DROOP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
he was already signed wit KVE b4 Valley Of Death & Minority Militia... if you look at the credits of Lowdown "Up In Smoke" he appears courtesy of KVE.

the projects that helped get his name in circulation in 98-99 were

No Face Killaz ( i personally hooked that in with my homie Jay Dad who at the time was workin over at BMR with Ced... a shitload of people heard him from this album and were anticipatin his solo debut)

Guce "If It Aint Real It Aint Official" ( another one I personally hooked up as I put Droop up on game about Guce and let Guce hear Droop's shit.. thingz clicked)

Doja Clik "Speed Killz" (Guce was doin a couple verses with em and brought Droop along...)

the Lowdown affiliation helped too...

i gotta re-iterate the fact that we put in a shitload of work in order to establish his name regionally. The chemistry was there all the way around.. the drive was there.. i was super hungry and wanted to break the record. We spent lots of weekends away from home... at car shows, in-stores, cruise strips anbd other events. We set um all up .. and it was alwayz our decision to go.
There were plenty of times we had to talk him into goin. At this point i'm pretty much burnt out on this rap game.. i dont have the energy and hunger i used to. Maybe it's the state of the game today.. maybe it's these ungrateful artists that lack business saavy and don't appreciate your hustle and the fact that you gave them life in the game with YOUR MONEY. remember folks.. MONEY TALKS... without money.. a dream is all there is.
Some of you say w/o him... there wouldnt be KVE... but I feel like w/o KVE there wouldn't be Droop. I give him credit for stickin with us for the time he did and his talent did help us along the way... however, talent isn't enough. We're still here and will continue doin this for as long as WE want. After Thursday's Bash & Jay Tee concert i learned a couple thangz about supportive fans and what not... and now I will try to work that into our lil equation in efforts to expand to a level we have yet to reach.

We wish Droop the best of luck and I really would like to see him succeed on his new venture... but I wanna see him do it himself, with his own finances on the line. That way rise or fall he can look in the mirror and say "hey I did it... or I didnt do it.." and realize that it's much more than writin and rappin... it's a business and it takes a sound business mind.

Feb 13, 2004
droop

what up O.G MS thanks for explaining that. I understand what you were saying about its a business before anything else. But things change and maybe that he's a little older now he realizes that. It's taken him three years just to do anything on wax and might be a another year before it hits the streets. Hopefully he's done some growing up. If its taken him this long I'm sure his money went into this project. you all keep your heads up over there at kve and you guys always got my support. oh yeah you got anymore copys of that Trifelen album let me know peace bro.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
thanx for the support....

we got a new distribution deal so thingz should be luvly in 2004....

we got 6 albums comin' out May 11th....

the biggest is Hurrikaine J "Storm Of The Century" which i'm being told has been put on the priority list of releases. The Kaine album will be enhanced with a video for "Why" on there and some other footage.

We're also re-releasing CVBB2, Farmboyzz, KVMOI, Lethal Weaponz w/ 4 new songs and the Droop 2 cd set.

also watch for our rock group DROP OUT

they'll be droppin this Summer

May 21, 2002
My 2 Peneth............

The only KVE releases i have bought have been Droop projects, same goes for a lot of people i know.
I have checked many of the other releases (from BG Evil to Kaos to the Myth tracks on the free summer mixtape) but havent honestly felt the talent of the current rappers on the roster have lived up to Droops skill.

Droop is exceptional tho, some labels have never dropped 2 cds like 199hate and Moment, even bootlegz. Nobody rides Way Deep production like Droop.

I dont know about personal difficulties between artist and label, so i cant comment, But it seems stupid not to continue to do business, Droop has fans wanting to buy his new material, surley business is business?
I know the guys at KVE are saying there isnt that much money generated by Droop but im willing to bet there is more generated from projects with his name than any other KVE release. If this wasnt so why release the double cd of unreleased guest spots and Lethal Weapons, which from what i can tell didnt have any actual imput from Droop himself, just his name on the cover

Generally artists are tempremental and labels are run by businessmen that expect things to be black and white.

Is there no room for compromise? if not for business but for the sake of good music.

anyways........

2 questions while im here....

who are the other rappers on Baracudas?

Is Dubble J ever going to drop on KVE? - that is 1 artist on a level with Droop.

