Female lead bands...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2005
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
Does not have a female lead vocalist.
You could have fooled me with female vocals such as Dissolve Girl, Protection, Teardrop, ect. I put them on the list because the songs I have heard, have female vocals.

May 9, 2002
JesterMIR said:
You could have fooled me with female vocals such as Dissolve Girl, Protection, Teardrop, ect. I put them on the list because the songs I have heard, have female vocals.
Only a few songs dont count.

They have 6 LP's and a OST under their belt, and they FEATURE female vocalists, but they are not part of the actual GROUP.

If the criteria for "bands with female LEAD voacalists" was only a few songs from groups, the list would be 1,000 groups long. Zero 7 also features female vocalists, as does Tricky and Moby...but that doesnt mean they need to be on this list.

Jan 28, 2005
TOKZTLI said:
None of these little broads touch what Deborah Harry did with Blondie.
killed it on Rapture!

umm... how about:

Jefferson Starship/Airplane... and Janis Joplin in general.

Far as the newer bands go, I like the Yeah Yeah Yeah's and the Sounds. Paramore is decent, but the format doesn't change much.

Also check out Aimee Allen.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
forecast (RJ's fav band according to lastFM) is the only female vocals i can put up with and thats only cause it only 50% of the time