Ducks @ Stanford: Who Yall Got????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 23, 2010
i have no idea about this game. both of these teams were alot better last year. none of these teams have big wins this year. the pac 12 is so bad this year i mean shit Arizona st lost to UCLA lol wtf.

That's why this game is so hard to call. Oregon is the only team to play a really good team in LSU and they lost and Stanford has played no one yet. so i don't know. Stanford does play better at home and the ducks are not as good on the road. if this was in Eugene easy win for the ducks but being in Stanford who knows.

all i know it should be a good game. if the ducks do win and go to the rose bowl they better win that shit or they gonna look really bad dropping 3 bowls in a row

May 9, 2002
Stanford is absolutely nothing like an SEC team, they lack the top tier speed of an Auburn and mos def of an LSU. They are big tho, but they were big last year too.

I respect the opinion tho
I said "closest to", not "like" an SEC team. They are faster than you give them credit for. You dont have one of the best defenses in the country if you are slow. Period.

Oregon beat Stanford AT Autzen last year, and Oregon isnt as good as last yeah IMHO.

Mar 11, 2011
I said "closest to", not "like" an SEC team. They are faster than you give them credit for. You dont have one of the best defenses in the country if you are slow. Period.

Oregon beat Stanford AT Autzen last year, and Oregon isnt as good as last yeah IMHO.
I agree that Oregon is not as good as last year, but they should have beat Stanford by 40 points last year.

Stanford is not slow but to compare them to an SEC team is crazy unless that SEC team is Vanderbilt. USC is the fastest team Stanford played this year and SC looked a lot better than Stanford for most of that game. In reality SC handed Stanford that game and Stanford really oughta be 7-1 with the Ducks.

Stanford's D is ranked high and they play great team D but they have not been tested. They might be faster than I think, we will see on Saturday fasho tho.

May 9, 2002
I agree that Oregon is not as good as last year, but they should have beat Stanford by 40 points last year.

Stanford is not slow but to compare them to an SEC team is crazy unless that SEC team is Vanderbilt. USC is the fastest team Stanford played this year and SC looked a lot better than Stanford for most of that game. In reality SC handed Stanford that game and Stanford really oughta be 7-1 with the Ducks.

Stanford's D is ranked high and they play great team D but they have not been tested. They might be faster than I think, we will see on Saturday fasho tho.
Stanford is the most physical team in the Pac-12 by far, and its not even a race. USC is a very good team....on offense. I mean, REAL good (their defense is hoverging around below average). No team runs a better pro-style offense than USC....except for Stanford. However, USC has much better skill players.

Oregon has struggled mightily against TOUGH, PHYSICAL teams that get upfield penetration at the snap in the backfield. Both Auburn and LSU turned UO into a pass happy team, which is something that is not their cup of tea. Without the run game, Oregon is basically a MAC team. They NEED the run game to set up the pass...that is how the scheme is built and run (pun intended). This IS the reason they lost against Auburn, LSU, and to a lesser extent, OSU a few years ago. If your DL can disrupt the play, its a wrap. Period. Nick Fairley single handedly put his NFL stock through the ROOF last year in the NCG. He was a one man wrecking crew in OU's backfield.

Without coming off as a dick, you are a Duck fan, so your glasses might be a bit green tinted. Then again, im a Husky fan so i might be peeing on those green glasses. With that being said, i really am being objective here. As much as it pains me to say it, Oregon is a GREAT team. However, they are a SCHEME driven team and when their system works, they are virtually unstoppable. However, take them out of their comfort zone, and you have found their kryptonite.

Mar 11, 2011
Auburn had the best D line in college last year and I think LSU (maybe South Carolina) has the best D line this year. Your right that a big, quick, physical D line kills the ducks spread option attack. The Q back has even less time to make his decision at the mesh point because a DT is .25 seconds away from eating his lunch. You are exactly right about this causing a big disruption in the Oregon momentum offense, plus it forces Oregon to get away from there 1 play every 15 seconds strategy when they are getting stuffed.

Stanford might be the most physical team in the PAC-12. However they are not quick enough or skilled enough on defense to force Oregon to abort the gameplan.

Stanford's offense makes their defense look better than they really are.

Jan 5, 2006
Seen about 15-20 Ducks fans yesterday walking around here.. one thing about Ducks fans is they'll drive hundreds of miles to see their team play... but still.. GO CARDINAL!