Apr 25, 2002
www.KillaValley.com
DROOP WAS PAID FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF WUT LETHAL WEAPONS WAS, HE KNEW WUT IT WAS GONNA BE AND HE TOOK THE CHANGE HE GOT FOR IT, YOUR RIGHT THOUGH BUSINESS IS BUSINESS, IF DUDE CAME WITH A PROJECT READY TA ROLL WE WOULD REALLY CONSIDER GETTING IT OUT THERE CUZ WE WOULD EAT ON IT, WE NEVER SAID DROOP DONT BRING IN MONEY , WUT WAS SAID WAS THAT IT DIDNT BRING THE 100'S OF G'S HE THOUGH IT BROUGHT IN, AS FAR AS YOU NOT BUYING OTHER KVE RELEASES, HOW CAN U SPEAK ON THE TALENT IF YOU AINT BOUGHT THE MUSIC?.....KINDA LIKE SAYING I DONT THE SAND AT THE BEACH AND YOU AINT NEVER BEEN THERE.....EITHER WAY WE RESPECT YOUR VIEW, BUT THERE WERE ACTUALLY 3 OTHER KVE ALBUMS THAT OUT SOLD 2 OF DROOPS CDS.....AND /' OR MADE MORE MONEY FOR US.....YOUR RIGHT THOUGH THE BOTTOM LINE IS WUT MATTERS TO ME, THATS Y U WILL SEE A NEW GUY JUMP ON THE TEAM FOR A SECOND THEN HE SEES HIS ALBUM WONT COME OUT FOR ABOUT AT LEAST A YR, AND HE JUMPS SHIP DUE TO THE FACT HE THINKS HE SHOULD DROP YESTERDAY "CUZ ALL HIS HOMIES SAYS HE TIGHT".....BUT FROM THE LABLES VIEW IF U AINT GONNA AT BOTTOM MAKE THE INVESTMENT BACK THEN WE WOULD BE STUPID TA EVEN FUCK WITH THE ALBUM AT THIS POINT......SEE U LATER ....THEN THEY TRY TA USE THAT 6 MOTHS OF "KVE" HYPE TA CARRY EM TO THE NEXT LABLE, ITS ALL GOOD ITS PART OF THE BUSINESS BUT YES WE HERE AT KVE ARE LOOKING OUT FOR THE BEST INTRESET OF THE LABEL. DUBBLE J IS TIGHT BUT HE GOT MANY FAMILY ISSUES AND HE LEANS TOWARDS DROOPS DECISIONS MOST OF THE TIME. BUT WE DO HAVE A FEW TRACKS FROM HIM ALSO. ON A SIDE NOTE DROOP STILL GETS PAID FOR ALL AND ANY CDS WE PUT OUT OF HIS, WE DO OWN RIGHTS TO ALL THEM SONGS AND WE WILL PUT OUT ANOTHER GREATEST HITS SUM DAY, ITS MONEY WE SPENT AND MONEY WE WILL TRY TA GET ALL THE RETUEN OUT OF LIKE ANY BUSINESS MEN......AS FAR AS WORKING WITH DROOP AGAIN, MY PERSONAL FEELINGS ARE HELL NO, BUT MY BUSINESS GUT FEELING IS WE MIGHT BE ABLE TA GET PAID , "WE" MEANING DROOP AND US, BUT THERE WOULD HAVE TO BE A MANAGER ON HIS SIDE FOR US TO DEAL WITH CUZ HE IS SUM WHUT DUMB FOUNDED ON HOW THE BUSINESS SIDE OF THIS SHIT WORKS STILL AFTER ALL THESE YEARS...REMEBER KVE DID BUILD THE GUY, AND DID MOLD HIM TO RAP THE WAY HE DOES, AND DID OVER SEE ALL OF HIS RELEASES TO DATE, THEREFORE IF YOU LOVED DROOPS WORKS UP TILL NOW THEN YOU IN RETURNED LOVED KILLA VALLEY ENTERTAINMENTS WORK LIKE WISE.

May 21, 2002
I can appreciate all you said Robb you got your head screwed on right.

Last KVE i bought was the double Droop cd, just for the 15 or so bonus cuts (i already had Hate and Bootlegz)

I have sat and listened other releases (via net snippits, free stuff you dropped and cds my homies bought) - its not like i have never been to that beach and stood on the sand.

At least you are motivating and continuing to fuck with the music industry, that takes balls in itself.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
but im willing to bet there is more generated from projects with his name than any other KVE release.

the margin is what it is all about.. in business you gotta remember that and not get caught up on overspending with the chance of ending up in the red after all is said and done. regardless if a project sold 5000 or sold 2000, margins gotta be met in order to keep movin. There's no reason why we shouldnt eat off our investments. Actually he will get royalties off KVMOI still once his acct. comes out of the red.

we put out the droop 2 cd-set and out of 1000 we pressed we have shipped 650. At the same token, we have shipped 800 CVBB2 & 700 Farmboyzz and 700 Jesse James.

We know we can make money off future endeavors if the terms were worked out. But that remains to be seen. However we keep pushin forward... goin to shows... throwin shows, keepin our store crackin... remember we continue to maintain all this stuff.. that's what business men do.

Dec 30, 2002
I think that droop established KVE but KVE established droop. I remember right around 199-hate dropped there was nothing but promotion everywhere i went (ie: record stores, and from MS and the OG Bart board). Anyone who says droop made KVE doesn't realize the promotion that MS went through. IF it wasn't for him, no one would have even bought young droop or even known who he was. Thats just my two cents....

By the way... i actually need to buy the first two young droop cds. Do you got those for me? [email protected]

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
2ill....

real talk homie...

i was all over the net and the og BART hypin the cat up... and buildin' lots of anticipation... it came at a good time in 98-99 that wasn't so competitive or watered down too... so that made it a much easier sell... I was puttin up snippets... along with Robb.. we were sendin out promo shit to folks... and it snowballed from there.

i'd have to look to see if i had the first two albums ... but most likely not...

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
BG EVIL I THINK WILL BE THE NEXT 2 BLAST OFF...HE IS UNDERRATED...I DUNNO BOUT THE FEELINS BETWEEN HIM AND THE RUMORS ON THE STREET...BUT I CHOPPED IT UP WIT HIM...AND HE IS BOUT THE COOLEST MUTHA FUCKA I MET...I THINK KVE SHOULD BE A LIL EXTRA PUSH BEHIND HIS WORK...AND HE WILL START POURIN IN THE DIVIDENDS

Mar 23, 2004
Man some pretty fucked up stuff about droop was posted...big robb did a good job of makin droop look broke....he couldnt have done nothin that bad to you guys could he??