E-40 has SOLD 77,716 so Far

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 17, 2008
yad
it was basically an exact copy of mgrc
like yay area = the ambassador
wake it up/give her the keys = u and dat
break ya ankles = snap yo fingers (even tho its not on mgrc)
and all the other filler tracks = filler trax for mgrc

Sep 5, 2008
^^ stupidest shit ive ever read.

big time would be a dope single, there hasn't been a soulful song in a while that I can remember though, he might need to hit them with pain no more, or pray for me.

which sucks because they got a bunch of features, though pray for me wouldnt get him more sales. they got a video for break ya ankles already though, has that been released? he said it in the magazine article in a thread posted here.

40 always been one of those 1-2k a week rappers though hasnt he? he gets rich like ICP, steady sales over a long term of time.

lenbiasyayo

Rest In Peace
Jun 24, 2008
yad
it was basically an exact copy of mgrc
like yay area = the ambassador
wake it up/give her the keys = u and dat
break ya ankles = snap yo fingers (even tho its not on mgrc)
and all the other filler tracks = filler trax for mgrc
u and dat was a dance track bout crevis, give her the keys is laidback and all bout bein good to your mane-squeze.
ball street is so great. how bout tel it like it is or Earl or big time or alcoholism compare them to mgrc. your dumb

lenbiasyayo

Rest In Peace
Jun 24, 2008
^^ stupidest shit ive ever read.

big time would be a dope single, there hasn't been a soulful song in a while that I can remember though, he might need to hit them with pain no more, or pray for me.

which sucks because they got a bunch of features, though pray for me wouldnt get him more sales. they got a video for break ya ankles already though, has that been released? he said it in the magazine article in a thread posted here.

40 always been one of those 1-2k a week rappers though hasnt he? he gets rich like ICP, steady sales over a long term of time.
yeah 40 got solid fans , his real fans know this cd is blapers

Nov 5, 2004
77,716 is roughly half the population of Vallejo.

Damn. I did my part and bought 1. Step your purchase game up muthafuckaz!

Seems like he hella ain't getting as much as a push as the last album though.

If I remember right, MGRC went ghetto gold in the first week.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
nah its very similar in many ways to MGRC... the songs aren't exactly the same, but the formula and the flow of the album is

If they choose the right single it woulda been a different story, no one give a fuck bout tpain or akon anymore. They shoulda trusted there ears, and went with some of the more solid songs people said above.

Sep 5, 2008
songs on rotation from the cd: pain no more, got rich twice, earl, big time, pray for me

he has to cater to the masses though, he explained it well in the interview, 5 songs i can slap is more then I can find on any mainstream CD.

Sep 5, 2008
whats funny is like track 3 i think it is he has a track dedicated to people always saying shit, with quotes that read like they were straight off siccness.

May 2, 2002
Just out of curiousity, when did people (fans, in particular) concern themselves with an artists' record sales? To me it seems like people determine whether or not they like a rapper based on album sales. If a rapper doesn't sell a certain amount the week of his or her album release, all of the sudden, they've "flopped" or "fallen off". I mean if you like somebody, you like them. Should numbers really matter?

I don't get it.

Apr 25, 2002
the album wasnt good enough for me to go out and buy, sorry, it just wasnt.

I did buy My Ghetto Report Card and refused to burn any copies for my friends.

Eventually, 40 will see his mainstream success is over, and go back to making music for his fans, and not trying to reach people that give a fuck about him anyway.