"COMING SOON!!!" = BULLSHIT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
I know alot of cats have stuff in the works yet posting a thread about "Coming Soon!! (yet we have nothing material to post right now)" is kinda lame....BART is slowly but surely becoming the "back of The Source magazine" with all the hype. Post the goods or don't post at all. Just my 2 cents

ThornCity503

Rest In Peace
May 19, 2008
^^^Got a point. So that Pie-RX mixtape belongs on the back of the source?? Cant wait to hear the response to that. C-4, wasn't Dirt Hustlin or whatever suppose too drop five like years ago??????

May 16, 2002
I honestly believe it's a curse to put "coming soon" on any project. I learned that a long time ago. I also see a whole lot of artist come in & get major props by simply stating they're about to start working together and drop an album. Yet, them projects themselves never see light of day as well.

I try my best to make sure to let it be known it's an idea if I'm asked about a project, or state how much of it is done, but still make it clear that it may not come out due to not being completed.

Everything else, I set a date, or add "coming soon," but that project is in fact done by the time I do that.

Dec 8, 2006
www.myspace.com
I know alot of cats have stuff in the works yet posting a thread about "Coming Soon!! (yet we have nothing material to post right now)" is kinda lame....BART is slowly but surely becoming the "back of The Source magazine" with all the hype. Post the goods or don't post at all. Just my 2 cents
POST THA GOODS OR IT AINT GUUD!

Dj mark 7 if you makin any new mixes feel free to use any of are tracks
i'll send you tha mp3s

Feb 14, 2004
Coming soon......on a beezies face

Oh I spelt cum wrong, didn't I?

Well correct spelling in that sentence is coming soon, believe dat! :cheeky:

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
ARENT U A MODERATOR??
I think u should start moderatin some of this shit. half of these ppl dont even know how 2 get a barcode 2 sell product if they had it. AINT NOTHIN 2 IT BUT 2 DO IT!! I definitely feel it would seperate the PROFESSIONAL and UNPROFESSIONAL. imo

Dec 28, 2009
i have all of my realeases ready to go before i set a release date and advertise it. in 2005 i made the mistake of setting a release date and release party before my project was done and i had to really rush to make that happen plus pay a lil more for rush shipping on cds posters and flyers. not cool. but sometimes people bout ta drop something on a certain date and then they might get a business opportunity that requires them to push the release date back and thats respectable. maybe if some of these artists would be a little more professional they would have more opportunity.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
The Kaboo mixtape is in my sig...There's not a thread about it every fuckin week. The shit is done and as far as I know it's been pressed.

I had nothing to do with C-4's CD...That's for him to answer.

All I'm saying is that the forum is lacking actual DISCUSSION and is just one huge free advertisement. Tay, I'm a moderator but if I even touched one of those threads I'd be called a "hater"....So I stay out of em (unless it's out of control spamming).

The "back of The Source" reference was just because of the CONSTANT advertisement on here. If you believe in what you're doing, pay The Siccness to advertise legitimately. The problem is most cats will spend $500 on a cover and want free beats so I doubt they'll be running cash in hand to pay for actual advertisement lol.

Dec 25, 2003
Some of ya (Gemini in most particular) should be music industry prefessors at their local colleges & universities to show these youngsters who think theyre serious about takin their careers in music how its reely done cuz the majority of these dudes just still dont understand how theyre supposed to run their shit......