DO FEATURES AFFECT YOUR DECISION?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2005
www.robeyee.com
tha k.i.d. said:
DO THE PEOPLE FEAT. ON A CD EVER AFFECT YOUR DECISION TO BUY IT OR NOT?
it does.. if i see a dope collab that i never heard before u always tryin to hear some new shit.. features really help unknown rappers out too.. but i see what ur sayin.. people should support the artist whethere or not they got features..

Dec 4, 2004
no i just usually buy solo artists cd to listen to them, if there are features i see em as bonuses...if there are too many then it waters down the album.

Aug 24, 2006
i mean it helps me to buy a cd when its a rapper that i dont really like.. ya boy, jacka, huss, yuk, tajhe can have complete solo CD's and ill still cop it cuz they spit heat. but for most other rappers ima need some tight names on the cd for me to buy it

Aug 25, 2005
if they got good features, i'll give it a listen...if they catch my ear, then i'll think about buying. it doesn't affect my decision to buy, but it can draw me in...

what affects me the most though is "with production by..."

rick rock can do an album for the hootest rapper in the world and i'd still give it a listen just for his production...

Oct 28, 2003
Artist need to worry about making good songs. Most of the time (atleast with Bay albums) the feat. kinda make no damn since. When people buy albums it should be for you...not your features. Great albums (unless they are producer/artist albums) don't have a shit load of features.

May 30, 2006
I got caught up in the feature bullshit but wised up almost a decade ago. Featurez mean nothin 2 me anymore az far az my decision making of buyin a cd. When I use 2 buy tapes & when I started my cd collection I use 2 give an unknown & unproven artist a shot if I saw he had some really good featurez but that shit went out the window the more I kept losing my money on unproven talent that more then likely bought a throw away verse & slapped it on hiz album. Comps & mixtapez are the same. Back in the mid 90's I would buy a compilation just cuz I saw a dozen niggaz I liked just 2 spend my cash on some throw a way trackz & recycled verses.

95 percent of the time now I got 2 hear the cd or snippetz of the entire cd 2 buy it. Either that or I gotta be a die hard fan. Features are way overratted these dayz. Artist are so untalented now that they depend more on having big names & having 27 different niggaz on they cd then just puttin out good music on there own.

I bought TECH N9NE CD Anghellic when it first dropped in 2001 & he had a featured rapper on only ONE song & that cd IMO iz a masterpeice. Thatz called quality.