Do you associate Pac with Los Angeles or the bay?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
There's a thread in the BART forum talking about what rappers put the bay area on the map... One of the comments posted in there was this:

dj pimp said:
the rappers who put the bay on the map
4) pac... pac is bay all the way.... so lets see who the first hater is who says he wasn't bay
Based on how Pac presented himself, do you associate him with Los Angeles or the bay area?

We all know he lived in New York and other cities so no need to get into all that. Just choose between one of the two, Los Angeles or the bay.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

ive always associated him with LA, his music had more of an LA feel to it than a bay area feel. Both times I visited LA, I bumped Pac on the plane to get amped for my trip...

Jan 2, 2003
playa RY said:
ive always associated him with LA, his music had more of an LA feel to it than a bay area feel. Both times I visited LA, I bumped Pac on the plane to get amped for my trip...
Both....i mean PAC used a good marketing scheme by associating himself with LA(like the Los angeles angels of anaheim, they r tryin to make money off juts the name "la" alone)

but Pac's lingual in his earlier days reflected alot more bay heritage...

as he got older..his style became more "la"...

Feb 9, 2005
2Pac = California Love

"But Tupac had a problem with Dr. Dre... I would ask him, why do you think Dr. Dre is gay?'
B-Legit

Apr 25, 2002
HE IS AN EASTCOAST RAPPER WHO JUMPED TO THE WEST DICK WHEN IT WAS GETTING BIG....DONT FORGET WHEN HE STARTED RAPPING HIS NAME WAS M.C. NEW YORK...I LOVE PAC'S SHIT BUT HE REPPED THE WEST ONLY AFTER SUGE BAILED HIM OUT AND BROUGHT HIM THERE...

TRUTH.

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
he claimed/was whatever the people he was hanging with at the moment claimed/were.

mc new york, oakland with ray luv and them, digital w the underground, westcoast gangsta god when he was with deathrow...i mean the dude aint really legit...if anything hes probably one of the biggest studio gangsters of our time...money made him, and he lived off the rep of the company he kept.

Apr 19, 2005
@ askG - wow .. that was a little harsh .. but hey you're entitled to your opinion

I never associated Pac with either. I always just though of him as one of those artists that transcended geography. But that's just me. Cats act like you have to 100% represent where you're from to be considered a legit rapper. That's total bullshit. Pac was an artist and had more to say than just where he was from and who he associated with. Cats who think that hip hop is just about telling people where you're from and who you hang wit get under my skin.

May 11, 2002
TRAGIC LOSSES said:
HE IS AN EASTCOAST RAPPER WHO JUMPED TO THE WEST DICK WHEN IT WAS GETTING BIG....DONT FORGET WHEN HE STARTED RAPPING HIS NAME WAS M.C. NEW YORK...I LOVE PAC'S SHIT BUT HE REPPED THE WEST ONLY AFTER SUGE BAILED HIM OUT AND BROUGHT HIM THERE...

TRUTH.

askG said:
he claimed/was whatever the people he was hanging with at the moment claimed/were.

mc new york, oakland with ray luv and them, digital w the underground, westcoast gangsta god when he was with deathrow...i mean the dude aint really legit...if anything hes probably one of the biggest studio gangsters of our time...money made him, and he lived off the rep of the company he kept.
^^^^^^^

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
^^

its not that i think hip hop s about telling ppl where you re from ...its what pac shouted on damn near every song, westside deathrow westcoas bla bla bla...i could care less about ppl being real or fake but, 2pac gets too much credit...i mean the dude had passion, ill give him that...aside from all eyes on me and makaveli, i aint heard much that i like from him...you hear all the old material his mom remade w new beats, and you say t yourself "no wonder the beats were changed on most of these songs, the prodcution and beats on the originals were horrible"...you ever hear any of the makaveli 1-50 cds...theyre terrible...and the reason why i have a problem w him acting up like some g is that the shit he talked about in music got a lot of ppl including himself in hot water....i mean come on...you really think p diddy "i need a girl girl to ride" combs has the gall to put a hit on 2pac...you cant tell by just watching shows but whenever i heard biggie speak about pac it was always w respect...the whole eastcoast westcoast beef began w 2pac acting up making up bullshit stories about fools putting hits on him and sleeping with his wife...he got popped cuzof his arrogance and big mouth, he wasnt no g...he was an actor...i ahte how ppl talk about this guy like hes the best rapper ever...hes not...he had avergae flows, with a gang of passion, nothing else.

