Christpher Dorner

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
14m
John Miller ‏@johnmillercbs

A law enforcement source says a body believed to be that of ex-LAPD officer Chris Dorner has been recovered in the burned, Big Bear cabin

might be all over...unless that cop source is lying about seeing the body of dorner
they have definitely had time to check the burned cabin by now

if so RIP dorner you will never be forgotten, even though you were a killer, you stood for something great...

fox news is now reporting a single shot was heard before the fire broke out, he may have taken his life when the fire started cuz he knew shit was about to get trill

pretty hard to survive from a cabin set on fire that theres a manhunt outside of and every possible officer in the area in the perimiter with highway 38 blocked and every car being searched by two cops and k9s doing run arounds on the cars stopped. only way to get out of that shit would be if dorner wasnt even in the cabin and they were running a smoke screen which dont look to be the issue

i was team dorner tho. ima do a 'dorner style' drawing within the next day or two, im starting it tonight. if anyone wants to buy it in rememberence, first come first serve. you know my talent steez

Last edited:

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
Fugitive ex-LAPD cop's body recovered from burned cabin

Play CBS News Video

Updated 9:45 PM ET
CBS News has learned from a law enforcement source that a body recovered from a burned cabin in Big Bear, California, is believed to be Christopher Dorner, the former LAPD officer who was suspected of killing three people, and was the subject of an intense manhunt.
The cabin in which Dorner was believed to be holed up in San Bernardino County, east of L.A, is in flames, CBS Station KCAL Los Angeles had reported. It followed after an earlier shootout Tuesday afternoon between the suspect and authorities that left one deputy killed and another wounded.
A law enforcement official, who wished to remain anonymous because the investigation is ongoing, had told The Associated Press that the person believed to be the suspect never came out of the burning cabin.
Play Video
Ex-cop holed up in cabin near sheriff's command center

CBS News correspondent Carter Evans, reported that tear gas was fired into the house, which was surrounded by authorities, before the fire broke out.

Dorner attracted a dragnet and a $1 million bounty on his head after three murders. Officials say he was targeting cops and their families in a rampage of revenge for his firing.

Play Video
Police close in on wanted ex-cop

As KCAL reported, Dorner reportedly broke into a couple's home and tied them up -- possibly days ago -- before stealing their vehicle and fleeing the scene Tuesday afternoon. He was spotted by authorities around 1:30 p.m. and repeated gunshots were exchanged on Glass Road.
One of those gun battles was recorded by Evans, who was at the scene. A transcript of that audio as Evans reported follows:
"I hear some screaming. You heard all that gunfire. I see a team of sheriffs deputies in full-on fatigues running towards us right now. We are down on the ground behind the fields of our car right now with the doors open. I'm talking to you on speakerphone. We are right, right in the center of the action here. We are right where this is happening."
Aerial view of from the scene where reportedly fugitive suspect Christopher Dorner was engaged in a gun battle with authorities in Big Bear, Feb. 12, 2013.
/ CBS/KCAL/KCBS
Evans later told "CBS Evening News" anchor Scott Pelley that the SWAT team had the cabin surrounded where Dorner is located at the moment and has been moving into position for the last hour or so. "We haven't heard a volley of gunfire like you heard there in the last hour or so," said Evans. "What we have heard are police officers firing tear gas into that building. They've also been laying down suppressive fire to keep Dorner from firing back at them while they've been moving officers into position."

28 Photos
Manhunt for suspected LAPD cop killer

Evans also reported that there are two police helicopters circling overhead, keeping an eye on things from the sky. On the ground, things seemed to have calmed down a bit as authorities seem to have moved into place.
Play Video
Reporter records gunfight in Dorner capture effort

As for whether there was anybody else with Dorner inside the cabin or if there are hostages, Evans said that is nothing at the moment to indicate that. "We have heard reports that may at one point have been someone inside that cabin with him but I've not been able to confirm that with the authorities. at least authorities standing around me right now think Christopher Dorner is the only one in that cabin."
According to KCAL, reporters in the vicinity were asked by the San Bernardino District Attorney's Office to abstain from tweeting about the developing situation.
Police say Dorner's rampage began a week and a half ago when a couple was murdered in Irvine, California. One of the victims was the daughter of a retired police captain who had defended Dorner in a disciplinary hearing that led to his firing by the LAPD police spotted Dorner early last Thursday but he escaped after allegedly shooting two Los Angeles cops.
He's also accused of ambushing two riverside policemen, killing one of them.
Investigators found Dorner's truck in the mountains northeast of L.A.
CBS News senior correspondent John Miller, who once headed up the major crimes division of the L.A.P.D. reported that there was some kind of confrontation Tuesday that involved a truck that, based on video, was kind of almost rammed into a snow bank and buried in the snow. that confrontation then spilled over with de deputies.
Map showing Glass Road in Big Bear region of California
/ Google/Stamen
"It appears that Dorner may have been in that house for some time," said Miller. "Ironically, strangely or surprisingly, that house is located almost just across the street from the police command post where they've been running the search operation for a number of days, and not far from where his burned-out pickup truck was found."
Play Video
Tear gas fired where Christopher Dorner believed to be holed up

According to Miller, the weapon Dorner is using is a sniper rifle -- a 50 caliber Barrett, an extraordinarily high-powered rifle, the kind used by the military. The SWAT resources on the scene from San Bernardino County have the house surrounded. Other armored vehicles and SWAT personnel are on the way from the city to assist if San Bernardino needs them.
Dorner was fired from the LAPD five years ago, when a department board determined that he falsely claimed another officer had kicked a suspect.
Asked about recent decision to reopen the case into Dorner's past with the LAPD, CBS News senior correspondent John Miller, former head of the Major Crimes Division of the LAPD, had earlier said on "CBS This Morning" the police may be testing Dorner.
"Dorner's manifesto says, 'I need to get my reputation back, and I didn't lie, and I shouldn't have been fired. But if I get justice, the killing stops,'" Miller said Tuesday. "I think if the department takes a step of, 'We'll take a second look at the case, if he is a man of his word, then the killing has to stop.' "