Dedicated to yall heads who use the term "Classic" loosely

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2006
Peace,
Here is my rant. I think it is most of you young kids who use this term too much but i could be wrong. Strait across you are willing to call an album classic when it hits. Perfect example: The Carter III by Lil Wayne, I am not "hating" or whatever the fuck term you want to use. You cannot call that album classic because it hasn't been out for that long. Tell me in 5 to 7 years if that album is classic with a reason and then I might hear your point for calling it. I personally think heads have it mixed up between "perfect at this time in life" and "perfect whenever you bump it in your life span" strait up

/rant

just had to say this

Feb 14, 2004
now that you got that off of your chest, do u feel better now? lol but yea carter III isn't no classic now and it won't be in the future. i'm already sick of that album. a classic album is something like Metallica - Black album, or Bone Thugs - Eternal E. 1999, that's just my opinion though.

May 7, 2002
I know you didn't ask us to make a list, but I couldn't help but to think of these albums when I read the word "classic".

Westcoast:

Doggystyle- Snoop
Dogg Food- Dogg Pound
G Funk Era- Warren G
All Eyez On Me- Pac
Makevelli - Pac
Season of da Siccness- Lynch
Loaded- Lynch
Excorcist - X-Raided
Settrippin Bloccstyle- Mr. Doctor
In A Major Way- E-40
Untouchable- Mac Mall
Game Related- The Click

Eastcoast:

The Score- The Fugees
It Was Written- Nas
Illmatic - Nas
The True Meaning- Cormega
Wu Tang Forever - Wutang
Reasonable Doubt- Jay-Z

Midwest:

Tech N9ne- Anghellic
Twista- Adrenaline Rush
Bone Thugs- East 1999
Slim Shady LP- Eminem

Dirty South: (Unfortuenetly, I was not exposed to much of Dirty South music as a youngster, so help me out on this one)

Mr. Pookie- The Rippla
Outcast- Ataliens
Scarface- not sure which album?

Most of these albums I've kept in rotation for the past 10 years, and will most likely keep in rotation in the next 10 years also.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i hate the term classic, most over-used word in this forum. that word has got really watered down over the last couple years, can be used to describe anything these days

album has been out for 3 fuckin days and its a classic

that term is reletive though i guess, things i considered classic some others wouldnt. case in point, 5ive1en's list. i disagree with 95% of that list but oh well, its his opinion.

Feb 14, 2004
anghelic - not classic, audreniline rush - not classic. but some southern classics would include scarface - the diary & untouchable

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
just as bad as over-using classic is saying something is "old school." some fag on facebook posted a jim jones song from 2005 and another fag said that it was an "old-school" track. i said "4 years ago is old school?" and dude said "nowadays, yes." what the fuck does that even mean? people dont know shit about fuck anymore.

Feb 14, 2004
i hate the term classic, most over-used word in this forum. that word has got really watered down over the last couple years, can be used to describe anything these days

album has been out for 3 fuckin days and its a classic

that term is reletive though i guess, things i considered classic some others wouldnt. case in point, 5ive1en's list. i disagree with 95% of that list but oh well, its his opinion.
yea exactly. it's all just opinions. but some people take it too far with some of their opinions.

Feb 14, 2004
i can't listen to both of them albums all of the way thru. a classic to me is an album that you can listen to all of the way thru without skippin tracks.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
it's unbelieveable that anyone would mention wu-tang forever as a classic but not mention 36 chambers. everything wu has put out has been ass compared to 36 chambers with the sole exception being only built for cuban link niggas. Not saying they haven't put out quality releases (tical, ironman, supreme cliental....) but enter the 36 chambers shits on wu-tang forever so hard that fecal matter is smeared all over the cd inserts

/rant :rolleyes:

Aug 7, 2006
notable responses.

When it comes to drawing a list, everyone's would be different. For example out of
5ive1en's list

Westcoast:
Doggystyle- Snoop
Dogg Food- Dogg Pound
G Funk Era- Warren G
All Eyez On Me- Pac
Makevelli - Pac
Season of da Siccness- Lynch
In A Major Way- E-40
Game Related- The Click

Eastcoast:
The Score- The Fugees
It Was Written- Nas
Illmatic - Nas
The True Meaning- Cormega
Wu Tang Forever - Wutang
Reasonable Doubt- Jay-Z

Midwest:
Bone Thugs- East 1999
Slim Shady LP- Eminem

Dirty South:
Outkast- ATLiens

I agree with those, but yea i got to hear replay value in 5 years. I can listen to Outkast "ATLiens" no matter what and I am still excited just as I was when I first bought it when it dropped. When it comes to Rick Rock "Deeper than Rap" heads where talkin about how it will be a classic, yet it seems like everyone forgot about it. I also do agree with what Savage is talkin about regarding an album of art.

Aug 7, 2006
it's unbelieveable that anyone would mention wu-tang forever as a classic but not mention 36 chambers. everything wu has put out has been ass compared to 36 chambers with the sole exception being only built for cuban link niggas. Not saying they haven't put out quality releases (tical, ironman, supreme cliental....) but enter the 36 chambers shits on wu-tang forever so hard that fecal matter is smeared all over the cd inserts

/rant :rolleyes:
lol forealz i feel you on that since I am a big Wu tang head.

Wu Tang - Enter the 36 - classic
Wu Tang - Wu Forever - classic (imo also)
Raekwon - OB4CL - classic (reason of hearing, aye son! you got that purple tape haha)

wu notables

Supreme Clientele
Tical
IronMan
Enter the 36: Dirty version

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I'd say its a matter of opinion. If someone thinks the Carter III is classic, then its classic to them. No reason to get sad.