Cinavia is a faggot

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
All the next generation players, and updates for existing players will have it.

Cinavia works via the detection of a watermark recorded into the analog audio of media such as theatrical films and Blu-ray discs. The watermark is able to survive recording through microphones (such as recording a film in a movie theater with a camcorder), as well as compression and encoding, yet still be imperceptible to human hearing. Verance claims that the presence of the watermark does not affect audio quality.[2]

When media with the watermark is played back on a system with Cinavia detection, its firmware will detect the watermark and check that the device on which it is being played is authorized for that watermark. If the device is not authorized (such as not being an authorized movie projector in the case of a cam bootleg, or not utilizing AACS in the case of a copy of a commercial Blu-ray disc or CSS in the case of a copy of a commercial DVD), a message is displayed (either immediately or after a set duration) stating that the media is not authorized for playback on the device and that users should visit the Cinavia web page for more information. Depending on the device and firmware, once the message is triggered, the audio may be muted, or playback may stop entirely.[3]

I think this will cause me to buy a "Wd Tv Live" as of now there is no work arounds.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
supposedly its a frequency that triggers the "bootleg" alert ... I'm guessing the work around may be to reprocess the audio, that cuts out the frequency that triggers it?

Being PS3 is hard to jailbreak now days, I hope they come up with something on the computer (PC) level that can automatically reprocess. I'm sure there a developer in the world right now getting close to cracking it.

#Pirate4life

Dec 4, 2006
I fucking hate Cinavia though, try finding yourself an old DVD player that doesn't detect it..

yeah the PS3 has that Cinavia shit imbedded in the system...

most Cinavia movies I watch them through my PC, since I have a 22 inch HD monitor..

Feb 14, 2006
For now its mostly Sony Pictures and Warner Bros that have the protection on their discs/ theater audio. Lots of people who dont pirate are upset about it because now they cant create backups on their hard drives.

Theres a few theater cam releases that have the protection too. Its in the movies audio. I remember Fast Five stopped working 10 seconds in.

For now if i run into Cinavia problems i just stick the movie onto my USB stick and plug it into my tv set. So far i dont think TVs are capable of detecting it (with flash drive/USB). Not even Sony TVs.
It was installed in the ps3 updates. Sonys a bunch of faggots for this one.

I dont think there are simple workarounds yet. Some say use MKV2VOB but i havent tried that yet and heard it doesnt work.

Theres a program called dvdFab BluRay Ripper that claims to rip the protection but last i checked i couldnt find a d/l for it lol.
I use this site to keep up on the discs infected with this BS, and the players that dont have the protection.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=41885

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
^ The thing is, its regulated for all players to have it now...

Sony could have been less faggot, and let the existing consoles be the same, and have all new ones in production have it. They snuck in the update.

I been reading on it a bit, and the work around is not easy. Everything is hackable, but this one may take time.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
It's like we don't own anything anymore... Console that are modded are banned, Dvd's preventing from backup, trying to kill used games. This trend is just going to get worse.

I read some where they are playing with the idea if Cinavia is activated, or activated a certain # of times you will be banned from PSN - faggots

Feb 14, 2006
I guess its time to invest in a player soon that doesnt have the encryption. And never update it.

I had heard about them trying to make it a requirement in all blu ray dvd's "within a years time", i just didnt think it would work out lol.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
The only work arounds I can think of is either playing the movie directly from your PC, to your TV via HDMI or going about the painstaking task of watching the whole movie on your PC, while simultaneously recording it with video capturing software. Then you could burn that version off to disc. I guess you could do both at the same time. It'd be like going into a theater and setting up your camera with not having to worry about anyone catching you. lol I don't know if the ciniavia would transfer over from your PC sound input, to the file though.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
The only work arounds I can think of is either playing the movie directly from your PC, to your TV via HDMI or going about the painstaking task of watching the whole movie on your PC, while simultaneously recording it with video capturing software. Then you could burn that version off to disc. I guess you could do both at the same time. It'd be like going into a theater and setting up your camera with not having to worry about anyone catching you. lol I don't know if the ciniavia would transfer over from your PC sound input, to the file though.
Its hard coded in the audio, anyway you capture. Bootleg camcorder film would trigger cinevia.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
You can still stream the movies from your pc to your tv though. I know it's kind of a hastle, but at least you can watch them.

Only a small list of movies has this btw, and it's mainly Sony that does it.