FOR THE WEIGHT LIFTERS: Shoulder Injuries???! Need advice!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 20, 2004
www.rapbay.com
Fucked my shoulder up doing some type of shoulder exercise (military press or free weight standing flys... could have been free weight chest flys) I've been lifting for 10 years pretty regularly but first time i've hurt my shoulder.

How long does shit take to heal? It only gets irritated if i use that shoulder and i've been staying off it. How long should i stay off it?

Any exercises anyone can recommend to help it heal? I read about wall push ups, rubber band work, lifting yourself off a chair with your hands while sitting in it... any help would be appreciated. Tryin to get my goddamn swoll on and this shit got me fucked up.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
is it your rotator cuff?

I injured my rotator cuff a couple years back, took about 3 months to heal enough to where I could work it.... every now and then it bothers me lightweight, but I'm basically back to normal now

you might wanna see a doctor, but if it's not severe enough to where you need surgery they're basically not gonna do shit, except tell you what it is and make you come back every 2 weeks to collect more money, it really just takes time. you can do rehab exercises with bands or super light dumb bells (I prefer bands) just google or youtube them

good luck breh

May 22, 2006
My shoulder been hurt for a while. It healed a lot and then I fuvked it up doing sets of military presses with 70lb dumbbells on Thursday. It still hurts. Prolly gonna have to take it easy on the shoulder for the next month or so.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
i don't fuck with shoulder presses for that very reason. my left shoulder kinda hurts from time to time, but it is manageable. i'd stay away from presses if i were you, breh.

Apr 25, 2002
It depends what the injury feels like, your shoulder is a very injury prone area, it could be a rotator cuff or oblique, if you are having trouble lifting your arm over your head you have some pretty major issues.

Apr 26, 2002
Dislocated my shoulder bench pressin and trainin jiu jitsu. Used to get down and do 100+ push ups straight, after I injured, couldn't do one single pushup. Took me a year to get my shoulder bacc. Still not 100 tho

May 6, 2002
Depends on how bad it is. Everyone I know has never really fully recovered. Even when you think it's healed it comes back once you try to push it.

Stay off it, do light works outs (box, swim, anything light with a lot of shoulder movement) and build it back up. I'd give it at least 3-4 weeks before trying to put pressure on it.

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
At some point in my junior year in high school when i started taking weight lifting serio i tweaked my left shoulder but don't really remember how or when and I fucked up by not getting it checked out right away and I'm now a sophomore in college and my shit ain't been right since even though i laid off weight lifting for a good while. I went back to the gym a couple of weeks ago but every time i do shoulder work outs i feel a sharp pain on my left rotator cuff so get that shit checked out I already made an appointment hopefully i don't need surgery.

Apr 7, 2006
Weightlifting injuries are no joke... I tore my TFCC (wrist cartilage) & I don't think it's ever gonna be the same