Federation

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 13, 2006
HERESY said:
^^^ No one is saying that it is a sample that was taken from the ORIGINAL recording of the song, looped or whatever. However, REPLAYING the original song, which is an INTERPOLATION, still requires some form of payment as it will fall under the license for MUSICAL WORK and not under SOUND RECORDING because the original recording was not used. What I am telling YOU and ANYONE else reading this thread is that speeding up the source material and making something new around it will still fall under sampling.

BTW, Don't come back with the "You don't know the business" stuff you did with that other cat. I'm a registered member of a.s.c.a.p, b.m.i, TAXI, and I'm actually Goldies UNCLE (his mom = my oldest sister.)
i was trying to tell this nigga but he "knows for a fact" and is "schoolin" niggas right? ima AES member.

Jul 20, 2005
i want new material.... rick rock always cookin up new shit...

im afraid this album is going to sound old.. please warner hurry and drop it before them songs get old to the general public...

atleast a mixtape

Nov 2, 2005
The album is going to be great! IS great!
Alot of people are going to be surprised.
There last album did well considering they had no damn push. They did better than most bay groups.
I know they will do a ton better this go round. Especially with the push Warner is going to give them.
Some people do not realize exactly what goes in to making an album.

Feb 9, 2007
sloth11 said:
Looks like Stimey got owned on this thread

I don't see how. All I was saying was that it wasn't a sample which it seems like most of you agree with, and that Corey Hart personally said no. Rick talked to him on the phone. That's what I was saying. How did I get owned? Name one thing I said that was wrong.

Feb 9, 2007
HERESY said:
^^^ No one is saying that it is a sample that was taken from the ORIGINAL recording of the song, looped or whatever. However, REPLAYING the original song, which is an INTERPOLATION, still requires some form of payment as it will fall under the license for MUSICAL WORK and not under SOUND RECORDING because the original recording was not used. What I am telling YOU and ANYONE else reading this thread is that speeding up the source material and making something new around it will still fall under sampling.

BTW, Don't come back with the "You don't know the business" stuff you did with that other cat. I'm a registered member of a.s.c.a.p, b.m.i, TAXI, and I'm actually Goldies UNCLE (his mom = my oldest sister.)
There were people in this thread saying it was a sample. But your above paragraph explains it perfectly.