FIRST CAR

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
I GET WHAT YOU SAYING LOCO...THIS IS MY POV

I DO SPOIL MY SON...STRAIGHT UP...BUT IN TURN HE HAS DONE EVERYTHING I'VE EVER ASKED...

STAY OUT OF TROUBLE,BE AN HONOR ROLL STUDENT,EXCEL AT WHATEVER SPORTS HE'S WANTED TO PLAY, AND BE A GOOD INFLUENCE ON HIS YOUNGER SIBLINGS.

THIS KID HAS BEEN THROUGH SOME SHIT WITH ME...FROM HAVING OUR PAD RAIDED,NOT HAVING ME WHILE I WAS IN THE PEN, TO KNOWING ALL THE DRAMA THAT I'VE HAD TO GO THROUGH IN THE HOOD LIFE...

SOME IS ME TRYING TO COMPENSATE...BUT HE DOESN'T MAKE IT HARD FOR ME TO GO BALLS OUT FOR HIM...

IF I HAD A SON WHO WAS FUCKING UP...I'D PROBABLY BE WHOOPING HIS ASS AND GIVING HIM THE BLUES...TO A CERTAIN EXTENT.

MY POPS WAS VISITING ME IN JUVENILE HALL AT THAT AGE...

I GO TO AWARDS CEREMONY'S FOR MY SON HAVING A 3.5 GPA...

I SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING HE'S HOME SAFE, MY POP'S WAS STRESSING OFF EVERY GUN SHOT HE HEARD IN THE HOOD.

GET WHAT I'M SAYING?

I CALL IT POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT...SOME SEE IT AS SPOILING
props breh, some folks get old, but still never get an older mentality and stay doin child shit, raising ur kid properly and watching em succeed is what lifes about

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
props breh, some folks get old, but still never get an older mentality and stay doin child shit, raising ur kid properly and watching em succeed is what lifes about
I FUCK AROUND MORE AS ADULT THAN MY SON DOES AS A TEENAGER...

I HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE TO RECOGNIZE THAT I'VE BEEN LUCKY...

I JUST HOPE HE CAN FARE DECENTLY WITH WHAT I CAN PROVIDE, DESPITE THE ODDS HE STILL FACES TO THIS DAY.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Don't twist the point I was trying to make.

I've been successful as an adult because of the freedoms my parents provided me as a teen.

My best friend had a lifestyle opposite of mine.

I bought my first car and did all the work to it, eventually reaping the benefits after another friend named Nathan wrecked it. All the work I put into it after paying $950 for the car, reaped me over 4k in collection after my buddy decided he didn't want to handle the car with care as it was very powerful. It was my own foolish nature that the car was even destroyed, but the hard work didn't go unnoticed. That's in dire contrast to Chris' life as his parents bought his car and never let him customize it or do with it what he wanted, though he was capable of taking care of it and upgrading just as anyone else could.

DJ_JG

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2008
I say an Acura would look decent, get decent mileage, be good on repairs/maintenance, and be comfortable. Fits everything you're looking for. I do think you should make him at least pay for his own gas, but I'm just a kid too who just learned a lot of car lessons the hard way. So what do I know

Sep 24, 2006
my first car was a 1986 buick skyhawk. Nope not skylark a skyhawk. paid $800 for it out of my own pocket. drove it for 2 years blew up the engine so i bought a 1984 buick skyhawk. now im stuck with a 1994 Chrysler New yorker

Mar 11, 2011
First car thread been poppin...

Real saliva tho...

Stomper asked about a car he didn't inquire about proper fuckin parenting techniques. Bottom line = baseball scholies are only available for 1-3 yrs tops. Kid can get a job whenever he wants, especially if he takes the books seriously

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
First car thread been poppin...

Real saliva tho...

Stomper asked about a car he didn't inquire about proper fuckin parenting techniques. Bottom line = baseball scholies are only available for 1-3 yrs tops. Kid can get a job whenever he wants, especially if he takes the books seriously
HE WANTS TO GET INTO SPORTS SCIENCE...IN CASE THE BASEBALL THING DONT PAN OR IF HE GETS HURT

AND FORTUNATELY THE BASEBALL COMMUNITY CREATES ALOT OF OPPORTUNITIES FOR ITSELF...

COACHING,SCOUTING,INSTRUCTION,ETC

SO THERE'S LOTS OF CHANCES TO WORK AT SOMETHING YOU LOVE DOING

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
Props for being a good dad, and having the honest desire not to raise a knucklehead. I agree with everything you have said in this post.

My first car was like an 86 Mercury Lynx station wagon we called the hot lynx. I lost my virginity in that car. It had a pull out back seat you could take out and sit on the ground, when you turned on the heater and leaves would blow in your face, the tape player worked one of of 19 times you'd try, random french fries would come out from under the seat, even after vacuuming hella times. I bought it for a dollar.

Dec 12, 2006
Shut your faggot ass up, Real men dream american cars, whats your dream car pussy?
I drive and will only drive American for the rest of my life so let me start with that, I have 7 dream cars I want and normally I dont like to tell people them because most people have such a terrible sense of automotive style that they dream in LeMans Sports and then steal my ideas but since I appreciate you sticking up for America I will break you off two since what I want to do them mechanically and style wise is as important as the make and model

72 Buick Skylark Coupe

67 Ford Galaxie

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I drive and will only drive American for the rest of my life so let me start with that, I have 7 dream cars I want and normally I dont like to tell people them because most people have such a terrible sense of automotive style that they dream in LeMans Sports and then steal my ideas but since I appreciate you sticking up for America I will break you off two since what I want to do them mechanically and style wise is as important as the make and model

72 Buick Skylark Coupe

67 Ford Galaxie
Clown. You assume since my dream car is a LeMans Sport that it was because I have bad taste? Nah, let me immerse you in some real talk. I bought that car with money I made and saved at 16, a feat almost impossible for any kid who's nose isn't firmly planted in his chemistry books. It had a 455, would run 150mph and could pull the tires of the ground from launch at well over a ton. Memories are what make something valuable to me, not what the car enthusiast hobby deems the most sought after.

You think I wouldn't drop hot coin on a 72 Skylark Gran Sport with a 455? Your dream of a simple coupe would have granted you a 350 with a turd of a Rochester 2 barrel carb and a measly 145 horsepower.

The one and only way to celebrate wanting a '67 Galaxie is to dream of the XL packing a Thunderbird 428 with a 4 barrel, right? Right. Way to dream big too, pimpin. I've got more knowledge about classic cars than any one man should.