Cleveland...Best Fans in the NFL!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
EDJ said:
CLEVELAND DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A TEAM FOR HOW MANY YEARS? I BELIEVE DENVER HAS THE BEST FANS. THE WAY THEY CALCULATE IT IS BULLSHIT.
What does not having a team have to with anything? That isn't the fans fault.

And why is the way they calculate it bullshit?

Deadpool said:
Doesn't someone have to die for you to be able to get season Packers tickets? Isn't it always sold out every game every year there? Isn't it the coldest place they play during the winter?

So how are those cheese heads not the number 1 fans?
Click on the links and find out.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
but the ones who stay loyal even if their team is losing
Dont know what that's like

40% of the score is based on the difficulties fans face (this is called the Cleveland Brown bias, which does not give a fair chance to teams which are able to avoid difficulties through proper management).

All I know is that Steelers fans have killed Browns fans on multiple occasions :)

And Vamps is the furthest from a bandwagon fan I can think of. Me and him have been choppin it up about the Steelers since Tommy Maddox was throwing interceptions.

As for the history lesson...thanks for the walk down memory lane. Not our memories. Or our parents memories. Maybe our grandparents memories...during the 40s and 50s...when baseball was the national sport. But if you have to stretch back 3 generations to make an argument about the Browns and Steelers...neato!

Weren't the Browns that team that had to wear paper bags over their heads to go to games because they were so ashamed? #1 in fan support my ass...

May 2, 2002
Stealth said:
40% of the score is based on the difficulties fans face (this is called the Cleveland Brown bias, which does not give a fair chance to teams which are able to avoid difficulties through proper management).
It could be other things such as bad weather as well...read man...read.

All I know is that Steelers fans have killed Browns fans on multiple occasions :)
That's great...something to be proud of.:rolleyes:

And Vamps is the furthest from a bandwagon fan I can think of. Me and him have been choppin it up about the Steelers since Tommy Maddox was throwing interceptions.
Wow...all the way back to Tommy Maddox? Well...say no more. Sorry Vamps...I didn't know.

As for the history lesson...thanks for the walk down memory lane. Not our memories. Or our parents memories. Maybe our grandparents memories...during the 40s and 50s...when baseball was the national sport. But if you have to stretch back 3 generations to make an argument about the Browns and Steelers...neato!
Doesn't matter if it's 1000 years ago...do you remember anything about the 4 championships in the 70's?

No...but you'll be quick to shout out the fact that you have 5 superbowl rings. 4 of which you weren't even alive to see.

Weren't the Browns that team that had to wear paper bags over their heads to go to games because they were so ashamed? #1 in fan support my ass
Many teams fans have worn paper bags...but at least they show up.

Steelers fans obviously don't alway show up...don't be mad at me for it.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
gIMPY PIMP,

YOU STRESSED, "What does not having a team have to with anything?"

YAW LOST YAW TEAM. TALK ABOUT FAN POWER. THAT SHIT WOULD NEVA FLY IN DENVER. PLUS THE YEARS YAW DIDN'T HAVE A TEAM, MEANS 0% FAN SUPPORT CAUSE THERE AIN'T NO TEAM. PLUS THE LEgACY TECHNICALLY WENT TO THE RAVENS. THAT'S THE REAL BROWNS. THIS NEW BOOTY SHIT IS SOME SCRAPPED UP NEW EXPANSION TEAM. KEEP IT REAL.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "That isn't the fans fault."

IN A WAY IT IS. THEY JUST LET THE SHIT RIDE. THE WHOLE CITY OF CLEVELAND SHOULD OF WENT IN AN UPROAR IF IT WAS REALLY THAT SERIOUS. THEN AgAIN, NOT WINNIN' SHIT WILL NOT MOTIVATE THE FANS TO STAND UP FOR THEY TEAM AND PRESSURE OWNERSHIP TO KEEP THE TEAM. THAT'S WHAT #1 FANS WOULD'VE DID.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "And why is the way they calculate it bullshit?

LET'S SEE:

#1) CAUSE YOU HAVE TO HAVE MORE OF A LOSIN' SEASON TO FAN ATTENDANCE RATIO TO BE CONSIDERED LOYAL

#X) DENVER'S ATTENDANCE IS ALWAYS HIgHER THAN CLEVELANDS DESPITE THE MARKET BEIN' SMALLER

#3) AND THE YEARS CALCULATED ARE OFF CAUSE CLEVELAND DIDN'T EVEN HAD A TEAM FROM 96-99. IF THEY WANTED TO CALCULATE, THEY'D DO AN ATTENDANCE FROM WHENEVA THE FRANCHISE STARTED TO THE PRESENT, AND AVERAgE THAT OUT AND THEN COMPARE THOSE NUMBERS.

