DO FEATURES AFFECT YOUR DECISION?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 18, 2006
honestly this is a funny cause I am a guy who works in music and am putting out my first project this year. Fact is labels love these featurable artists cause notice we execs scout potential in multiple areans outside lyricism, and beats is one of those categories, ive worked int he studio as a manager with platinum legends, broken three or four producers into there resumes, and you know what i would look into one thing now, who puts out good music as far as company is concerned, and how they promote the album, pushing a hard promotion means someones dedicated, and dedication is like undying love for something, ill grab it...nobody could lie that they wanna see there favorate bay rapper on top, and so we scout these beats and make these songs and go man dude would go on it. Now me personally I wont wanna do a feature unless its perfectly for that beat, some people use verses int he studio trunk, and personally i know if e40 has something int he trunk i may use it cause its business but id rather the artist release a feature cause they were homies and they just were feelin eachother so they did a song....that makes the song a good feature not who, but why they corresponded in a song. keak flew to atlanta with e40 and they as a collaboraqtive group maqde that song, lil jon didnt send his beat down to the bay feel me.

Feb 15, 2006
i go with cds that have a good amount of feat's but that doesnt flood the entire cd. Feats make certain songs slap, but im buyin the cd to listen to that one certain artist. not a mob of people.

Jan 21, 2003
www.myspace.com
AllCity Cinemas said:
^^less is better wether its nas' cd or joe buttfuck
I agree. Thats one of the reasons why Nas 1st album was so raw. He held it down with zero guest apprearances. Not alot of rappers can do that. Now dayz CD's are like compilations. Its not a good look in my opinion. If i see a gang of features its a negative for me.

Oct 20, 2006
www.myspace.com
sumtimes cd covers draw me in if i havent heard of the artist be4.....like an example 4 me is Tha Jacka when i seen the cover of "The Jack Artist" i liked it so much i was like "ok lemme give this dude a try" now that shit stays in my cd deck....i have bought alot of wack shit on my method of cd covers tho