First Car Ideas!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2008
Im about to turn 18 and get some skrill for my car and I keep changing my mind every week. Do you guys have any suggestions on what would be a good investment from 5-10k? I would like to get a stick but i'm not sure that that would be a good idea seeing as how im going to be going to school at City College in San Francisco with all those hills but other than that the only preference I have is the acceleration and handling should be up to par. Thanks...

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
A first car should be a hand me down from the family ..........

COLLEGE & OR SOME EDUCATION SHOULD BE WHERE YOUR $$$ IS GOING , OR YOUR FAMILY $$$$$

GET A HONDA & SMASH IT TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF - THEN WHEN YOUR OUTA COLLEGE GET A NICE WHIP .......

MOST COLLEGE STUDENTS DON'T DO MUCH DRIVING . I DIDN'T DRIVE IN SF WHEN I WAS THERE MY CAR STAYED IN SJ . PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IS A GREAT PLACE TO MEET GIRLS TOO .......

Feb 12, 2008
Thanks for all the advice... but I am definately getting a car. So if you can just reccomend a good buy instead of advising me on different things to do with my money, I would really appreciate it.

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
if you want a quality domestic stroll thru retirement communities and old people neighborhoods and look for sale signs. get a mechanic to check it before and ofcourse a carfax. search hard enough and ya might just be rolling to the city college in style and most importantly long lasting parts.

import wise for your money a way newer civic or altima with low miles makes sense. or a little older acura. dont waste time on a benz, bmw, or similar at this point in your life unless its inna worthy condition. maitanence and part prices are a main factor for less expensive cars.

you might come up at an auction too but have a friend or familia mechanic check it out before purchase. trust.