Federation "Its Whateva" June 26

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 24, 2006
da HYPHY pinoy said:
if only corey hart could have said yes, stunna glasses could've been a hit. well hopefully this next single will be just as better. oh yeah, feds are signed to warner right? hopefully they'll get a good push
The General said:
In all honesty I think The Feds missed out on an oppurtunity with 18 Dummy & I Wear My Stunna Glasses At Nite (even tho I kno it wasn't their fault), they should've tried 2 have done something when hyphy was more relevant in mainstream. Hopefully their new song will bring the buzz back. With Rick Rock on the boards it shouldn't be to hard to make a hit.
LOL...Man...you people kill me who think that it was anybody's fault but theirs. Some of you will believe anything that some people say. Before you even decide to release a song or put it on anything that is gonna make money, it's on YOU to clear it. They could have easily cleared it if they would have gone through the leaglities before it hit the radio and clubs. But when you release it and it hasn't been cleared, the original composer/writer/producer of the song has all of the power. They can say that they want 100% of the proceeds of the song, and if you don't agree to it, they can sue you if you decide to release it at all....and it wouldn't have been as much as a lot of you think if they would have purchased a synch license for the song before hand. With the kind of numbers of cd's that would have been produced, it would have been around $5,000 give or take a little. Shit, Game was able to clear "Real Muthaphukin G's" by Eazy-E and "Hard Times" by Curtis Mayfield for the song "Compton" on The Doctor's Advocate for $2,000...and this was with WORLDWIDE distribution. And they pressed up about 3 million more for Game than they will for The Federation....

...and these numbers are not made up, I have dealt with all of this paperwork.

Apr 8, 2004
threefoe said:
Hate to break it to you but you have no clue what you talkin bout. 40 is at close to 700k right now and i guarantee that they sell more than half of that. Im at the label so i know how the machine works.
my boy JAY ROCK at Warner is a mufuckin problem!

Apr 24, 2006
Chinese Mike said:
hate to break it to ya but a synch lic. is only for embedding sound with video.
hate to break it to you but Synch licenses cover internet, new media, video, pagents, festivals, non theatrical performances.....it means any kind of visual/audio commercial release. They would then need to obtain a mechanical license for the entire release.

Feb 9, 2007
nastyfresh21 said:
LOL...Man...you people kill me who think that it was anybody's fault but theirs. Some of you will believe anything that some people say. Before you even decide to release a song or put it on anything that is gonna make money, it's on YOU to clear it. They could have easily cleared it if they would have gone through the leaglities before it hit the radio and clubs. But when you release it and it hasn't been cleared, the original composer/writer/producer of the song has all of the power. They can say that they want 100% of the proceeds of the song, and if you don't agree to it, they can sue you if you decide to release it at all....and it wouldn't have been as much as a lot of you think if they would have purchased a synch license for the song before hand. With the kind of numbers of cd's that would have been produced, it would have been around $5,000 give or take a little. Shit, Game was able to clear "Real Muthaphukin G's" by Eazy-E and "Hard Times" by Curtis Mayfield for the song "Compton" on The Doctor's Advocate for $2,000...and this was with WORLDWIDE distribution. And they pressed up about 3 million more for Game than they will for The Federation....

...and these numbers are not made up, I have dealt with all of this paperwork.
Dude this was a very different case where Corey Hart was NEVER gonna clear the song. Rick Rock talked to the dude over and over again and he just kept sayin it was his baby, blah, blah and that Puff Daddy had been trying to clear the song for years etc. Warner Brothers offered him ALOT more than $5,000, ALOT of times. Corey Hart is papered up and he just doesn't want a rap song made out of his only hit, for whatever reason.

So while Game was able to clear some samples for Doctor's Advocate...that has nothing to do with The Federation.

Sep 17, 2006
I can't believe there are people who actually think Federation will sell more than 50,000 records. Nobody movin units anymore, and no regions outside of the Bay like hyphy.

Apr 24, 2006
Stimey said:
Dude this was a very different case where Corey Hart was NEVER gonna clear the song. Rick Rock talked to the dude over and over again and he just kept sayin it was his baby, blah, blah and that Puff Daddy had been trying to clear the song for years etc. Warner Brothers offered him ALOT more than $5,000, ALOT of times. Corey Hart is papered up and he just doesn't want a rap song made out of his only hit, for whatever reason.

So while Game was able to clear some samples for Doctor's Advocate...that has nothing to do with The Federation.
you missed the whole point of what I was trying to say....THEY DID NOT SEEK CLEARANCE UNTIL AFTER THE SONG WAS OUT...Corey Hart does not clear samples, that's what he has his publishing set up through Warner for.

Feb 9, 2007
nastyfresh21 said:
you missed the whole point of what I was trying to say....THEY DID NOT SEEK CLEARANCE UNTIL AFTER THE SONG WAS OUT...Corey Hart does not clear samples, that's what he has his publishing set up through Warner for.
That's true they did not. But he wasn't gonna clear it anyway man so it's better that it got out a little than not at at all. You don't think the artists have any say in whether their song gets sampled????

Apr 24, 2006
Stimey said:
That's true they did not. But he wasn't gonna clear it anyway man so it's better that it got out a little than not at at all. You don't think the artists have any say in whether their song gets sampled????
I know that 90% of them don't. I've seen over 500 publishing contracts of the biggest names in music that have their publishing set up through Warner and almost all of them give Warner the right to clear their music. They sign with the publishing companies so all they have to worry about is getting a check.

If someone came to you, with a song that was already done and on the radio and it had a sample of your music in it, would you feel compelled to let them get paid for it after not asking you to use it in the first place? With the egos of a lot of artists, they would probably have the sense to say, "I want 100% of the song or you can't use it."

Aug 23, 2005
nastyfresh21 said:
I know that 90% of them don't. I've seen over 500 publishing contracts of the biggest names in music that have their publishing set up through Warner and almost all of them give Warner the right to clear their music. They sign with the publishing companies so all they have to worry about is getting a check.

If someone came to you, with a song that was already done and on the radio and it had a sample of your music in it, would you feel compelled to let them get paid for it after not asking you to use it in the first place? With the egos of a lot of artists, they would probably have the sense to say, "I want 100% of the song or you can't use it."
ANYWAY IT GO FEDERATION IS BOUT TO BUBBLE OUT OF CONTROL ,YALL!