DHB vs Crabtree

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

So who is going to be the better receiver/have the biggest impact on their team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I agree, it's not debatable anymore. Crabtree is the better receiver out of the he and DHB. DHB is just faster but that's it. Crabtree got him on the routes and hands but I must add he's on a better team too and Niners do a better job of getting him involved in the offense.

I never seen film of DHB's drops. When they said he had bad hands, I thought he probably would drop a slant route or two that would hit him in his "hands" but I had no idea that this dude was a "body" catcher. He doesn't even attempt to use his hands. I wouldn't have put him out there if he wasn't going attempt to catch the ball with his hands. He must be body catching in practice and the coaches are letting him get away with it.

So Crabrtee wins by far, but there's no need to delete the thread. Why punk out now? If people want to continue to debate then let them. We all know who the better receiver is now. It was fun until Crabtree showed up, LOL!!

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
What were we all telling you Tony?? Now you see why all the other Raiders fans were so pissed off when we drafted DHB... just think we could have drafted Crabtree

Crabtree, Murphy, Schilens, and Zach Miller at TE... that's a nice little receiving core right there... of course it doeosn't matter much when JR is throwing the ball

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
What were we all telling you Tony?? Now you see why all the other Raiders fans were so pissed off when we drafted DHB... just think we could have drafted Crabtree

Crabtree, Murphy, Schilens, and Zach Miller at TE... that's a nice little receiving core right there... of course it doeosn't matter much when JR is throwing the ball
Yeah, I see now. You all were tellin' me, but I didn't know this DHB dude was/is a body catcher. They never showed film of his drops....

I still don't think we should have drafted Crabtree though (he didn't seem all that excited and his price tag would've been too high). We probably should've drafted Percy Harvin.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Yeah, I see now. You all were tellin' me, but I didn't know this DHB dude was/is a body catcher. They never showed film of his drops....

I still don't think we should have drafted Crabtree though (he didn't seem all that excited and his price tag would've been too high). We probably should've drafted Percy Harvin.
I would have been ok with Percy Harvin, would have been dope to have him and Murphy on the team, being former teammates from Florida

I also would have been happy with Maclin... anybody but DHB

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Ding, Ding round 2!

It's time to bring this debate back....

Round 1 went to Crabtree but it looks like this fight ain't over yet.

I said some good and then bad things about DHB. It's looking like he's going to play like I thought he could when I vouched to draft him.

Anyone else notice that nice grab last night? He got passed the DB but Grad underthrew the ball and DHB had to stop, make an adjustment and then he snatched the ball out of the air with his hands.

DHB has to be our most improved player so far....

Ding, Ding, round 2!!

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I hope youre right, we def. need him to live up to expectations this season. Now that he will have a QB that can get him the ball it should be interesting.

Mar 16, 2005
between what we all told you here and in the jr threads it makes me wonder if you even watch any college football at all Tony, or do you just watch espn "highlights"?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I don't care what you told me.... you better hope Champ stays healthy so y'all could have somebody to cover this dude. DHB is looking pretty good so far. He looks like a totally different receiver compared to how he looked last season.

And don't compare DHB to JR....

DHB's problem he had last season was that he couldn't catch. That's it.

JR could throw but he didn't care and wasn't dedicated to being the leader of our team, even though that punk got paid like it.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
It was a huge injury but this is about DHB. The receiver that everyone in the media dogged out and laughed at us for drafting. He's improved, so the debate is back on.

Mar 16, 2005
this will not end well at end of season for you Tony. One of these years you will learn.

i hate niners, and I would still place a money bet with you crabtree finished better stats than dhb

p.s. doom injury wasnt huge, you do know he was are worse run defender as well as poor in tackling

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Yeah but didn't he lead the league in sacks? You always have to worry about someone like that. I think he had like 17 sacks and I don't know how many qb pressures. That dude is a beast and will be missed your team.

I guess we'll see about the Crabtree vs DHB debate. Crabtree won round 1, will DHB respond in round 2? I think so, he's looking good. I know most Raider fans on here don't want to get their hopes up but I see a different receiver in DHB.

Aug 9, 2006
WRs never make thier name in the pre-season tony. the DBs are just as lost as the WRs when it comes to 3s and 4s.....ok he looked decent i can tell you that, but he also seemed to get yelled at a lot from what i viewd in raider pre-season games.....that means hes running the wrong routes or slacking on the field....he has a lot to go b4 he can even be mentioned in the same sentence as crabtree, even tho crabtree himself hasnt proved shit

Dec 2, 2006
DHB had an allright preseason. That catch he made last night is what we need more of. That is what Al envisioned him doing. He is still very raw. I just want to see more consistency. I hope for 50-60 catches and 6-8 TDs in 2010.

Aug 9, 2006
DHb is raw talent. The kid showed lastnight why we drafted him. He will better than you think.
The raiders took a huge gamble on raw talent just like the dolphins did with Tedd Ginn Jr, the knocks on them are the same.....WR is the 2nd hardest position in football to turn talent into production...if DHB contributes like 40 catches a year it will be a win for the raiders at this point....IMO