E-40 TO RELEASE 3 BRAND NEW ALBUMS IN MARCH

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 15, 2008
West Coast Tycoon E-40 is going to start 2012 on an ambitious note: He’s releasing three LPs simultaneously on the same day in March.

“I putting out The Block Brochure: Welcome to the Soil 1, The Block Brochure: Welcome to the Soil 2 and The Block Brochure: Welcome to the Soil 3,” 40 explained recently via phone from his home in the Bay. “They’re all coming out the same day. You gonna see them in stores all sitting side by side. And they’re on iTunes.

“We’re also gonna have a special edition where you can get all three in one bundle,” he added. “A three-pack for a nice price. But if you only have enough gudda for one, get one. Then come back in a couple of weeks when you get your check and get another one. I’m milking the system. I have my own label, ain’t no liaison, no middle man. I have my own distribution. I’m not signed as no artist. I got a P&D deal which is a lovely situation.”

40 says that throughout his three discs, he’ll be telling his patented brand of ghetto tales. Brotha Lynch Hung, YG, T-Pain, Raheem DeVaughn, 2 Chainz, Snoop Dogg, Nipsey Hussle and The Hieroglyphics all appear on the projects. So, why put out three LPs at once? 40 says for one, he has “a lot to say.”

“Rappin’ is my passion,” he added. “Then there’s gonna always be people who wanna hear me. It’s like chitterlings, a lot of people don’t like chittterlings, but a lot of people love em. I’m an acquired taste. Some folks putting out three, four or five mixtapes a year. This is no dis to mixtapes. I like mixtapes. But you have some people putting out mixtapes when it really is their album, but [calling it a mixtape] is just a security blanket in case the project don’t perform well. Like ‘oh, that’s just my mixtape.’ With me, I’m putting out albums. Aint no need of beating around the focal point. With me, when you spit the shit people wanna hear, it’s gonna spread like the flu and become contagious like a yawn.” —Shaheem Reid

Those are just some of the guest features on his albums. But for the most part he has a lot of solo songs on there as well.

Dec 2, 2003
Fuckin' dope!!!! Can't wait to hear the song with Brotha Lynch Hung. Been listing to Loaded for the past couple of days and the song with E-40 is classic!!

lopro

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
As much as I like E-40, I would prefer one CD. Adding one more to what I thought was already enough... I don't know.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I agree, I'd rather just him pick the best 12-18 songs... and release a solid "album"

I'm E-40 fan, but you know there will many fillers

Sep 25, 2008
40 workin' man. That's good on him, but yeah, like what's been said, one solid album would be straight. Even drop one album the first quarter, another mid-year, and the third the last quarter.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
West Coast Tycoon E-40 is going to start 2012 on an ambitious note: He’s releasing three LPs simultaneously on the same day in March.

“I putting out The Block Brochure: Welcome to the Soil 1, The Block Brochure: Welcome to the Soil 2 and The Block Brochure: Welcome to the Soil 3,” 40 explained recently via phone from his home in the Bay. “They’re all coming out the same day. You gonna see them in stores all sitting side by side. And they’re on iTunes.

“We’re also gonna have a special edition where you can get all three in one bundle,” he added. “A three-pack for a nice price. But if you only have enough gudda for one, get one. Then come back in a couple of weeks when you get your check and get another one. I’m milking the system. I have my own label, ain’t no liaison, no middle man. I have my own distribution. I’m not signed as no artist. I got a P&D deal which is a lovely situation.”

40 says that throughout his three discs, he’ll be telling his patented brand of ghetto tales. Brotha Lynch Hung, YG, T-Pain, Raheem DeVaughn, 2 Chainz, Snoop Dogg, Nipsey Hussle and The Hieroglyphics all appear on the projects. So, why put out three LPs at once? 40 says for one, he has “a lot to say.”

“Rappin’ is my passion,” he added. “Then there’s gonna always be people who wanna hear me. It’s like chitterlings, a lot of people don’t like chittterlings, but a lot of people love em. I’m an acquired taste. Some folks putting out three, four or five mixtapes a year. This is no dis to mixtapes. I like mixtapes. But you have some people putting out mixtapes when it really is their album, but [calling it a mixtape] is just a security blanket in case the project don’t perform well. Like ‘oh, that’s just my mixtape.’ With me, I’m putting out albums. Aint no need of beating around the focal point. With me, when you spit the shit people wanna hear, it’s gonna spread like the flu and become contagious like a yawn.” —Shaheem Reid

Those are just some of the guest features on his albums. But for the most part he has a lot of solo songs on there as well.
b.k.a. the consumer.

Jul 25, 2007
The Block Brochure: Welcome to the Slaps
The Block Brochure 2: Welcome to the Fillers
The Block Brochure 3: Welcome to the Re-Filler