THAT'S WHY IT'S BULLSHIT. EVEN STEALTH MENTIONED THAT CLEVELAND BIAS.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Well - to get the facts straight...the weather in Cleveland can't differ much from Pittsburgh, we've had our fair share of problems. Not too proud about killing Browns fans, just tryin to lighten up the situation. Tommy Maddox comment has to do with how long I've known Vamps, not how long he's been a fan. Never saw the 4 superbowls, but it is a long standing part of our community, where you hear your folks talkin about Mean Joe Greene, the Immaculate Reception, and all that good shit. Even the Superbowl where the field got flooded and we had to play somewhere else (there's that bad weather for ya). But no, I wasn't there for it, although I was there for the one last year. As for you saying "Steelers fans obviously dont always show up"...tell me why we've had sellouts for as long as I can remember, why I got offered $2000 for two tickets to a meaningless regular season game, why Steelers tickets are more valuable than diamonds, or why there's an 18 year waiting list?

May 2, 2002
YAW LOST YAW TEAM. TALK ABOUT FAN POWER. THAT SHIT WOULD NEVA FLY IN DENVER. PLUS THE YEARS YAW DIDN'T HAVE A TEAM, MEANS 0% FAN SUPPORT CAUSE THERE AIN'T NO TEAM. PLUS THE LEgACY TECHNICALLY WENT TO THE RAVENS. THAT'S THE REAL BROWNS. THIS NEW BOOTY SHIT IS SOME SCRAPPED UP NEW EXPANSION TEAM. KEEP IT REAL.
You obviously have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

The fans had absolutely no say in the decision. It's up to the owner...and the league. It was money motivated...and Baltimore gave Modell a shitload.

And the team we have now is the "real browns". How can you say the legacy went to Baltimore? A city that didn't even have a team suddenly has the legacy of an old team? That doesn't even make sense.

The Ravens are the Ravens and the Browns are the Browns. 99-2000 was expansion...you can't call them an expansion team now.

IN A WAY IT IS. THEY JUST LET THE SHIT RIDE. THE WHOLE CITY OF CLEVELAND SHOULD OF WENT IN AN UPROAR IF IT WAS REALLY THAT SERIOUS. THEN AgAIN, NOT WINNIN' SHIT WILL NOT MOTIVATE THE FANS TO STAND UP FOR THEY TEAM AND PRESSURE OWNERSHIP TO KEEP THE TEAM. THAT'S WHAT #1 FANS WOULD'VE DID.
Do you even pay attention to anything outside of Denver? Seriously...the shit you say sometimes is dumb. Again...it's obvious you have NO IDEA what the fuck you are talking about.

The city rioted...the fans tore down the old stadium...and they sued the city of Cleveland to keep the team. It didn't work...why...cause the city is corrupt. You don't trust the government...you should believe that.

What we did win was a new (expansion team)...and we got to keep the colors, name and history that WOULD HAVE went to Baltimore had we not done anything.

Fans can only do so much.

#1) CAUSE YOU HAVE TO HAVE MORE OF A LOSIN' SEASON TO FAN ATTENDANCE RATIO TO BE CONSIDERED LOYAL
Not completely no...it's just one factor. And it makes sense.....

#X) DENVER'S ATTENDANCE IS ALWAYS HIgHER THAN CLEVELANDS DESPITE THE MARKET BEIN' SMALLER
You have a bigger stadium, so you're always going to have more people. But look at the % of people that actually go to the game.

#3) AND THE YEARS CALCULATED ARE OFF CAUSE CLEVELAND DIDN'T EVEN HAD A TEAM FROM 96-99. IF THEY WANTED TO CALCULATE, THEY'D DO AN ATTENDANCE FROM WHENEVA THE FRANCHISE STARTED TO THE PRESENT, AND AVERAgE THAT OUT AND THEN COMPARE THOSE NUMBERS.
I agree...but this is how they did it.

"Period: The study covers the 10 seasons from 1996 through 2005. Twenty-eight of the NFL’s 32 teams played in the same market throughout the 10-year period. The exceptions are Tennessee (which began play in 1997), Cleveland (1999), Houston (2002) and New Orleans (which spent the 2005 season on the road in the wake of Hurricane Katrina). Statistics for the first three teams cover all seasons that they played during the decade. Attendance figures for New Orleans are limited to 1996-2004."

THAT'S WHY IT'S BULLSHIT. EVEN STEALTH MENTIONED THAT CLEVELAND BIAS.
It's not Cleveland biased. It's just a study that these guys did. Like I said...don't be mad at me cause you guys don't show up to the games.

May 2, 2002
Stealth said:
Well - to get the facts straight...the weather in Cleveland can't differ much from Pittsburgh
I agree. It's just one factor.

Tommy Maddox comment has to do with how long I've known Vamps, not how long he's been a fan.
I know...just trying to defend your fellow Steelers fan...that's cool.

