Dedicated to yall heads who use the term "Classic" loosely

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 27, 2004
Young Lay-young black and dangerous is a classic worth mentioning.
Ghostface killas Ironman was a certified classic imo.
redman- muddy watters
x-raided- unforgiven vol.1

Apr 8, 2005
celly cel - killa kali
spice 1 - amerikkkas nightmare
the click - game related
c bo - gas chamber

the list goes on, i got my hands on all of these when i was pretty young too, all in a cd case i stole. i was pretty stoked

Apr 8, 2005
we are all making sure we have learned something, and can leave this thread with a new confidence in our ability to name albums that are defined as classic, by not only our standards, but the standards of the thread starter

Sep 29, 2003
a classic to me is an album that most have heard that listen to rap. like everyone damn near has heard both those albums, and when you think of tech or twista you think of those albums. they stand out, maybe not to me musically, but they still stand out. so while i cant bump those albums all the way through, i respect them as classic.

Yea I agree with most of what you said. I think we can break down classic albums into 2 sections. The first being 'personal classics' or albums which are special to you. And the second being 'classics' that are widely agreed to and appreciated by the hip-hop community...? Surprised nobody has mentioned anything MC Eiht or CMW.....

Apr 8, 2005
Yea I agree with most of what you said. I think we can break down classic albums into 2 sections. The first being 'personal classics' or albums which are special to you. And the second being 'classics' that are widely agreed to and appreciated by the hip-hop community...? Surprised nobody has mentioned anything MC Eiht or CMW.....
good call

Aug 7, 2006
we are all making sure we have learned something, and can leave this thread with a new confidence in our ability to name albums that are defined as classic, by not only our standards, but the standards of the thread starter
if you got that idea than you didn't understand my point in this thread. Point is you can't tell me an album is classic as soon as it dropped. like a week of playing it and telling me its a classic. i like breaking down an album which you cannot do within the first week of an album dropping

Aug 7, 2006
Yea I agree with most of what you said. I think we can break down classic albums into 2 sections. The first being 'personal classics' or albums which are special to you. And the second being 'classics' that are widely agreed to and appreciated by the hip-hop community...?
now this towards the direction I am aiming for, i personally think a classic album is more based on replay value

Feb 14, 2004
it's not like it matters anways. it's not like there is a competent person out there to put a "classic" stamp on an album. it's all just opinions! some dude put Jay-Z - Black Album for one of their classics, to me NOPE! that album is crap to my ears, keep it out!

Jan 18, 2006
a CLASSIC IS A ALBUM YOU CAN LISTEN ALL TEH WAY THROUGH AND DONT HAVE TO SKIP A TRACK. A TIMELESS CLASSIC IS SOMETHING THATS HOT FOREVER. Some yall got it confused
with that being said, theres not to many albums in our lifetime that are like that. Anyone that calls Carter 3 a classic has no taste in music. there were only 5 good tracks on that album. Last classic i can even think of is the Jack Artist, i dont recall any mainstream albums being classic in between that release. Get rich or die trying is the only one that comes to mind but dont know if that was released before or after

Feb 16, 2009
Gas one.. I 100 percent agree with you.
These days you have16 year olds Twittering about what is a classic record, but when someone who knows what's up declares an album a classic, then they are called haters or out of touch.

"people dont know shit about fuck anymore. ".. I am going to put that on a shirt! LOL

Apr 25, 2002
it's unbelieveable that anyone would mention wu-tang forever as a classic but not mention 36 chambers. everything wu has put out has been ass compared to 36 chambers with the sole exception being only built for cuban link niggas. Not saying they haven't put out quality releases (tical, ironman, supreme cliental....) but enter the 36 chambers shits on wu-tang forever so hard that fecal matter is smeared all over the cd inserts

/rant :rolleyes:
That GZA Genius - Liquid Swordz is hot, when that drop like 96? that shit is damn near classic. yea im with you though, wu tang forever was not back to back bangers