Don't BLOW your IRS refund & May rebates! Get WISE!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
As americans we are breed from childhood to be consumers, that is the biggest part of the american culture. Its been like this since the 20s and it aint gonna change anytime soon. So I say fuk it if u got it spend cuz tomorrow is not official and u cant take ur money with u to the next life so u might as well try to enjoy every day to the fullest.

Jan 31, 2006
I'm not saying dress all raggity and shit, but be frugal about your shit and find the better deals. You'll find the same $35.00/$50.00 shirt for $12.00/$20.00 bucks at a Ross, or one of them places. They're out there, you just got to look.
Dont tell people that. Now all the good shit will be gone

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
Some folkz are going to be broke their entire lives, some will live pay check to pay check their whole life and that’s their choice.

I choose not to respond to the "hopeless" and "ignorant" responses...
they will have to live the consequences of their financial decisions.

TO EACH HIS OWN

In the words of Lil Wayne from "Over Here Hustlin"...
"I got the key to success, get money invest!"

Jul 25, 2007
STOP BUYING STUFF WITH MONEY YOU DON'T HAVE TO IMPRESS POEPLE YOU DON'T REALLY LIKE!!!

www.daveramsey.com

Yea I agree wit you on that one. I drive a bucket, havent bought "Flashy Clothes" in like 3 years. Only cheap jeans, white tees and cheap air force 1 wannabes at wal-mart. My friends clown on me because they got the nice whips and flashy clothes but in a funny way, I dont take it to the heart. Im known as the nigga in the crew as the bummy lookin person with a pocket full of G'z! Money aint hard to save. You just need to spend it on things you really need like food, gas, and toilet paper.

Mar 5, 2006
yea i hear yea.. a few years ago i starting investing hella money.. and now those investment are boooooming.. you gotta start investing when ur honnestly 15-20 i started when i was young id put like half my cheque to invest and i am sooooo happy i choose that.. now money isint a issue.. yes i still work but i also have NO DEBTS liek the thread starter..

but yea the GOV'T just wants u to blow taht money so it spreads out so every one is a lil richer.. dont listen to them.. save it. invest it.. ull like it when ur older. i invested in the stock market and sum small companies that are fairly big now.. by the way u dont NEED TO BE SMART TO invest money and make money.. im NOT very smart but I AM VERY SMART WIT MY MONEY.. i dont go a blow it on dum shit..

Mar 5, 2006
Yea I agree wit you on that one. I drive a bucket, havent bought "Flashy Clothes" in like 3 years. Only cheap jeans, white tees and cheap air force 1 wannabes at wal-mart. My friends clown on me because they got the nice whips and flashy clothes but in a funny way, I dont take it to the heart. Im known as the nigga in the crew as the bummy lookin person with a pocket full of G'z! Money aint hard to save. You just need to spend it on things you really need like food, gas, and toilet paper.
WOW.. i was exactly like you.. except now im spending money.. ive saved for a while now im live lavishly. i starting saving/ investing when i was 15 tho maybe even younger.

Apr 26, 2006
This all helps,............if your WHITE. lol

Seriously though, everyone who's white has atleast one wealthy person in their family tree and they pass that knowledge down to the rest, pass down businesses,etc... There's a reason why whites are wealthiest in America.

Some just have it made, most black and brown, don't. It's a fact, we have to work much harder to make as much.

Moral of the story, act white, vote Obama. haha

Apr 26, 2006
Yeah, money isn't really that hard to save. You just have to rebel against society a bit. Just don't buy what's popular and what everyone else is getting. If a new bomb ass cell phone comes out, fuck it, stick with your old one, it's still just a cell phone. New TV, fuck it, stick with the older technology for a bit longer. Same with computers and every other materialistic thing. If it ain't broke, there's no need to buy another thing that does the same thing. I personally have a hard time shopping, I can't find anything that I like anymore, not to mention I get bored as fuck. Shopping is for the ladies. Just get what you "need" and get the fuck out.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Seriously though, everyone who's white has atleast one wealthy person in their family tree and they pass that knowledge down to the rest, pass down businesses,etc... There's a reason why whites are wealthiest in America.
that's an ignorant generalization to make, sorry to say. there's plenty of poor white people that don't have shit. whites are the wealthiest because this is a WHITE country. i'm not white, either. just look at the language we are communicating in: English. Our country is based on European culture, like it or leave it.

May 2, 2002
A recession isn't necessarily a bad thing for everyone.
Although many may lose jobs it forces people and companies to be better with their money. You might see companies with bad management continue to falter, while those that run a tight ship prosper in the long run. Less lavish spending on big cars and other expensive products. High cost of living should decrease. It could allow the average joe (who does keep his job) priced out of the home market back in the game as housing continues to slump.

Jun 19, 2004
This all helps,............if your WHITE. lol

Some just have it made, most black and brown, don't. It's a fact, we have to work much harder to make as much.

Moral of the story, act white, vote Obama. haha
Damn, what does being white have to do with being smart money with your money and investing? That's what this thread is all about,.... Regardless of what the color of your skin is. It's up to every person for them self's. It's a fact that less than %10 of people have wealth that's passed down for generation to generation, the other %90 do it from nothing and start from the ground up.....

Jan 5, 2006
yup im investing in a new business now.. my own business..

me and a few others are going in.. an electrical business.
foreals? go commercial.. thats where the bread is at.. commercial electrician.

Im going to school for electronics but i wanna switch to electrical because ive been working in electronics for 2 years and its boring to me.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
ill be dead or in jail WAY before i ever see any real money.

eating lobster now>eating lobster later

i live for the moment, saving is cool, but tomorrow is not guaunteed and if tomorrow rolls around, i'll be aiight even if i have $0 to my name....things work themselves out, always.

im broke right now cuz i went to the bay. SURE i coulda saved my money, but me going on vacation is a important part of my living. Im lightweight afraid of comfort. you know how some people work well under pressure? i think i do better when im doing bad. im comfortable knowing i dont have much because when i do, i take advantage of the situation to improve my lifes quality.

my paycheck is always around the corner. as long as thats a fact, i'm good.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Although many may lose jobs it forces people and companies to be better with their money. You might see companies with bad management continue to falter, while those that run a tight ship prosper in the long run. Less lavish spending on big cars and other expensive products. High cost of living should decrease. It could allow the average joe (who does keep his job) priced out of the home market back in the game as housing continues to slump.
You're absolutely correct. The housing market was driven by greed IMO, and nobody wanted to blow the whistle because everyone was getting cashed out. House prices need to depress in order for the regular working joe back in the game, as you put it.