for those who know about cars?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2002
I don't know shit about cars so my car recently died on me and I'm looking for an affordable, reliable, gas saving car. I was looking at 2005-2006 camrys, 2004-2006 accords and 2006-2008 impalas.

My pops thinks he knows about cars so he says that V4 camrys and Accords aren't that good because they are bigger cars so the engine isn't that strong, so the engines fuck up more than a V6. But V6 camrys and accords are like 2g's more. And he says that the new impalas have shitty engines and they aren't worth it. Although the impalas Ive been looking at have like 3 years or 45,000 miles left on the drivetrain warranty so I figure i'd be safe. I don't know, what do you guys think?

Feb 17, 2005
i dont know about the camry's but the 4 cyl accords are pretty good. thats what honda does....4 bangers....the V6 is nice but there is nothing wrong with the 4

Dec 4, 2006
them 4 cyl camrys or accords will last you for a good 15+ years if you take a good care of them, leave those impalas alone. They're nothing but trouble from what I've seen so far....

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
fuck dat man might a$ well get a real car like a BMW MERCEDE$ or Por$che fuck de broke $hit get a German car and you be $et fo life Do it BIG

May 3, 2002
I would buy a new car and shit, but I start SanJoseState in the fall so i don't want a big car payment each month, along with insurance. if i wasn't going to school i wouldn't trip, but school aint free.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Get a 4 banger accord, its not exciting or anything, but that car will last forever with not even the best care. Theyre hella easy to work on, very simple and straight forward for the most part, and parts are easily available. Save yourself money, get the accord.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
You can run those Impala's into the ground before they break. The down side is, they're ugly as fuck, front wheel drive, and once again ugly as fuck.

Feb 26, 2006
if i wasn't going to school i wouldn't trip, but school aint free.
and neither are the parking permits. Prepare to spend $300+ for semester parking. On top of that SJ State doesn't even garauntee a parking spot. punkasses.

Go with the Accord.

Dec 6, 2005
Honestly, just get the car with the best gas mileage.

ANY stock OEM car will last if you know what you're doing, fuck what other people say or heard. You're really looking at "newer" cars so I highly doubt you'll have a problem with either choices anytime soon unless you're buying a lemon, so just check the history of the car before buying as well as recalls for each model. The drivetrain warranty is nice, but FWD vehicles don't really have problems until 125k-150k+ miles.. at least from the tranny to the disc brakes.

No disrespect to your Pops, but if he was right then Chevy or Ford wouldn't put 6 Cylinders in lower version, heavy Camaro's/Mustangs... and I still see ALOT of them on the road today. Shit, Fox Body Stangs came with 4 cylinders as the lowest model.. and these are vehicles from the 80's and early 90's. You're looking at 2000+ cars.

Manual trans is nice in case your starter goes out (kick start) and you can short shift while driving in the city to save gas as opposed to an auto trans. Clutches do wear out but if you're a decent driver, I wouldn't worry about it.

The cleanest, cheapest, less miles and best on gas is what I'd go for. Save your 2g's for school and future car maintenance and just pick up a 4 cylinder version. 2 extra cylinders might be nice, but that's almost 2 extra quarts of oil and 2 extra spark plugs/plug wires every tune up and 2 extra cylinders to replace if shit happens. Plus, I don't think you're hauling trailers or racing anyway.

Jan 18, 2006
ive had a 90 accord for 9 years lol, got it with 63,000 miles on it now it has 157,000. Theres a couple weird things that it does but pretty much still runs great. Ive made sure to do oil changes when it was around the time i was suppose to do it and have fixed all the normal issues with a car. I must say it might not be that great looking of a car but i wouldnt prefer any other car over it as far as how well it runs.