Feb 5, 2005
I ALWAYz SEEN PAC Az A WORLDWIDE TYPE OF NIGGA CUz HE TOUCH'D U N SUM KINDA WAY NO MATTA WHERE U R, WHERE U CAME FRUM, OR WHO U R....

I COULDNT JUS LIMIT HIM 2 DA BAY, L.A, OR EVEN DA EAST COAST...

HE WAz BIGGA DEN DAT.....

SAME WIT MAC DRE.....

ON DAT NOTE :

R.I.P 2 BOTH OF DA LEGENDz/ICONz

May 10, 2002
Thank god im not the only person that thinks he was the biggest studio gangsta. I also think he single handedly ruined the country by making everyone think its cool to be a thug, now mothafuckas that had that preppy look going is wearing rocawear and all the other shit.

But yes he represented Cali as a whole.

Apr 8, 2004
Playa510 said:
I also think he single handedly ruined the country by making everyone think its cool to be a thug, now mothafuckas that had that preppy look going is wearing rocawear and all the other shit.
QUOTE]

this statement is comedy. to say that one man is responsible for that isnt accurate at all. he may have been an influence but that's what any other rapper. if you wanna take it bacc, nwa was the first niggas who ever went on wax and rapped about gangsta or "thug" shit so if u gonna give credit give it to where its due. also the only reason why pac was so big was because he was a controversial artist and guess what this country loves controversy. all that east coast/west coast war was made up by the media, he said himself that he loved the east coast and the media was the main ones stirring up controversy so i dont know why people like askg and others insist there was this dumb ass west/east war. but to anwser the question i would consider pac a bay artist, that's where he learned the "game". he was only w/ death row for 11 months before he was killed.

Feb 5, 2005
Playa510 said:
Thank god im not the only person that thinks he was the biggest studio gangsta. .

WHUT Iz YOUR IDEA OF A "REAL GANGSTA" ?

Playa510 said:
I also think he single handedly ruined the country by making everyone think its cool to be a thug, now mothafuckas that had that preppy look going is wearing rocawear and all the other shit.

U CANT BLAME HIM FO HOW SUM NERD TAKEz HIz LYRICz.....

IF U SEEN DA 2PAC RESURRECTION DOCUMENTARY, HE xPLAIN'D DAT SHIT ( ABOUT HOW PPL WHO LISTEN 2 HIM FEEL HIM CUz DEY UNDERSTAND DA STUGGLEz OF ERYDAY LIFE, AN HOW SUMBODY WHO HEARz AN HAVENT REALLY BEEN THRU SHIT THINKz WHUT HEz SAY'N SOUNDz COO AN ROLLz WIT IT )

DEREz A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "HEAR'N" AN "LISTEN'N"......

AN I GUESS U 1 OF DA PPL WHO MISUNDERSTOOD WHUT HE WAz TAWK'N BOUT WHEN HE TAWK'D BOUT "THUG" SHIT....

PAC WAz A LEADER OF A WHOLE MOVEMENT MAYN...

HE WAz A POWERFUL MAN......

AN JUDGE'N BY ALL DA 2PAC NEWz/THREADz/ VIDEOz/ALBUMz/ETC HE STILL Iz A POWERFUL MAN......

THINK'N HE WAz ON SUM THUG SHIT LIKE DEEz OTHA NIGGAz B RAP'N BOUT MEANz U BLIND 2 WHUT HE WAz TAWK'N BOUT.......

- GEEzUz