Never saw the 4 superbowls, but it is a long standing part of our community, where you hear your folks talkin about Mean Joe Greene, the Immaculate Reception, and all that good shit. Even the Superbowl where the field got flooded and we had to play somewhere else
Right...cause up until last year...those were your glory days. Well...the championship years for the Browns were in the 50's and 60's. So that's what Browns fans hold onto. Just like Niners fans hold onto the 80's and the Cowboys fans are gonna hold onto the 90's.

But no, I wasn't there for it, although I was there for the one last year.
And I wasn't there for ours...luckily...you got one. Hopefully I'll get one too.

As for you saying "Steelers fans obviously dont always show up"...tell me why we've had sellouts for as long as I can remember, why I got offered $2000 for two tickets to a meaningless regular season game, why Steelers tickets are more valuable than diamonds, or why there's an 18 year waiting list?
Selling out is different than showing up.

May 9, 2002
Vamps said:
You and your simple-minded logic. I am not a fan of Pittsburgh. I am a fan of the Steelers. They are a team comprised of football players from ALL OVER THE NATION. Most of the Steelers are not from Pittsburgh or even Pennsylvania. It's not a team OF people from Pittsburgh, it's a team located IN Pittsburgh. Together they form a team under an organization which has a philosophy and method of doing things that enables them to be successful year after year. That is what I have been a fan of for the last 11 years..

You cant be serious...

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
gIMPY PIMP,
DON'T SHOW UP TO THE gAMES? THERE HASN'T BEEN A YEAR THERE AIN'T A SELL-OUT CROWD. BUT YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THAT.

YOU STRESSED, "You obviously have NO IDEA what you are talking about."

BULLSHIT. I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "The fans had absolutely no say in the decision. It's up to the owner...and the league. It was money motivated...and Baltimore gave Modell a shitload."

NO SHIT. BUT IF YAW WANTED YAW ORIgINAL TEAM, THE PEOPLE OF CLEVELAND COULD OF BOUgHT THE TEAM SOMEHOW.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "And the team we have now is the "real browns"."

NO IT AIN'T. IT'S AN EXPANSION TEAM THAT RETAINED THE SAME NAME AND THE RIgHTS AND RECORDS AND SO FORTH.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "How can you say the legacy went to Baltimore?"

CAUSE "TECHNICALLY" THAT WAS THE CLEVELAND BROWNS. THAT WAS THE SAME TEAM YAW WATCHED FOR YEARS JUST gO TO ANOTHA CITY AND SWITH UP THEY NAME AND ALL.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "A city that didn't even have a team suddenly has the legacy of an old team?"

CORRECTION, THEY USED TO HAVE THE COLTS. NOW THEY HAVE THE OLD BROWNS ORgANIZATION UNDER A NEW NAME.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "That doesn't even make sense."

CAUSE YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT IT IN A FACTUAL AND REALISTIC WAY. IF YO DADDY gETS A SEX CHANgE AND CUTS OFF HIS DIK, HE STILL YOUR DADDY.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "The Ravens are the Ravens and the Browns are the Browns."

CORRECTION. THE RAVENS ARE THE ORIgINAL BROWNS, AND THE BROWNS ARE THE NEW EXPANSION TEAM FROM 99'.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "99-2000 was expansion...you can't call them an expansion team now."

THEY STILL NEW THOUgH. AIN'T YOU gLAD FOR THAT? "LET'S JUST LET EVERYBODY FORgET WE LOST OUR ORIgINAL FRANCHISE AND ACT LIKE NOTHIN' EVER HAPPENED". TIME IS ON YOUR SIDE, AIN'T IT?

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Do you even pay attention to anything outside of Denver?"

YEAH, UNFORTUNATELY. I AIN'T EVEN BAK HOME RIgHT NOW.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Seriously...the shit you say sometimes is dumb. Again...it's obvious you have NO IDEA what the fuck you are talking about."

THE ONLY THANg OBVIOUS IS THAT YOU NEED TO UP YOUR gAME WHEN IT COMES TO INSULTS AND TRYIN' TO BELITTLE THE NEXT MAN. IF I DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT'S gOIN' ON OUTSIDE OF DENVER OR WHAT I SPEAK OF IS FULL OF FALLACIES, I WOULDN'T KNOW THE RAVENS ARE THE ORIgINAL BROWNS TEAM THAT MOVED TO BALTIMORE.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "The city rioted...the fans tore down the old stadium...and they sued the city of Cleveland to keep the team. It didn't work...why...cause the city is corrupt. You don't trust the government...you should believe that."

I KNOW THE CITY OF CLEVELAND gOT SUED AND THAT'S HOW THE BROWNS LOgO AND LEgACY WAS KEPT IN CLEVELAND. BUT TEARIN' UP THE OLD STADIUM AND AND RIOTIN' IS NOT gONNA CHANgE THE OWNER'S MIND, ON A BUSINESS LEVEL. IF N-E-THANg, THE CITY SHOULD OF gOT SOME KIND OF LOAN OR SOMETHIN' TO PURCHASE THE TEAM ITSELF THEN SOLD IT TO TO A NEW OWNER DOWN THE LINE. AL I'M SAYIN', DESPITE THE CORRUPTION, SOMETHIN' COULD OF BEEN DONE TO RETAIN THE ORIgINAL TEAM.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "What we did win was a new (expansion team)...and we got to keep the colors, name and history that WOULD HAVE went to Baltimore had we not done anything."

EXACTLY. ATLEAST YOU gOT SOMETHIN' RIgHT? BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME. IT'S LIKE gETTIN' A NEW BITCH TRYIN' TO CALL HER YOUR OLD BITCH. IT'S NOT THE SAME.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Fans can only do so much."

TRUE. BUT I BELIEVE ALL OPTIONS WEREN'T EXHAUSTED.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Not completely no...it's just one factor. And it makes sense....."

SO IF MY TEAM HAD WINNIN' SEASONS THRU-OUT THE TEN YEARS THEY DID THEM STATS, IT FACTORS IN AS WE WEREN'T AS LOYAL OR BETTER FANS? I BELIEVE THAT'S BULLSHIT. IT'S LIKE WE BEIN' PUNISHED FOR DOIN' gOOD.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "You have a bigger stadium, so you're always going to have more people. But look at the % of people that actually go to the game."

THE STADIUM IS ALWAYS FULL. THE OLD MILE HI STADIUM ALWAYS SOLD OUT AND THE NEW ONE NEVA FAILS. WE HAVE ENOUgH FAN SUPPORT TO FILL IN THE EXTRA SPACE.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "I agree...but this is how they did it"

WHICH IS BULLSHIT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "It's not Cleveland biased. It's just a study that these guys did. Like I said...don't be mad at me cause you guys don't show up to the games."

THAT'S THE THANg, WE DO. WE HAVE FANS ALL AROUND THE REgION TOO. SO HOW DO YOU FIgURE OUR ATTENDANCE IS LOW OR THAT NOT THAT MUCH PEOPLE SHOW UP TO THE gAMES? WE WAS STILL SELLIN' OUT AFTER THE BLOWOUTS IN THE SUPERBOWLS(AFTER DEFEATIN' THE ORIgINAL BROWNS IN THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS) AND NOT WINNIN' NO SUPERBOWL IN THE LATE 80'S/EARLY 90'S. NOW THAT WE'VE ONE BAK TO BAK SUPERBOWLS, YOU THINK PEOPLE AIN'T SHOWIN' UP TO gAMES? WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS MISINFORMATION? THE FLUCTUATION?

May 2, 2002
DON'T SHOW UP TO THE gAMES? THERE HASN'T BEEN A YEAR THERE AIN'T A SELL-OUT CROWD. BUT YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THAT.
Again...selling out is different than showing up.

BULLSHIT. I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT.
No...you obviously don't.

NO SHIT. BUT IF YAW WANTED YAW ORIgINAL TEAM, THE PEOPLE OF CLEVELAND COULD OF BOUgHT THE TEAM SOMEHOW.
This proves my point that you have no idea what you are talking about.

NO IT AIN'T. IT'S AN EXPANSION TEAM THAT RETAINED THE SAME NAME AND THE RIgHTS AND RECORDS AND SO FORTH.

Right...the Browns. There is no team called the "Old Browns". There is the Ravens...and the Browns. No old browns...no new browns...just the Ravens and the Browns.

CAUSE "TECHNICALLY" THAT WAS THE CLEVELAND BROWNS. THAT WAS THE SAME TEAM YAW WATCHED FOR YEARS JUST gO TO ANOTHA CITY AND SWITH UP THEY NAME AND ALL.
There is no technically. A team that didn't have a city can't suddenly have a legacy...I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

CORRECTION, THEY USED TO HAVE THE COLTS. NOW THEY HAVE THE OLD BROWNS ORgANIZATION UNDER A NEW NAME.
There is nothing to correct...the Baltimore Colts left a long time ago. When the Browns went to Baltimore, they had no team AT THAT TIME.

CAUSE YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT IT IN A FACTUAL AND REALISTIC WAY. IF YO DADDY gETS A SEX CHANgE AND CUTS OFF HIS DIK, HE STILL YOUR DADDY.
I understand what you are saying...I don't look at it like that though.

CORRECTION. THE RAVENS ARE THE ORIgINAL BROWNS, AND THE BROWNS ARE THE NEW EXPANSION TEAM FROM 99'.
NO GOD DAMN IT! If someone is a Ravens fan and someone asks them what their favorite team is...they don't say the original Browns...they say the Ravens.

And if someone asks a Browns fan what their favorite team is...they don't say a new expansion team from '99...they say the Browns.

THEY STILL NEW THOUgH. AIN'T YOU gLAD FOR THAT? "LET'S JUST LET EVERYBODY FORgET WE LOST OUR ORIgINAL FRANCHISE AND ACT LIKE NOTHIN' EVER HAPPENED". TIME IS ON YOUR SIDE, AIN'T IT?
They are not that new...it's been 7 years. And nobody is acting like nothing ever happened...anyone who knows anything about football knows what happened.

THE ONLY THANg OBVIOUS IS THAT YOU NEED TO UP YOUR gAME WHEN IT COMES TO INSULTS AND TRYIN' TO BELITTLE THE NEXT MAN. IF I DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT'S gOIN' ON OUTSIDE OF DENVER OR WHAT I SPEAK OF IS FULL OF FALLACIES, I WOULDN'T KNOW THE RAVENS ARE THE ORIgINAL BROWNS TEAM THAT MOVED TO BALTIMORE.
I'm not trying to insult or belittle you. But you act as if the fans just sat by and did nothing...as if the team didn't mean anything to them.

I KNOW THE CITY OF CLEVELAND gOT SUED AND THAT'S HOW THE BROWNS LOgO AND LEgACY WAS KEPT IN CLEVELAND. BUT TEARIN' UP THE OLD STADIUM AND AND RIOTIN' IS NOT gONNA CHANgE THE OWNER'S MIND, ON A BUSINESS LEVEL. IF N-E-THANg, THE CITY SHOULD OF gOT SOME KIND OF LOAN OR SOMETHIN' TO PURCHASE THE TEAM ITSELF THEN SOLD IT TO TO A NEW OWNER DOWN THE LINE. AL I'M SAYIN', DESPITE THE CORRUPTION, SOMETHIN' COULD OF BEEN DONE TO RETAIN THE ORIgINAL TEAM.
The rioting and tearing up of the stadium was an expression of anger...that's separate from trying to keep the team.

As for the rest of what you said...it doesn't work that way. The Browns were owned by an individual owner. He has the right to sell the team to whoever he wants to. There is NOTHING the fans could do.

All you can do is sue and see what happens.

EXACTLY. ATLEAST YOU gOT SOMETHIN' RIgHT? BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME. IT'S LIKE gETTIN' A NEW BITCH TRYIN' TO CALL HER YOUR OLD BITCH. IT'S NOT THE SAME.
I agree...it's not the same. But the Browns are the Browns...there is no such thing as the new or old Browns.

TRUE. BUT I BELIEVE ALL OPTIONS WEREN'T EXHAUSTED.
Doesn't matter what you believe.

SO IF MY TEAM HAD WINNIN' SEASONS THRU-OUT THE TEN YEARS THEY DID THEM STATS, IT FACTORS IN AS WE WEREN'T AS LOYAL OR BETTER FANS? I BELIEVE THAT'S BULLSHIT. IT'S LIKE WE BEIN' PUNISHED FOR DOIN' gOOD.
Yes...it's a factor. But it's not my study.

THE STADIUM IS ALWAYS FULL. THE OLD MILE HI STADIUM ALWAYS SOLD OUT AND THE NEW ONE NEVA FAILS. WE HAVE ENOUgH FAN SUPPORT TO FILL IN THE EXTRA SPACE.
Selling out is different than showing up. Every single person that bought a ticket didn't show up to the game.

THAT'S THE THANg, WE DO. WE HAVE FANS ALL AROUND THE REgION TOO. SO HOW DO YOU FIgURE OUR ATTENDANCE IS LOW OR THAT NOT THAT MUCH PEOPLE SHOW UP TO THE gAMES? WE WAS STILL SELLIN' OUT AFTER THE BLOWOUTS IN THE SUPERBOWLS(AFTER DEFEATIN' THE ORIgINAL BROWNS IN THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS) AND NOT WINNIN' NO SUPERBOWL IN THE LATE 80'S/EARLY 90'S. NOW THAT WE'VE ONE BAK TO BAK SUPERBOWLS, YOU THINK PEOPLE AIN'T SHOWIN' UP TO gAMES? WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS MISINFORMATION? THE FLUCTUATION?[/QUOTE]

Check the stats...YOU DON'T SHOW UP TO THE GAME. Selling out is different than showing up.

It's not misinformation...it's a FACT! You can sell 80,000 tickets...doesn't mean all 80,000 are gonna show up to the game.

Maybe a relative died...maybe they didn't feel like driving in the snow that day...I don't know.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
gIMPYPIMP,
YOU STRESSED, "Again...selling out is different than showing up."

O.K BUT I'M TELLIN' YOU IS THAT THERE'S ALWAYS SELLOUT CROWDS. THE STADIUM IS ALWAYS FULL. HOW DO YOU DETERMINE WHO SHOWED UP?

THEN YOU STRESSED, "This proves my point that you have no idea what you are talking about."

HOW'S THAT? THE CITY COULD'VE gOT A LOAN AND BOUgHT THE TEAM. HOW DID CLEVELAND gET A NEW TEAM THEN?

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Right...the Browns. There is no team called the "Old Browns". There is the Ravens...and the Browns. No old browns...no new browns...just the Ravens and the Browns."

YEAH, LABELS AND NAMES ARE JUST THAT. BUT IN ACTUALITY, WHAT IS IT?

THEN YOU STRESSED, "There is no technically. A team that didn't have a city can't suddenly have a legacy...I don't see what's so hard to understand about that."

YES THERE IS. THE LEgACY STAYS WITH THE BROWNS NAME AND THE CITY OF ORIgIN. BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT THE TEAM THAT LEFT WAS THE ORIgINAL TEAM WITH THAT LEgACY. YOU PERCEIVIN' IT BY THE LABELS. I'M LOOKIN' AT IT AS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "There is nothing to correct...the Baltimore Colts left a long time ago. When the Browns went to Baltimore, they had no team AT THAT TIME."

YOU DIDN'T SAY THAT. YOU SAID THEY MOVED TO A CITY THAT "NEVA" HAD A TEAM. I'M JUST CORRECTIN' YOU CAUSE THAT CITY DID HAVE A TEAM "AT ONE TIME".

THEN YOU STRESSED, "I understand what you are saying...I don't look at it like that though."

gLAD TO SEE THAT YOU ADMITTIN' THAT YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT IT FROM A FACTUAL AND REALISTIC WAY. WHY? CAN'T FAKE THE FUNK.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "NO GOD DAMN IT! If someone is a Ravens fan and someone asks them what their favorite team is...they don't say the original Browns...they say the Ravens.

And if someone asks a Browns fan what their favorite team is...they don't say a new expansion team from '99...they say the Browns."

I KNOW WHAT THEY SAY. BUT THAT'S NOT REALITY. THAT'S ACTUALITY. THOSE TEAMS HAVE THOSE NAMES NOW AND THEIR CURRENT FANS CALL THEM BY THOSE. BUT WE ALL KNOW WHAT'S REALLY REAL. CLEVELAND COULDN'T KEEP THEY ORIgINAL TEAM AND FOR THAT THEY SHOULDN'T BE CONSIDERED #1 FANS.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "They are not that new...it's been 7 years. And nobody is acting like nothing ever happened...anyone who knows anything about football knows what happened. "

YUP. DAMN 99 WAS JUST YESTERDAY.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "I'm not trying to insult or belittle you. But you act as if the fans just sat by and did nothing...as if the team didn't mean anything to them."

SO THAT'S WHY YOU ATTEMPTIN' TO BELITTLE ME? BUT THE TEAM DIDN'T MEAN ENOUgH FOR THEM TO RETAIN IT. IN THIS BUSINESS, IT JUST SPELL IT OUT THAT IT AIN'T AIN'T EVEN ABOUT LOYALTY.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "The rioting and tearing up of the stadium was an expression of anger...that's separate from trying to keep the team."

HOLD UP, YOU SAID THAT IN RESPONSE TO CLEVELAND DOIN' SOMETHIN' TO RETAIN THE TEAM, NOT AFTER THE FACT. WHICH IS IT?

THEN YOU STRESSED, "As for the rest of what you said...it doesn't work that way. The Browns were owned by an individual owner. He has the right to sell the team to whoever he wants to. There is NOTHING the fans could do."

YOU EVA HEARD OF AN AUCTION? WHAT WERE ART MODELL'S CONDITIONS IN KEEPIN' THE BROWNS IN CLEVELAND? WHAT WAS HIS ASKIN' PRICE?

THEN YOU STRESSED, "All you can do is sue and see what happens."

IT HAPPENED.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "I agree...it's not the same. But the Browns are the Browns...there is no such thing as the new or old Browns."

O.K. KEEP SAYIN' THAT TO YOURSELF IF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY. IT JUST SEEMS FAKE TO ME TO CONSIDER IT THE SAME TEAM, CAUSE WE ALL KNOW IT AIN'T.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Doesn't matter what you believe."

TO ME IT DO.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Yes...it's a factor. But it's not my study."

AND THAT'S WHY I SAY THE MUTHA-FUKA IS SOME BULLSHIT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Selling out is different than showing up. Every single person that bought a ticket didn't show up to the game."

WHICH gAME? I gUARANTEE YOU OUR TURN OUT IS MORE THAN OTHA TEAMS. BUT IF YOU gOIN' BY STATS AND THIS BULLSHIT STUDY, YOU gONNA THINK DENVER DOESN'T HAVE ALL THEY FANS SHOWIN' UP. PEOPLE IN COLORADO AND DENVER PERIOD KNOWN TO SUPPORT THE HOME TEAM. LOOK AT THE ROCCIES ATTENDANCE RECORDS. WE BROKE THAT SHIT WHEN WE gOT THE TEAM IN 93'. IT gOES TO SHOW HOW WE IS ABOUT OUR SPORTS.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Check the stats...YOU DON'T SHOW UP TO THE GAME. Selling out is different than showing up.

It's not misinformation...it's a FACT! You can sell 80,000 tickets...doesn't mean all 80,000 are gonna show up to the game.

Maybe a relative died...maybe they didn't feel like driving in the snow that day...I don't know."

THE STATS DON'T SHOW WHO WAS OUTSIDE THE STADIUM OR WHO gOT IN ILLEgALLY OR HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE THERE IN ACTUALITY. SO HOW CAN YOU BE SO SURE?

Mar 16, 2005
Gimpy, I'm with EDJ on this one. All games are always sold out AND jam packed. I should know I have season tickets and go to all the games. They are always packed.

May 2, 2002
O.K BUT I'M TELLIN' YOU IS THAT THERE'S ALWAYS SELLOUT CROWDS. THE STADIUM IS ALWAYS FULL. HOW DO YOU DETERMINE WHO SHOWED UP?
And AGAIN...I'm telling you that selling out is different than SHOWING UP TO THE GAME. The stadium may be full...but obiously every single seat doesn't have someone sitting in it.

They keep track of who shows up to the game...every stadium does this.

HOW'S THAT? THE CITY COULD'VE gOT A LOAN AND BOUgHT THE TEAM. HOW DID CLEVELAND gET A NEW TEAM THEN?
People were willing to buy the team...that wasn't the problem. The problem was that Modell was a fuckin' asshole and decided to move the team.

There is NOTHING the fans could do. Fans can only go and support the team...they don't have a say on the business side of things.

They got a new team by working out a deal with Modell and the league. We couldn't stop him from moving the team, so they gave us the rights to an expansion team.

YEAH, LABELS AND NAMES ARE JUST THAT. BUT IN ACTUALITY, WHAT IS IT?

In actuality...it's what you call the team. I REALLY don't see what is so hard to understand about that.

What do you call yourself? You call yourself EDJ...you don't call yourself a man who lives in Denver.

YES THERE IS. THE LEgACY STAYS WITH THE BROWNS NAME AND THE CITY OF ORIgIN. BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT THE TEAM THAT LEFT WAS THE ORIgINAL TEAM WITH THAT LEgACY. YOU PERCEIVIN' IT BY THE LABELS. I'M LOOKIN' AT IT AS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED.
It's the SAME CITY...with the SAME NAME...SAME COLORS...SAME EVERYTHING...why should there be no more legacy?

The only difference is the players...but players change every year.

And of course I'm looking at the label cause that what you call them. Is Portis still a Bronco? NO...he's a Redskin now...but by your logic he still a Bronco cause he used to play for Denver.

YOU DIDN'T SAY THAT. YOU SAID THEY MOVED TO A CITY THAT "NEVA" HAD A TEAM. I'M JUST CORRECTIN' YOU CAUSE THAT CITY DID HAVE A TEAM "AT ONE TIME".
I know what I said...I was being more specific this time. I DID NOT say "NEVA" had a team. I said a city that "didn't even have a team" (which they didn't). So I'm adding AT THAT TIME.

You know what I meant...stop nit-pickin' my shit.

gLAD TO SEE THAT YOU ADMITTIN' THAT YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT IT FROM A FACTUAL AND REALISTIC WAY. WHY? CAN'T FAKE THE FUNK.

I am looking at it in a factual and realistic way. YOU are the one who is not. When you see the Browns and Ravens on TV...it doesn't say "Expansion team from '99", or "Old Browns".

Yes...we all know what happened...but to still call them that is just stupid.

I KNOW WHAT THEY SAY. BUT THAT'S NOT REALITY. THAT'S ACTUALITY. THOSE TEAMS HAVE THOSE NAMES NOW AND THEIR CURRENT FANS CALL THEM BY THOSE. BUT WE ALL KNOW WHAT'S REALLY REAL. CLEVELAND COULDN'T KEEP THEY ORIgINAL TEAM AND FOR THAT THEY SHOULDN'T BE CONSIDERED #1 FANS.

That is reality...what in the hell are you talking about?

Again...what do you call Clinton Portis? He's a Washington Redskin. He's not a Denver Bronco anymore.

But by your lame logic...fans should be calling him an old Denver Bronco instead of a Redskin.

The CITY couldn't keep the team...you can't blame that on the FANS. Fans show up to the games and buy shit to support their team...that's all they can do.

SO THAT'S WHY YOU ATTEMPTIN' TO BELITTLE ME? BUT THE TEAM DIDN'T MEAN ENOUgH FOR THEM TO RETAIN IT. IN THIS BUSINESS, IT JUST SPELL IT OUT THAT IT AIN'T AIN'T EVEN ABOUT LOYALTY.

I'm not attempting to belittle you...that's not my intention anyway. But you DON'T know what you are talking about.

You know that the Browns moved...and you're blaming it on the fans...when that is not the case.

