D12's Proof Shot And Killed At Detroit Club

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 10, 2005
Proof, a member of the Eminem-fronted Detroit-based hip-hop sextet D12, was killed early Tuesday morning outside a Detroit nightclub in a shooting that left another man in critical condition.

According to NBC News affiliate WDIV, Proof (whose real name is DeShaun Holton) suffered a gunshot wound to the head at the CCC Club on East Eight Mile Road, near Gratiot Avenue. By the time police arrived, the club had been cleared out, but several witnesses have come forward to discuss the incident with investigators. A spokesperson for the Detroit police would not discuss the shooting, as the 32-year-old rapper's next of kin have not yet been notified of his murder.

Both victims (the other man's name has not been released) were transported to area hospitals; Proof was rushed to St. John Holy Cross Hospital, while the second victim, who is 35 and also sustained a gunshot to the head, was taken to St. John Hospital, where he's listed as being in critical condition. Proof was pronounced dead on arrival.

Proof, Eminem's longtime friend, appeared in the film "8 Mile" as Lil' Tic; he also served as Eminem's best man when the rapper remarried his wife Kim Mathers in January (see "Eminem Remarries Ex-Wife Kim Mathers"). Eminem filed for divorce last week.

Police are searching for the suspected gunman; a description has not been made available. Detectives have asked that anyone with any information on the shooting come forward.

MTV News will have more on this developing story throughout the day.

— Chris Harris

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1528386/04112006/d12.jhtml?headlines=true

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
thats pretty foul....r.i.p.....wasn't he the one depicted as getting shot in the "toy soldiers" video, or was that obie?

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
R.I.P to another rapper just that close to really enjoying the fruits of their labor! With gunshots to the head on both people, it makes you wonder what kind of marksmen were shooting at em? Especially from whatever distance it was that no one saw who did it!

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
^I thought it was....thats really fucked up....I don't think it was any kind of marksman, someone probably just shot them at close range.....and 90% of shootings "nobody sees anything"

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Damn, I thought this shit was gonna be a joke or some bullshit article that wasn't real. RIP. Proof's solo album was pretty tight too, minus the 50 Cent chorus on there...Shit is too bad, he actually had talent unlike most of the other bullshitters.