Freddie Gibbs Official Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 18, 2010
Aug 20, 2006
FLA
I need to give this another listen but every song before Shitsville wasn't anything special then from Shitsville to the end of the album was fire.

Also, why the fuck is he dissing Jeezy still? I understand that he's mad but Jeezy isn't giving any fucks, nobody on CTE aside from Jeezy put out an album that anyone cared about aside (althought YG might change that), the shit was already like a year ago and it's not like Jeezy kept him stuck in a contract for years when he probably could have if he wanted to.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
the beats on this are better than Madvillain but I just can't get into Gibbs. I'm sorry. I can't help it but he sounds like a guy that would be in the crew of a really dope rapper, like someone from Army of the Pharaohs or '03 StonesThrow/DefJux. Singing Jodeci at the end of that posse cut will be my favorite part of any album this year tho

Jan 18, 2006
This shit is dope. Gibbs i feel slowed his flow down on his last album which i didnt like as much. Its nice to hear him rapping like he use to. My favorite track so far:

Last edited:

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
the beats on this are better than Madvillain but I just can't get into Gibbs. I'm sorry. I can't help it but he sounds like a guy that would be in the crew of a really dope rapper, like someone from Army of the Pharaohs or '03 StonesThrow/DefJux. Singing Jodeci at the end of that posse cut will be my favorite part of any album this year tho
Is it possible to not get into Gibbs?

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
I didn't like him until ESGN

After first spin, this album was kind of underwhelming. Partly due to the fact that we've already heard 5 of the tracks and some are least 3 years old. I'm sure it will grow on me but it most likely won't make my best of 2014 list

Nov 18, 2010
Yeah it takes away from the CD cuz Thuggin and Deeper are two of the best tracks and old as hell.

Aside from thuggin uno is my favorite tune. Features kinda suck on this shit tho. Shoulda had more of his boys and hot artists outta the Midwest like boldy, king louie some shit like that.

It is actually nice as hell though because ESGN was modern and some hardbody shit. This is more some late 90s beats mixed with soul cuts and shit, doesn't matter what Gibbs raps about Madlib beats don't make it feel like some hardcore rap, he makes it sound smooth as fuck.