computer broken, help?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
My computers been broken for about 2 weeks now, it won't fully boot. When I turn it on a screen pops up and says "ntldr is missing,press ctrl alt del to restart" I pressed ctrl alt del but it jus keeps happening. Does anyone know how to fix this or why this happened? Thanks for any help siccness!

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
Defy said:
^that happened to my potna.........he just bought a new hard drive
Fasho, I don't really know shit about computers so what does a hard drive do and how much would it cost for a new one

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
Nah I'm sure there's no floppy, and yah I just seen the computer thread at the top but its kinda hard for me to look thru those pages since I'm only using my sidekick haha

Jan 28, 2005
It's missing a critical file in your OS. Do you have a recovery disk? If you do then you can perform a recovery. If you don't, then you will need a new Windows disk, whatever version you have.

Mar 20, 2007
crazy707 said:
It's missing a critical file in your OS. Do you have a recovery disk? If you do then you can perform a recovery. If you don't, then you will need a new Windows disk, whatever version you have.
Yes, you should have gotten a Reboot Disk, or a Windows Operating System Installation Disk....
Something that says "Windows XP Install" on it something..

If you don't have Windows XP or better, you need to step your game up...

Jan 28, 2005
You can dl XP online from a torrent site. You just have to have a burning program that will allow you to create bootable disks. Something like Nero.

Mar 20, 2007
crazy707 said:
You can dl XP online from a torrent site. You just have to have a burning program that will allow you to create bootable disks. Something like Nero.
Yeah, but you need to put some shit in the registry, so your bootleg Windows Operating System can get some updates. Like Internet Explorer 7 and shit like that...

Feb 5, 2006
MY DESKTOP IS FUCKED UP. SHIT WONT EVEN LOAD WINDOWS, IT WOULD SHOW THE WHITE BAR AND SAY WINDOWS IS LOADING BUT THEN IT FREEZES. I CANT EVEN HIT F8 OR F12 TO GET TO THE OPERATING MENU. PLUS THE DISC DRIVE DONT WORK SO IT WOULDNT EVEN BE ABLE TO READ MY REFORMATTING DISC WHICH I LOST. HAHA GOTTA CHALK THAT ONE UP AS A LOSS

Jan 28, 2005
707REPRESENTA said:
MY DESKTOP IS FUCKED UP. SHIT WONT EVEN LOAD WINDOWS, IT WOULD SHOW THE WHITE BAR AND SAY WINDOWS IS LOADING BUT THEN IT FREEZES. I CANT EVEN HIT F8 OR F12 TO GET TO THE OPERATING MENU. PLUS THE DISC DRIVE DONT WORK SO IT WOULDNT EVEN BE ABLE TO READ MY REFORMATTING DISC WHICH I LOST. HAHA GOTTA CHALK THAT ONE UP AS A LOSS
What happened to your cd drive? You could do some janky stuff and pull the HD out and put it in a comp where the cd drive works, or you could just buy a new hd. They aren't that much, go to newegg.com.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
First thing I want to ask is, This error has also been known to occur when a memory stick is in a card reader and the computer is attempting to boot from it. If you have any type of card reader or flash reader make sure that no memory stick is inside the computer.

Windows XP users

Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

Now that this is the "simple" fix I will give you reality. 9 times out of 10 no one has this damn disk lol. Also when it comes time to enter the admin password most people dont know it let alone even remember they set one lol. Well I hope you can figure it out. Good luck.

Mar 15, 2006
xraidedloc831 said:
First thing I want to ask is, This error has also been known to occur when a memory stick is in a card reader and the computer is attempting to boot from it. If you have any type of card reader or flash reader make sure that no memory stick is inside the computer.

Windows XP users

Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

Now that this is the "simple" fix I will give you reality. 9 times out of 10 no one has this damn disk lol. Also when it comes time to enter the admin password most people dont know it let alone even remember they set one lol. Well I hope you can figure it out. Good luck.
The admin password can be "deleted" by removing the CMOS battery on your motherboard that looks like a big watch battery. Leave it out for 2-3 days and it'll clear. Put it back in and you're set...if you have the windows cd. You'll have to reset the time/date and password, but that's no big deal.

Feb 5, 2006
AIIGHT MY DESKTOP SHOWS THE LOAD BAR OPENING WINDOWS AND IT GOES TO THE VERY END BUT THEN DOES NUTHIN. DOES IT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE HARDDRIVE? I HAVE A OLD COMPAQ COMPUTER IN THE STORAGE, CAN I JUST GET THE TOWER OFF THAT, TAKE THE HARDDRIVE OUT MY DELL DESKTOP AND PUT IN IN THE COMPAQ AND GET THAT RUNNING? IM TRYNA GET MY MEMORY OUT THE DESKTOP

Jan 28, 2005
If it won't even boot up then you might be screwed. You can try the repair windows repair disk. Or you could slave the dell hd and hopefully get all of you info that you need. You would have to crack open the case and follow the wire that's connected to you hd(in the compaq). There should be two sets of connectors, one that's already plugged into you hd and an extra set. Take the dell hd and plug it into the other set(There will be two, one big and one small). Make sure that you set the jumper on the dell to reflect slave(there should be a diagram on the hd to show you which setting is slave). When the PC comes up you should see the dell hd under my computer.

Mar 15, 2006
707REPRESENTA said:
AIIGHT MY DESKTOP SHOWS THE LOAD BAR OPENING WINDOWS AND IT GOES TO THE VERY END BUT THEN DOES NUTHIN. DOES IT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE HARDDRIVE? I HAVE A OLD COMPAQ COMPUTER IN THE STORAGE, CAN I JUST GET THE TOWER OFF THAT, TAKE THE HARDDRIVE OUT MY DELL DESKTOP AND PUT IN IN THE COMPAQ AND GET THAT RUNNING? IM TRYNA GET MY MEMORY OUT THE DESKTOP
You should be able to, but all the drivers on your current harddrive wont power the video card and everything else in that compaq, you would probably need the compaq backup disk. Probably easier to find a friend with a windows cd. If your cd drive don't work, borrow that too. It's easy to take out and put back in. There's just a power cable and ribbon cable (the wide flat cable) to remove from the back. It's impossible to hook them up wrong.