Def Jam 2009 Hip Hop Awards....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
Beastie boys were the fucking shit 10 years ago, I remember jamming out to I dont wanna go to school something before going to school with one of my childhood best friends, good times good times. Im glad dude beat cancer too, but this is the Strange music forum, were here to bitch about how Tech didnt get shit not about how the Beastie boys didnt
I'm bitching for credit that EVERYONE deserves, and if anyone deserves credit, it would be the Beastie Boys.

Jan 16, 2007
more than 25 years in the rap game .. 1st indie rapper 2 reach 1 mill.. drops classic albums

need more info?
tech does not have 25 years in the rap game....he might of been rapping that long, but doing it with your boys aint being in the game or on the grind.......

Nov 10, 2006
. Im glad dude beat cancer too, but this is the Strange music forum, were here to bitch about how Tech didnt get shit not about how the Beastie boys didnt
I can relate them to the matter at hand. An album like PAUL'S BOUTIQUE, which is critically acclaimed in this "mainstream" concept, would be impossible to do now as opposed to when they released the album, as the laws and sample compensatory rules have changed since its release, hence, one could legitimately argue it is much more required now than then.

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
Honestly, how can anyone expect Tech N9ne to be seen as "a legend" by the music industry when he's only now just starting to get bigger and more well known? How long he's been rapping and how many good albums he has put out is irrelevant if the person in question is still technically a rising artist.

On another note, I think it's slightly funny that people can call Tech "underrated" and "overlooked" one second then argue for his status as a Hip Hop legend the next.

Sep 19, 2008
www.youtube.com
True, I just think everyone has mixed feelings, truth is Tech still is underrated and is barely on his way to making it big, definitely has a while if he's ever to become a legend, but Tech should definetely be considered for a Def Jam award, but once again Tech is overlooked.

Nov 14, 2002
How the fuck are you going to say "This is my shit" when you didn't even know the name of the song, let alone the line you were trying to quote.

"Yeah the song where he doesn't want to go to school"...

Come on dude. If that was your jam, you wouldn't know the opening lyrics? I'm gonna call you Mitch from now on. HighandMitchin.

How long he's been rapping and how many good albums he has put out is irrelevant if the person in question is still technically a rising artist.
That's not totally true. I don't think KRS sells too many albums, but he's been around since the beginning. KRS is a legend but I can't name a single album of his... Would you say he was a "rising artist" if he had a hit single on MTV just because it's the first time he's been there?

Feb 9, 2006
In order to be a legend you need to be a focus of discussion for years beyond your time IMO... Will Tech be discussed in the mainstream for years after he stops rapping? No. Lucky if he even gets mentioned or compared to anyone. Tech has yet to make his mark on the rap game, prob never will.

Doesnt take away anything from Tech, he has still had a very successful career and in my eyes is by far one of the greatest to touch a mic. And he doesnt need to fuckin award presented to him on stage to prove that fact. Just face it, he is not a mainsteam act, he just isnt. Plain and simple/ Their are many who will never get to grace the stage of an awards show in front of millions to salitify their career. But just because they dont do that, doesnt mean what they have done in their career doesnt count or goes unnoticed.

Stop gettin butt hurt cuz Tech doesnt get this, or Tech doesnt get that, Tech chooses his path. If he wanted mainstream exposure he could have it, with the sacrifice of his true self. Which he isnt willing to give up. So since he wont, which I madly respect, he will continue to be passed over. Get over it.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
So, I finally watched the Hip-Hop Honors

And it was fucking dope. Never thought I would see Travis/Gym Class Heroes, KRS-One and Wale perform a Beastie Boys song.

Also, to the original poster...

[size=4fuckingbillion] What the fuck were you talking about. [/size]

This was a Def Jam HONORS show.
They didnt give out ANY fucking awards.
And why the fuck would Tech be considered for a Def Jam honor/award?

If this has been spoken on, my bad, and keep it moving.