Do you associate Pac with Los Angeles or the bay?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
back when he was rappin it was more of a cali as a whole westcoast type thing...even tho he was born in new york

Feb 5, 2005
Whisper818 said:
which movement was that? if you like him thats cool, but there was no movement.
ME "LIKE'N" HIM HAz NUTH'N 2 DO WIT WHUT I SED......

AN "YES" DERE WAz A MOVEMENT, AN IT COULD HAVE BEEN BIGGA DEN HE ALLOW'D IT 2 B.....

"THUG LIFE" WAz MO DEN A RAP GROUP AN IT STOOD FO SUMTHIN ( IT WAz ALOT MO DEN JUS SUM "THUG" OR "GANGSTA" SHIT ..... AN MANY PPL MISUNDERSTOOD DAT )....

HOWEVER DAT AYN DA MOVEMENT IM TAWK'N BOUT....

2PAC GOT LETTERz FRUM INMATEz NATIONWIDE, EX BLAQ PANTHERz, AN RANDOM PPL READY 2 FOLLOW HIz LEAD AN DO WHUTEVA IT TOOK 2 B A SOLDIER AT HIz BAQ......

ALOT OF POWERFUL PPL WANT'D PAC 2 B A LEADER OF A MOVEMENT 2 GIVE MO POWER 2 BLAQz/HISPANICz ( KINDA LIKE A NEW AGE CIVIL RIGHTz MOVEMENT )....

MANY FELT HE HAD DAT LEADERSHIP QUALITY AN DA CREDENTIALz 2 B DA GENERAL, YADDA IM SAY'N ?

READ UP ON IT OR WATCH DA 2PAC DOCUMENTARY WHERE HE SPEAKz A LIL BIT ABOUT IT......

ITz AN INTERESTING READ....

NO MATTA WHUT RACE U R U MOST LIKELY WOULD FEEL WHUT HE COULD HAVE DUN IF HE WOULD HAVE WENT FORWARD WIT ALOT OF THINGz PPL TRIED 2 GET HIM 2 DO.....

AN IT WAz A NOBLE CAUSE, PAC WAz/Iz A POWERFUL DOOD....

HE WAz/Iz MO DEN JUS A RAP ARTIST......

DO SUM RESEARCH MAYN, GO BEYOND DA MUSIC....

SO ONCE AGAIN, BE'N A "FAN" OR "LIKE'N" PAC HAD NUTH'N 2 DO WIT WHUT I SED......

- GEEzUz

Apr 25, 2002
Couple comments... Pac was born in Brooklyn and spent the first half of his life living on the east coast so you can't say he started in the bay. He was a student of the performing arts before he ever set foot in Oakland.

Also, "he had that bay area gangsta flow"? You can't be serious! I hope not anyway.

Rose Town Ryda is correct that a lot of people don't know he lived in Oakland for a short, or for that matter, that he was a dancer for Digital Underground who was fortunate enough to be given a verse on "Same Song".

I agree that Pac is best known for his days as a Death Row Records artist, especially to his worldwide audience. I also agree with a couple other comments that were made even though they arn't popular. Truth is truth though and it can't be ignored.

Sep 13, 2004
how the fucc is pac a studio gangsta, someone dissis him, he beat they ass, he was packin guns, he went to these one fools video shoot and attacked um with a bat, just cause he was in la oakland and new york, then decided to rep it all dont make him not legit.

Oct 29, 2004
he wasnt even in ny that long either, he was in baltimore for the majority of his life.

but as far as the topic goes, i consider him bay cuz this is where he first got his name, and being from the bay myself...shit i like to think of him as a bay represenative ha.

but to the rest of the world, he is mostly associated with LA and Death Row.

Dec 2, 2004
PAC REPRESENTED OAKLAND 2 DA FULLEST....I REMEMBER ON A PAC DVD HE WAS TALKING ABOUT A CLUB INCIDENT WHERE HE AND I THINK RICHIE RICH AND SOME OTHER TOWN NIGGAS ALMOST GOT JUMPED CAUSE DEY WAS REPPIN OAKLAND.....I THINK IT WAS IN DA SOUTH......

BUT DAT NIGGA REPPED OAKLAND......CALIFORNIA LOVE MUSIC VIDEO "WELCOME TO OAKLAND"

Apr 26, 2002
reppin_the_509 said:
how the fucc is pac a studio gangsta, someone dissis him, he beat they ass, he was packin guns, he went to these one fools video shoot and attacked um with a bat, just cause he was in la oakland and new york, then decided to rep it all dont make him not legit.
he also busted on cops out here in tha atl. i mean really, how many rappers rap about that and how many actually DO IT. but pac first repped oakland on strictly for niggaz, then when all eyes on me came out, he gave props to new york, then he got "dissed" (robbed) by new york so that was tha time he got locced up, so when he got out he went bacc to cali wit suge and repped cali as a whole- mostly la. fold.

Feb 13, 2005
both man! the whole west was his period! & yeah i can't believe whoever said he's studio, shows how much u really know about pac! LOL. that's some funny shit! he wasn't no gangster either! affilated but he didn't claim nothing! & being a gangster or in gangs ain't cool! that shit is stupid as fuck! & yes there was a movement & some people actually still kinda goin with it now like yuk for instance but yuk really doing it for the music & sales etc but pac was doing it on some real shit! black panther type shit! dude was more than a fucking rapper get it right !

Apr 25, 2002
T-Spoon said:
he also busted on cops out here in tha atl. i mean really, how many rappers rap about that and how many actually DO IT.
Pac did not rap about dumpin' on cops and then ran out & did it. The 2 men he shot at were off-duty, wearing streets clothes and didn't identify themselves as police. After they had threatened him with weapons & bodily harm, Pac shot at them out of fear for his life.

Pac didn't shoot because he was some kind of "gangsta", he shot because he was shitting his pants and scared. As most people would if 2 drunk men with pistols were saying they're going to fuck you off.

Apr 26, 2002
Sick Wid It said:
Pac did not rap about dumpin' on cops and then ran out & did it. The 2 men he shot at were off-duty, wearing streets clothes and didn't identify themselves as police. After they had threatened him with weapons & bodily harm, Pac shot at them out of fear for his life.

Pac didn't shoot because he was some kind of "gangsta", he shot because he was shitting his pants and scared. As most people would if 2 drunk men with pistols were saying they're going to fuck you off.
where did u get this info from? tha cops were drunk and had pistols? show me. fold.

Apr 25, 2002
@mrmafioso04:
Don't embarass yourself.

@T-Spoon:
Here's a hint... Why do you think the charges got dropped? The shit is common knowledge. Try google.com and enlighten yourself. When you're done playing catch-up, you can apologize for your ignorance.

Fold.