Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Leaked

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 20, 2006
FLA
This is the first eminem album I've listened to since The Eminem Show (except Bad Meets Evil). First, this album is way too fucking long. There was some nice wordplay on Evil Twin and Wicked Ways is dope. If I never heard any song off this album ever again I'd be ok with it.

ESCOBAR 92113

BARRIO LOGAN
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
thanks.......

i just listened to 2 songs and must say I'm disappointed. This reminds me of an old thread somewhere on this forum. There was a pretty good debate going on about rappers and their struggle to stay relevant in the game. it had to do with most fans wanting rappers to go back to their original style rather than have them evolve into what they are now.

bottom line is that this record will still sell like crazy, eminem will gain some new fans. the teeny boppers, youngsters will eat this up and the old school eminem fans will just go back and listen to the original marshall mathers lp....

Mar 18, 2006
Haven't listened yet.....I think unless u still got it, y put out questionable music to tarnish your legacy? I guess that was rhetorical....U don't see Warren G puttin out music(or do u?).....U gotta know when it's curtains, exit stage left, fade 2 black, etc.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Haven't listened yet.....I think unless u still got it, y put out questionable music to tarnish your legacy? I guess that was rhetorical....U don't see Warren G puttin out music(or do u?).....U gotta know when it's curtains, exit stage left, fade 2 black, etc.
warren g put out an album a few years ago and i dug it...
when you name your album a sequel of your classic album the expectations are automatically raised for the sequel to be equal or better.
that being said this album was decent, but no where near where that album is.
stan >>>MMLP2
and i'm not even an em fan i just respect him as a mc.

UGT

Sicc OG
Sep 15, 2002
Wasnt impressed with htis album expected way more...but eminem still pretty much the best at what he does and what hes done...dude needs to make a proper yelawolf collab...

Oct 2, 2004
I just wanna know why every single one of the bonus tracks on the deluxe addition shits all over the entire regular album tracklist combined. The fuck, Slim. I mean, even if you're just pickin radio singles, 'Desperation' shits all over 'Berzerk'. 'Beautiful Pain' shits all over 'Survival' and 'The Monster'.

And those delusional enough to think dude can't still rap like the old Shady... listen to 'Baby' and 'Groundhog Day'. Far as I'm concerned they both shit all over 'Rap God'.

Three out of those four should have been your three singles, dummy. And they ended up bonus tracks??

Apr 25, 2002
Great album - It's better than Recovery and a worthy sequel to MMLP. The Rick Ruben beats are kinda ehhh, but most of the other tracks are sick and this is literally the best he has ever rapped on any of his albums from a technical perspective. Best songs: Bad Guy, Legacy, Asshole, Rap God, Brainless, Evil Twin. I give it a 8.75.

Oct 2, 2004
God damn. This is my third time through the album, and I'm havin a few beers, but this shit is unbelievable. Dude has NEVER flowed better than this album. The wordplay and subtext is crazy. You go back through and listen again with fresh ears and no expectations, and it's fuckin genius.

It's not a sequel to MMLP, it's an update and reexamination, from boy to man. He is bringing his career/life full-circle with this shit, and establishing his legacy. AND declaring that he ain't anywhere near stopping. At the same time, it's a note to aging hip-hop-heads who feel weird and goofy listening to music the same way in their 30's and 40's that they listened to in their teens. Plus, undeniably, he is better lyrically than he's ever been.

Mark my words. This shit will be considered a prolific classic a few years from now. GOAT. And I haven't given a shit about this cat since 'The Eminem Show'. But this album is brilliant. A fuckin opus.