Crestside Classic (Mixed By R8R)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Whats up everyone. This February L-wood and I will finally have copies of our new East Bay Classics mix in hand. To help spread the word we've packaged a free download of another new mix dedicated to the many artists affiliated with The Country Club Crest in North Vallejo. The Crestside brought a unique sound, speech, delivery & creativity to bay rap that was influenced by life in the triple C but distinctly their own. I had a lot of fun piecing this one together as the music has been a part of my (and probably your) life for decades. From the early recordings of the Mac, Khayree, Mac Dre & Coolio to an expanded roster including artists such as Mac Mall, Dubee, PSD & Young Lay this mix makes it easy to revisit or discover several Crestside Classics. Hope you all enjoy!

Stream here: DJP_Mix - Crestside Classic (Mixed By R8R) | Mixcloud

Download here: Crestside Classic (Mixed By R8R).rar

going to have a few hard copies of this one made for those interested in getting one. It will be split tracked like all the other mixes I have done.

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
Loved it!

Turned out clean. You guys have a chance to listen to it yet? What you think?
I loved it, but the songs need to be tracked out instead of one continuous mix. this way I can skip past some of the songs. That would be my only request. The album was packed with classics though.

I would like a hard copy myself, so get at me.

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I loved it, but the songs need to be tracked out instead of one continuous mix. this way I can skip past some of the songs. That would be my only request. The album was packed with classics though.

I would like a hard copy myself, so get at me.
The hard copy is tracked and available for 10 shipped. Shoot that to the paypal and and I'll have one mailed to you.

Dec 26, 2009
Yea it was dope mix, I have also enjoyed it...it's great that you guys keep this bay music alive releasing these mixes. I would also like to purchase the hard copy how much is it with international shipping ? Also I meant to ask you correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Young Lay from Lofas ?

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Yea it was dope mix, I have also enjoyed it...it's great that you guys keep this bay music alive releasing these mixes. I would also like to purchase the hard copy how much is it with international shipping ? Also I meant to ask you correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Young Lay from Lofas ?
Wanted to say thanks for taking the time to respond on your thoughts of the mix. We try our best to compile good music for all to listen too. As for hard copies, you asking about the Crest mix or the East Bay Classics? Maybe both?

Crestside is $10 US & $15 International shipped.
East Bay Classics $12 US & $18 International shipped.

You are correct about Lay. He is from Lofas but he has such strong ties to the Crest that I had to include him. Same goes for some of the other guys having strong enough ties that they were included.

Last edited: