Frank Gore Broke His Hand

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Running back Frank Gore sustained a broken right hand during the morning practice. He is expected to miss at least a week -- and possibly several exhibition games -- with the injury. Coach Mike Nolan said Gore will be re-evaluated next Monday.

The bone is expected to take four weeks to heal, so it is uncertain if Gore will play during the exhibition season. This means that Michael Robinson, Maurice Hicks and Thomas Clayton will get extended work during training camp. Nolan said the club could also look to add another running back to the roster.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=658190

It doesn't sound too serious.. Hopefully he'll just miss the preseason (which might be good because he won't be able to sustain a more serious injury playing in a meaningless game).

But what a fuckin terrible day this has turned out to be. First Bill Walsh passes away, now Gore is hurt. Bad day in Ninerland.

May 2, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
And Gore tucks the ball with his arms (like most RBs do) so I doubt it's gonna cause fumbles.
You still hold part of the ball in your hand.

It doesn't seem like his injury is very serious...but it's still not good.

Apr 25, 2002
gimpypimp said:
You still hold part of the ball in your hand.
Yes I know, but when it's tucked into your arm you don't need that much hand strength to keep it controlled. It also depends on what hand he broke.. If it's his weaker arm it won't be too bad cuz he can just hold the ball in his other arm.

Regardless he'll be fine..

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
still might slow him down for a game or two, smith might have to step it up to compensate. contrary to popular belief I do want him to play cuz he's an exciting player to watch (and that fucking contract with no other games televised while the 9ers forces me to watch him) but I must admit the title brought a slight smile to my face :cheeky: