choosing a bank

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 26, 2003
man im tryinna open me a bank account but i dont know shit about em...anybody have any suggestions or somethin like which one is better than another and how? and whats the difference between a regular bank and a credit union??

Dec 9, 2005
There is no choice, this is where you need to be:

Nah...but they have the least amount of fees at WAMU from my experiences...

Haven't really looked into credit unions tho...

Feb 28, 2005
go to a credit union...no fees for anything...if you overdraft, you pay back what you spent and thats it...when i was at wells fargo i overdrafted and i had to pay the money back, a $22 dollar over draft fee and then $5 a day for 3 days...

Jun 13, 2002
Oakland,Ca
YEAH DONT FUCK WITH WELLS FARGO I FUCKIN GOT CHARGED FOR CALLING ONE OF THERE BANKERS AND ASKING THEM A QUEISTION 2.00 THEN IF YOU OVERDRAFT THEY FUCKIN HIT YOU UP WITH HELLA FEE'S N SHIT STRAIGHT SHYSTERS LOL.

Jun 13, 2002
Oakland,Ca
^^^^I WENT TO WASHINGTON MUTUAL BEFORE I WENT TO WELLS FARGO AND MADE A ACCOUNT THEY WAS WAS HELLA TRYING NOT TO MAKE ME A COSTUMER BASICALLY THEY TOLD ME TO GO SOME WERE ELSE THEY WAS HELLA DISCRIMATIVE TO ME. THATS MY EXPERIENCE AT LEAST.

Jan 26, 2003
yea ive been hearin a lotta good shit about washington mutual...i just gotta get another form of ID...and find another one of their offices that doesnt have a fag help u open your account cuz fuck that...wells fargo has fucked me over with them over draft fees before, thats why my shits fucked up right now...but right on everyone for the feedback

Apr 25, 2002
i work at wells fargo....i admit the o/d fees are excessive, but really though, whos fault is it got overdrafting their account...its not like wells fargo takes money from you for no reason.......what you get with wells fargo is convenience, i guarantee their more wells than any othe rplace, you go outta town, you will always have a wells......just dont fuck your account up

Feb 28, 2005
greedygreg209 said:
i work at wells fargo....i admit the o/d fees are excessive, but really though, whos fault is it got overdrafting their account...its not like wells fargo takes money from you for no reason.......what you get with wells fargo is convenience, i guarantee their more wells than any othe rplace, you go outta town, you will always have a wells......just dont fuck your account up

thats true, its your own fault if you fuck up but the fees are ridiculous

Dec 9, 2005
All 4 the Bay said:
DO all banks require 2 forms of picture i.d.? or would a DL and a S.S. card be fine to open an account?

Nope...you need 2, tried it...and you can't use a student id...you have to go to the dmv and get an ID...shit sucks..

Oh..unless you got a passport...or an old bank card w/ a pic.