Def Jam 2009 Hip Hop Awards....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 24, 2008
how the fuck didnt the #1 indie hip hop artist not win any awards? you would think because of how his shows are that they would want him on their stage, i guess they'd rather have flava flavs goofy ass instead looking like hes having a seizure and not even rapping...very disappointing...

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
yes he is... along with Public Enemy

but I do see where your coming from... it's sad that the artist that he is still fails to be recognized by an event that praises it's 'standout' artists in that genre

same goes for the VH1 Hip Hop Honours... alot of it was great and alot of it was pure garbage considering

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
They're classic to us, but not to the rap world.
And him having the "best flow" is a matter of opinion.

He's not the highest selling independent artist of all time, either.
Not rap, but Offspring's independent album "Smash" sold 11 million copies.

When Lil Jon was on TVT his shit was technically independent.

"TVT was recognized by Billboard for each of the five years from 2001 through 2006 as the largest US Independent Label with sales during this period surpassing $50 million a year."

Kings of Crunk and Crunk Juice are both 2x platinum, while on TVT.

Nov 7, 2006
yeah it's subjective but..if you compare Tech to a ton of other legends in the game, how can you not include Tech.

comeon, Too Short? He's like the definition of ABC rhymes

hiphop has such contradicting standards

Nov 15, 2007
either way tech is out on tour...

def jam hasnt been a respectable label in years atleast in my eyes...

flavor flav brings in dumbys to watch the show or hes just more comercially known... blame propaganda white america for this shit... at the end of the day, tech been doing this shit without all this; does he need it now or does it matter??? no, tech is the man and atleast we all know it we dont need sap boy and gumby to tell us otherwise... fuck the world with all this shit!

Jul 1, 2007
They're classic to us, but not to the rap world.
And him having the "best flow" is a matter of opinion.

He's not the only independent artist of all time, either.
Not rap, but Offspring's independent album "Smash" sold 11 million copies.

When Lil Jon was on TVT his shit was technically independent.

"TVT was recognized by Billboard for each of the five years from 2001 through 2006 as the largest US Independent Label with sales during this period surpassing $50 million a year."

Kings of Crunk and Crunk Juice are both 2x platinum, while on TVT.
your saying it like its all about how tech is viewed by our opinion, but ya know all those so called Legends are legends based off peoples opinions aswell

iv gone on youtube and seein comments everywhere saying tech is legend blah blah blah and i tend to listen to the people.. They aint saying that for nuthin

plus the homie rocked RTB and got props from all the rap legends of today (well most of them) how does that not make him somewhat of 1?

Nov 7, 2006
a legend in my eyes is someone who cannot be forgotten, 2pac, Eminem, N.W.A etc. granted tech is better than most Legendary rappers he is not yet Legendary and probably wont ever be unfortunately. Kirby has a great point and yeah he's sold 1 million independently but that doesnt mean he's a legend.

Nov 7, 2006
your saying it like its all about how tech is viewed by our opinion, but ya know all those so called Legends are legends based off peoples opinions aswell

iv gone on youtube and seein comments everywhere saying tech is legend blah blah blah and i tend to listen to the people.. They aint saying that for nuthin

plus the homie rocked RTB and got props from all the rap legends of today (well most of them) how does that not make him somewhat of 1?
a true legend in the rap game is usually pointed out by other legends in the rap game. maybe in the underground scene he will be considered as a legend but esham and ICP even got more legend status over him in that catagory at the moment. he is in no way yet a legend

Jul 1, 2007
a true legend in the rap game is usually pointed out by other legends in the rap game. maybe in the underground scene he will be considered as a legend but esham and ICP even got more legend status over him in that catagory at the moment. he is in no way yet a legend
well, in your case let's hope hope that K.O.D. makes him a "legend"

Nov 6, 2005
well, in your case let's hope hope that K.O.D. makes him a "legend"
Ive been doin that every album for 9 years.... Its starting to look dim. I dont care what new circumstances you say, theyre too comfortable in THEY lane to make the sell out moves and decisions to get to the level everyone thinks they should be at. Ive learned to accept where they at, and embrace the way they do things. I think at this point, that LEGENDARY status (In the mainstream light) will happen very un-intentional if it does come.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
I don't think its being pro tech he has a problem with but discrediting others while doing it..
I'm assuming from this post that NZTECHFAN deleted a post saying something about me not being pro-tech or what have you.

I'll have you know, I'm very Pro-Tech. I support the dude. I buy his albums. I'd go to a tour if it ever came around here.

But, as Swanee said, don't discredit other people for what they've accomplished.

Nov 10, 2006
At this moment in our present era, with the investment from those who bought out radio stations nationally, and financial ties to music acts played on those stations, it is not quite the same as the days when "the people" would move someone up the charts based on the best in the pool, as the pool has been controlled, restricted, and designed toward business over musical progression. I am not sure how much one would want to be in this not fully defined "mainstream" when an album can sell 3-4 million copies, and and the artist can be in debt to label still. Would it be worth it to cut your net worth in half to be called legend? There are already many of those legends