Cougnut

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
Damn this was a good dude.

I was just finishing editing our dvd magazine and found all the footage that he and I had done when the idea was first formed (none of which will be included in the dvd so dont ask ) and its still shocking to think that the KING of SF rap is gone. Besides the rap shit, Coug was just plain a good person. We would get drunk at his moms house and then go shoot footage - studios, concerts, street shit - classic footage. Of course the best footage was just him clownin. He had big ideas for the Apt.3/Nut website, shit that was impossible but it was funny to hear his ideas. Mail order hoes, hoes gone wild videos etc. He had wanted his own 900 #, something like "1-900-Nut 1, Nut 2". It took hours to get studio shit accomplished cuz wherever Nut went, 30 people stopped him and he stopped to talk to all of them. I was never with him one place that he didnt get 100% love and share the wealth. He had played me his album in its entirety and it was a monster as only the Nut could have made. I hope his album makes it out as he had wished it to come out.

I was just watching all that footage and listening to some shit of Nuts and really wished he had his chance that he truley deserved. Fuck Master P for not putting that Nut track on WCBB 3 and never sending Nuts mom his Gold Plaque for WCBB 1. I hope youre getting your major props in Heaven that you never quite got on Earth. RIP NUT

"Its the Ill-Mannered street cleaner, Bossavelli
Cougar-Rebel 4 life, Frisco Makavelli"

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
man i feel you gabe.... we lost a special person.... it will be truely sad if we the fans dont get to see that album in stores... he deserves to have people hear his final album, he had called over to a studio i used to fucc with one day, and he was bumpin his album over the cell to us, and he was so fuccin happy bout that album... its really to bad he had to go before he got to get the shine he deserved...

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
The man shined everywhere he went. When the public was LUCKY enough to get his solos, they were classics -

Im Rollin - The first Bay song to be played on KMEL EVEN BEFORE TOO SHORT

Skanless - CLASSIC

Jealousy - CLASSIC

Tell Me Somethin Good - CLASSIC

Last Breath - CLASSIC

Public Execution - CLASSIC

Damn its a shame. I hope all the stuff Nut has done gets released someday like his old shit "My Lifes Straight Money", "IMP Niggaz" and "Blueprints". Hes got some classics that are still unheard by many.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
yeah it's really a sad situation that a Bay Area pioneer and legend like Cougnut had to lose his life so early and we will most likely not get to hear his album, or will not get to hear it as he would have liked us to hear it cuz most of the people he worked closely with on a daily basis, even family members, have nothing to do with it now, i'm hearing bad things about what's being done to it now, sad. I just wanna hear it. RIP.

Apr 25, 2002
www.masteredtrax.com
man I am one of the biggest fuckin Couger fans, since I keep hearing his family and close ones arent even really involved with his project does anybody know who is? All his fans should hit whoever up and tell em put it out, Im curious why Cougs fam didnt fight or isnt getting involved with this shit. I know last time I had talked to Coug he had enough tracks for a couple albums so I dont see why this shit aint out yet, it pisses me off cause I think people should get a chance to hear what he was doin before he passed.

Jul 6, 2002
www.soundclick.com
real talk, I remeber slumpin IMP in utah, folks was like??!! I loved it then like right after bumpin IMP when I hadnt listened too in in at least a year, i got the news, on the site, dam,,hope they drop soon!!! rest in peace Coug, and yea fuck P for that I never thought of that.

Apr 25, 2002
Im Rollin - The first Bay song to be played on KMEL EVEN BEFORE TOO SHORT
one of my favorite songs ever

and one of my favorite artists ever...
i swear i wanted to work with him so hard it makes a youngsta almost shed a tear to think it'll never happen...
that man made me realize taht my deep voice was a gift and not something i need to hide and try to disguise...

RIP to the legend!!!
if i ever truly make it, i'll make sure people know about the legend Cougnut

Jun 27, 2002
with all these factors on this board, as well as fans and artists on the rise, there has got to be some way to get that cd release, thorugh negotioation with who ever has it, Cellski has the info,....fuck a BBQ, niggas need to rally together and do something to get Nuts music released....Imm sure nut would want it that way, I dont think the man would just wanted it sittin in some closet somewhere collectin dust.....Man somebody call Suge up and have him get into the mix, that cat will do whatever it takes.....

323-852-5023

Nov 27, 2002
Someone should get ahold of all the Cougnut footage they can an make a dvd of it.i remember in my younger days when Nut would slide through mateo an hang wit sum the Og's out there,redtown too,Nut always came through an showed luv.real talk someone get ahold of everyone u can an get a dvd like that poppin,ill put ends on that so it can be made.and whats happen wit C-fresh wha he doin?

Jun 14, 2002
Colorado Springs, CO
I've been knockin Nut shit continously lately, that dude had some of the rawest spits in the game. It's fucked up that he had to go, I just wish that Skanless 2K would get released, there's not an album out there thats comin out that can compare to how bad I wanna hear S2K.

Apr 25, 2002
cougnut's raps are raw as fuck. but do u got info on this track...

"game tight, couger rebel thuggin dont give a fuck
cuz thats like exorcist dumpin wit that nigga yuk
...how long the thug be livin, how long the thug chain last"

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
"It was a saturday night in the sucka free ready to get my gurp on, with my dog c-fresh, UNLV, Cellski. Lets grab a fifth of hennesy mix it with grand-martier, bicardi, lemon squeeze, now thats my remedy" Cougnut (r.i.p)
:cry:

MB3

Sicc OG
Aug 26, 2002
that dude is legend. Lately I'm listening to them I.M.P. cds a lot and that shit's so tyte. It's fucked up that he's dead but I hope they'll find way to put out that cd. Did C-Fresh release a solo cd yet?

May 5, 2002
Excuse me sir, what is your name? MY NAAAMMMEEEE...... COUGNUT!!!!.....

Too bad he never made it long enough to finally drop a solo album....