Ever Notice How People Treat You Different Based On How Your Dressed

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
@Rican Gotti- please explain how a Norteno wearing RED with ben's, Dickies, Cortez' or Reeboks looks like a scrap. That shit doesn't make sense.

This shit is getting way off topic. The reason I used the phrase "dress like black people" is because its the only thing that I could think of that fit. And obviously it worked because ALL OF YOU speaking on it know exactly what I was talking about. POLO, Nautica, Tommy, Guess thats what they wear thats a big part of their style. You don't turn on MTV or BET and see Blacks wearing dickies and bens with red or blue jerseys/shirts looking like gangbangers. They are wearing what was stated above. THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not everyone from a specific race wears the same shit, that was never said it was a simple comparison and all of you are taking it way to far. The only way you'll understand is if you come here and look see some homeboys and see how we do it down here. 74% of Salinas' population is Mexican so they have the biggest influence on the style around here.

If you look into mexican gangs and gang apparel I can pretty much gaurantee that you won't see Nautica, guess and tommy listed as gang wear thats a long shot. I don't even know what the fuck that Garbaid is. Most homeboys around here shop at "workwork", "Sears", "Shirtique"or "finishline". and "JC penneys"

Aug 16, 2002
I GOT FAM IN SALINAS AND UNLESS THEY HAVE RED ON THEY LOOK LIKE SCRAPS! OUT HERE IN SAC YOU CAN CATCH A NORTENO WEARING ANYTHING FROM KHAKIS & A PLAID SHIRT TO DENIM AND LEATHER! THE ONLY PEEPS YOU SEE WEARIN DICKIES AND CORTEZ OUT HERE ARE CONFUSED WETBACKS OR SCRAPS! I AINT LOOKIN TO START NO DRAMA SHIT I CAN CARELESS HOW YOU DRESS BUT DONT TRIP IF YOU GET TREATED DIFFERENT FOR LOOKIN LIKE A SCRAP!

GOTTI

Apr 25, 2002
Its all good Gotti i'm not trying to start any drama just conversation. Dickies and cortez' might be a little off cuz now that I think about it. its been a long time since i wore or I saw anyone wearing dickies or cortez', Mostly my pants are Ben's or jeans, my shoes are reebok classic. I've been banging this shit since I was 12, I'm 25 now and never once have i been mistaken for a scrap (even if i'm wearing blue). Don't get me wrong I like to floss, at work and at clubs I wear straight pimp shit. I got a $700 leather Nautica jacket that can't be fucked with, Silk shirts, $100 ties, Snake skin and crocadile kicks. But thats not my street clothes.

Apr 25, 2002
i dont bang...but i wear dickies n and my kicks are cortez...where im from its not really bout that...tho there is a grip of bangers who sport the same....a little more evident tho....all red orall blue..etc...peeps where i grew up know me..they know i dont perpitrate no set...they know im a coo muthafucker....but theres always the neighborhoods and cities where ill get hit up at...i expect that....its all gravy....gotta know the rules where you go...i show everybody respect....and if they take a minute to know me..they'll see that and respect me as well

May 17, 2006
Have any of you ever experienced this

I dress like a cholo most of the time. My kickback, partying clothes consist of Ben's w/ baby cuffs, jeans, windbreakers, sweats, Giants, Niners and Stanford jerseys and T-shirts, beanies, black,red jackets, hushpuppies, cortez, reebok classics

When I go to work school I have to wear business clothes. A shirt and tie, dress slacks, dress socks and shoes.

What I've noticed is when I go anywhere dressed in my work clothes I am treated very well and people are friendly. Notches that are more professional (especially medical aids and nurses) smile and say hi. If I buy something I get good customer service. older people will talk to me for no apparent reason.

BUT.... when I go somewhere in my regular clothes (unless they are other homeboys) I am treated with respect but people aren't always friendly. Girls especially the ones I stated above won't really even look at me(some still do) but I seem to attract the hoodrat type when I'm like this. When I buy shit people just seem to be rude everywhere. Old people, I don't really know what they do because they don't get close enough for me to find out. lol
goes to show you who fake ppl are

Feb 15, 2007
all im gonna say is if your dressed like a ruthless thug then expect to be treated and viewed as one...while as if your dressed in professional attire expect to be treated in a professional manner

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Appearance can make an everlasting first impression. Say the first time I met you, and you happened to be wearing a clown costume, then for the next 5 times I see you wearing office attire, I will always remember you as the guy I met in a clown costume. It's just how people estimate who you are by the way you dress and carry yourself. It's the same reason you dress up for an interview. I've seen interviews last for two minutes because the interviewee was not dressed properly. Wearing ironed clothes, a tie and a coat typically shows that you mean business as well as having attention to detail. Show up to an interview wearing jeans while all the employees are wearing business attire and you will be thanked and walked out fast.

Now do you have to dress up all the time? Depends on where you care to be treated with more respect. Unless it's for work or some sort of family get together, I ain't wearing slacks, a dress shirt or a tie. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy and I can give a fuck what people think of my character outside of work.