CLOVERFIELD Official Movie Trailer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
*****spoiler alert******

it looks like an alien bug, but it came from the water. walks on all fours sumtimes 2 legs.. really good close up at the very end. and decent full body shots through out.. bomb that bitch and it seems indestructible.has lil buggs the size of a car tire that the incounter a few times like twice.... the government finds the tape of the night and it seems like no one survived in Manhattan... i dug the movie and would watch it again...funny cuz the dude 2 seats away was literally on the edge of his seat all movie... only 1 hour and 20 minutes though.. shit i paid 6 bux to see it...

May 16, 2002
<- Ignoring all the posts in the "Cloverfield" threads today.

Thirty more minutes and off to Salinas we go to watch us some "Cloverfield".

Got the burban fueled up and packed to capacity with Homies.

May 16, 2002
****SEMI SPOILER****

the ending though???

i missed something at the very end. when it shows the video of them at coney island. if anybody catches it, let me know.

Just got back from watching it myself.

It came from outter space. In the last scene when they show Coney Island and show a shot of the ocean with the oil tanker. You see something fall out of the sky and splash into the water.

My opinion, it reminds me too much of "The Blair Witch Project", but a good movie none the less.

Feb 12, 2004
Saw it. Shit was tight.

****SEMI SPOILER****

It came from outter space. In the last scene when they show Coney Island and show a shot of the ocean with the oil tanker. You see something fall out of the sky and splash into the water.

My opinion, it reminds me too much of "The Blair Witch Project", but a good movie none the less.
Someones response to that on another forum:

Basically what is falling out of the sky in that flashback clip, is not MGP(the monster), but rather a Tagruato Sattellite. Read the Hatsui report to find out about it. Basically it says that their sattellite fell out of the sky and into the atlantic about two to three weeks before Cloverfield takes place. So that pretty much places rob and beth in the right place at the right time in the flashback. Good theory though, but JJ specifically said MGP is from the ocean, and he is thousands of thousands of years old, and he is just now waking up, and is like a new born baby to this world above the sea, just discovering things for the very first time.

May 9, 2002
****SEMI SPOILER****

Its not from space...its from the ocean.

There WILL be a part 2.....believe that. This may become a franchise...

May 16, 2002
Someones response to that on another forum:

Basically what is falling out of the sky in that flashback clip, is not MGP(the monster), but rather a Tagruato Sattellite. Read the Hatsui report to find out about it. Basically it says that their sattellite fell out of the sky and into the atlantic about two to three weeks before Cloverfield takes place. So that pretty much places rob and beth in the right place at the right time in the flashback. Good theory though, but JJ specifically said MGP is from the ocean, and he is thousands of thousands of years old, and he is just now waking up, and is like a new born baby to this world above the sea, just discovering things for the very first time.

Its not from space...its from the ocean.

There WILL be a part 2.....believe that. This may become a franchise...

There are so many loop holes in this movie it's pathetic...they'll strech out every dollar they can out of this one. Talking about if we noticed little things in the film that actually ment this and that yada yada yada.

They will release (I'm sure), pre DVD's that contain extra things to help understand the movie better which will only guide you back to the theater to re-watch it yada yada yada...

This will keep going on until it comes out on DVD only to be re-released six months after the original release date (after everybody bought their copy), with a "2 Disc Deluxe Lost Tapes Edition" that has even more info (ahem, BULLSHIT) about the movie.

Take it for what it is, it was a cool movie..."The Blair Witch Project" meets "Godzilla" IMO and leave it at that.

Far as part 2? Yeah, but I bet it'll go straight to DVD.

Reading up on all the sights only proves that JJ has got everybody where he wants us...hence: He'll make a killing with DVD sales as well.