy. Is he a producer or something? Any other suggestions on more of his stuff?