First of many konvict placements

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
i just found out on sunday that a track i did for the group "GLOWB" on konvict got leaked... we havent even recorded the official version, this was just the demo that they recorded to a 2 track mp3..

the funny thing is it kinda sounds like the 40 and akon song... not really, but has a similar chord progression...

we recorded it in june/july when i first started fuckin with them, and are trying to find out who leaked it... but now there gonna use it as the first single for their album since it got leaked and has a pretty good buzz so far...

http://limelinx.com/media/b322fc4a5e3e4b469b91be5e558a45ed.aspx

it had about 4000 downloads from the 24th to the 25th... so were gonna record the final version this week, and start the radio/club/promo campaign once its finished...

i wrote the hook and pre hook (the way that movin your body..etc) as well as did the beat.. let me know what yall think.. its not mixed at all (like i said, it was just the demo version) so excuse some of the quieter parts...

Jul 12, 2002
This is dope. But like you said it does sound a lot like "Wake It Up." I would've noticed that even if you didn't state that. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing that it sounds very similar to another successful single. I mean I know you didn't copy it or anything like that just not sure how people will take it.

Also The Pack did that song In My Car as well about a year ago. Which is ironic because I just did a mashup a couple weeks back with the In My Car beat and Wake It Up vocals which can be found on my myspace.

Bottomline though it's a really dope track productionwise, but I'm not feeling this group. I mean having one person singing with auto-tune is one thing but a whole singing group that uses auto-tune is kinda lame if u ask me. That's just my 2 cents on the track. Congrats on all the new success you're having though Nonstop! Get that guap!

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
This is dope. But like you said it does sound a lot like "Wake It Up." I would've noticed that even if you didn't state that. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing that it sounds very similar to another successful single. I mean I know you didn't copy it or anything like that just not sure how people will take it.

Also The Pack did that song In My Car as well about a year ago. Which is ironic because I just did a mashup a couple weeks back with the In My Car beat and Wake It Up vocals which can be found on my myspace.

Bottomline though it's a really dope track productionwise, but I'm not feeling this group. I mean having one person singing with auto-tune is one thing but a whole singing group that uses auto-tune is kinda lame if u ask me. That's just my 2 cents on the track. Congrats on all the new success you're having though Nonstop! Get that guap!
its fucking konvict music man what did u expect ? originality ? Lol . their 2 flagship artist sound dead on like each other and this glowb sounds just like them too .. im sure thats on purpose . i support this tho nonstop doin it .

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com

never heard the pack song... was it like this?

the chord progression was a bite off one of my own tracks i did a few weeks before this one, "snake charmer".. i used the same synth, just transposed it a octave or two higher and sped it all up... regardless, im not sure the similarities (to the 40 track) are close enough to make people receive it in a negative way. if so, its all good... i got hard drives stocked with more so it wont slow me down any... its not like "wrist stay rocky" had the warmest reception... you either loved it, or hated it, but i still got paid at the end of the day, and it didnt hurt my confidence none

Jul 12, 2002
never heard the pack song... was it like this?

the chord progression was a bite off one of my own tracks i did a few weeks before this one, "snake charmer".. i used the same synth, just transposed it a octave or two higher and sped it all up... regardless, im not sure the similarities (to the 40 track) are close enough to make people receive it in a negative way. if so, its all good... i got hard drives stocked with more so it wont slow me down any... its not like "wrist stay rocky" had the warmest reception... you either loved it, or hated it, but i still got paid at the end of the day, and it didnt hurt my confidence none
Nah the pack song was nothing like this one they just repeat "in my car" in the chorus kinda like on this one and i was just pointing out a funny coincidence to something I did a few weeks ago.

I like Snake Charmer way better but I'll support anything you working on because I know you gonna bring some dope shit to the table. And like you said, at the end of the day you got paid and to you that's all that should matter! Props.

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
i appreciate it fed...

and coma, i just heard the pack song,... tottally different.... but i neverbeen the cat that has super original titles... lol...

this nonstop by the way... live and direct from the boom boom room...