Chargers Naanee hemmed up

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
Chargers' Naanee arrested in Indy
By Kevin Acee

Monday, February 14, 2011 at 4:27 p.m.

K.C. Alfred

Chargers Legedu Naanee catches a 3rd quarter touchdown on Monday, Sept. 13, 2010.
Chargers wide receiver Legedu Naanee was arrested in Indianapolis early Saturday and charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest, a run-in that likely sealed his fate with the team that drafted him in 2007.

According to police, Naanee came across an active crime scene at about 3:20 a.m. and was told he would have to turn around or go in another direction. Naanee, who according to police had a “strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on or about his breath or person,” asked the officer why he was being “such an (expletive).”

The police officer said after several attempts to get Naanee to leave the scene failed, he told Naanee he was under arrest. Naanee “actively began to pull away” and the officer used pepper spray but Naanee continued to resist.

Eventually he was handcuffed and as he was being walked to the police car, Naanee said, according to police, “Do you know who I am? I am an NFL player and I’m going to sue your ass.”

Two men, one of whom the police believed to be Naanee’s agent, approached and asked the police to release Naanee. “One gentleman told me I was going to ruin his career,” the officer said.

In response to a query, the Chargers issued their standard statement:

“We’re disappointed to hear about the issue involving Legedu. We’ll monitor the situation and let the legal process run its course.”

It would, however, be surprising to see Naanee back with the Chargers.

A reliable receiver when healthy, Naanee has been affected at times by various injuries. He has 63 receptions for 746 yards and three touchdowns.

Naanee is expected to be a free agent once the NFL's labor issues are settled.

Naanee's agent, Buddy Baker, did not respond to a phone message.

Dec 17, 2004
more importantly:

asked the officer why he was being “such an (expletive).”
what was the expletive?!

bitch nigga?
cock sniffer?
fuck fag?

since charger players are cursed with the law, i call nate kaeding will be next to get arrested...beating his girlfriend at the wild animal park

or darren sproles for robbing a taco shop

Aug 9, 2006
yeah hes pretty good i wouldnt mind the titans look at him for a nice big target on the outside, kenny britt and him on the outside and Nate Wash. working the slot would be the nicest titans WR core ive ever seen...better then spending a draft pick on 1

May 6, 2009
I figured Nannee would be the odd man out anyway. I'd rather have Malcolm Floyd and we already have VJ franchised, and Crayton for one more year. We can use Tutu as our #4. He is gonna be a good pickup for whatever team grabs him though.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
I love how pro athletes and celebrities think they are above the law (no pun intended).
I love how people like you can take a police officer's word over a pro athlete or celebrity....without ever hearing their side of the story.

But hey, don't let me stop you. Cops never lie, especially when being videotaped, asked "why is this person being arrested?" or otherwise being "interfered" with by a 3rd party onlooker.

/rant

May 2, 2002
I love how people like you can take a police officer's word over a pro athlete or celebrity....without ever hearing their side of the story.

/rant

According to police, Naanee came across an active crime scene at about 3:20 a.m. and was told he would have to turn around or go in another direction. Naanee, who according to police had a “strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on or about his breath or person,” asked the officer why he was being “such an (expletive).”

The police officer said after several attempts to get Naanee to leave the scene failed, he told Naanee he was under arrest. Naanee “actively began to pull away” and the officer used pepper spray but Naanee continued to resist.
Yeah, cause public intoxication and resisting arrest only apply to us common folk, not celebrities or big name athletes:rolleyes:. GET OFF HIS DICK! I don't give a fuck if he's in a higher tax bracket than me. The laws still apply to him. He came upon a crime scene and was told to go in the opposite direction. Anyone with half a brain and who wasn't under the influence would've complied, unless they wanted to be a dick.

Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
thats true but i never thought about what if his homies were involved in some funk there at the crime scene and he was tryin to see what up? the report really doesnt clairfy,just a "crime scene".....he still shoulda bounced if that was the case but understandable if that was the situation