So you are speaking on something you don't know about...and it's dumb. I would say the same thing to my best friend...don't take it personal.

HOLD UP, YOU SAID THAT IN RESPONSE TO CLEVELAND DOIN' SOMETHIN' TO RETAIN THE TEAM, NOT AFTER THE FACT. WHICH IS IT?
I mentioned the rioting and tearing up of the stadium in response to you saying the fans should have been in an uproar.

Let me also add the Modell has not been back to Cleveland for fear of his life. He couldn't even attend one of his best friends' funeral cause he was so scared.

And he's basically been blocked from the Hall of Fame for moving the team...even though he's long been considered a lock.

YOU EVA HEARD OF AN AUCTION? WHAT WERE ART MODELL'S CONDITIONS IN KEEPIN' THE BROWNS IN CLEVELAND? WHAT WAS HIS ASKIN' PRICE?

Yes...I've heard of an auction. I don't see how that relates to this though.

The story is WAY too long...but basically Modell wanted the CITY to make improvements to the old Municipal Stadium...even though HE OWNED IT.

The Indians played there, rock concerts were held there, he made money off the suites...they all paid to use the stadium. But yet...he had no money to renovate the stadium?

So the Indians left...along with a lot of the suites business...and he had nothing left.

Basically...he was a dumb-ass business man who made himself bankrupt and wanted the city to bail him out. His relationship with the city went bad...and he moved the team.

Baltimore was giving him a brand new stadium and $50 million in his pocket as a thank you gift.

He got to keep the team...and make a profit.

IT HAPPENED.
Yes...and he should die.

O.K. KEEP SAYIN' THAT TO YOURSELF IF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY. IT JUST SEEMS FAKE TO ME TO CONSIDER IT THE SAME TEAM, CAUSE WE ALL KNOW IT AIN'T.
It's not a matter of making me happy...it is what it is. It is the same team...only difference is the players.

But players change every year...what's the difference?

TO ME IT DO.
Obviously.

AND THAT'S WHY I SAY THE MUTHA-FUKA IS SOME BULLSHIT.
But it's not. This isn't the first time Cleveland has been shown to be the No. 1 fans in the NFL.

Also...don't forget average income is a factor in this as well. The average income in Denver is higher than in Cleveland.

WHICH gAME? I gUARANTEE YOU OUR TURN OUT IS MORE THAN OTHA TEAMS. BUT IF YOU gOIN' BY STATS AND THIS BULLSHIT STUDY, YOU gONNA THINK DENVER DOESN'T HAVE ALL THEY FANS SHOWIN' UP. PEOPLE IN COLORADO AND DENVER PERIOD KNOWN TO SUPPORT THE HOME TEAM. LOOK AT THE ROCCIES ATTENDANCE RECORDS. WE BROKE THAT SHIT WHEN WE gOT THE TEAM IN 93'. IT gOES TO SHOW HOW WE IS ABOUT OUR SPORTS.

Which game? Check out your Denver Broncos official site. Go here.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=367&searchString=attendance&searchType=

You still want to guarantee shit? As you can see...not every seat was filled. And if that doesn't answer your question, then write the people who did the study.

THE STATS DON'T SHOW WHO WAS OUTSIDE THE STADIUM OR WHO gOT IN ILLEgALLY OR HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE THERE IN ACTUALITY. SO HOW CAN YOU BE SO SURE?[/QUOTE]

OUTSIDE is not INSIDE the stadium. The players can't see or hear you from outside.

The stadium keeps track of how many people show up...as shown in that link I provided. They obviously feel it's official enough to post on the site.

May 2, 2002
thascary1 said:
Gimpy, I'm with EDJ on this one. All games are always sold out AND jam packed. I should know I have season tickets and go to all the games. They are always packed.
Alot of teams sell out every game. But not all show up.

The stadium could be packed...but you always have a few seats where nobody is sitting.

I doubt ANY team has 100% of the people show up to every single game all year.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Chiefs fans are the best..

and everyone in AMERICA that watches football knows that..

why you think teams hate to come here?

aint cause 1 little small section in the WHOLE stadium (BLACK HOLE)..

Its cause its a fucking College atmosphere when you come here...WE DONT PLAY!

May 9, 2002
gimpypimp said:
I doubt ANY team has 100% of the people show up to every single game all year.
Doubt its ever happened period...having every single person who bought a ticket and actualy GO to the game...has to be unlikely EVERY time a professional sport is played...

Someone has a doctor's appoinment...has to pick up someone at the airport...or has some other kind of emergency...

Mar 16, 2005
JLMACN said:
Chiefs fans are the best..

and everyone in AMERICA that watches football knows that..

why you think teams hate to come here?

aint cause 1 little small section in the WHOLE stadium (BLACK HOLE)..

Its cause its a fucking College atmosphere when you come here...WE DONT PLAY!

Win a game in January
edit
PLAY a game in January