can my job fire me???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 10, 2006
Yes, Yes, Yes. That's a big no no to put your hands on an employee.

However, think of it like this; police officers beat the living shit out of people all the time, and ideally they are supposed to be the most accountable for such actions but a lot of times it don't work out like that, ya dig.

Nobody will do it for you if you want to take this further. Unless you are versed enough to represent yourself, and you are not, you absolutely will need an attorney willing to FIGHT FOR YOU.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
As white devil said..it was hearsay which does not hold up in court, as far as him talk9in on your family...Secondly you have not defended your position on whether or not you completed your work or not..Im assuming you did not and in that case they have the right to fire you. If you were threatening in any manner a person has a right to defend themselves, a judge would throw this out really quick...move on you have no chance of winning a law suit and believe me I have friends who have won law suits over the past few years from work.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
your gonna get fired straight up, get written up then get involved in a confrontation with an employee in the same day. might as well get another job before they can you

Apr 26, 2002
Kansas
yup....might as well be the bigger man and quit.

1. you didn't complete your job you are paid to do

2. you didn't sign the paper

3. you confront your boss over some he said she said bullshit

4. it turned physical

as far as I can tell you fucked yourself...

Nov 24, 2003
LOL at all the diiferent answers

You are straight man. Be proactive and go to your supervisor's supervisor and say something like "this guy put his hands on me during an arguement and that is NOT OK, something needs to happen"

Basically, turn this shit around on your supervisor so he is the one in the hot seat.

May 11, 2002
Are you a employee at will? If so they can fire you for whatever reason they want except that it cant be base on race, religion, sex, etc. I would have just signed the paper.

May 11, 2002
That's what they want you to do, and yes they may put you in a position to bore the shit outta you...ride it out and take whatever they dish out.

At this point in time it's no longer about how good your job is, is it worth it or what not...it's the principal of the matter. Most people turn the other cheek and bow down due to these scare tactics...I SAY FUCK EM'!

We are in a day in age where huge faulty corperations have been brought down to they're knees.

No matter how big, or small the company is: Stick to your guns and put up a fight. Don't tuck your tail between your legs and walk away!
Huge faulty corporations have been brought down to their knees? I disagree. They have more money and power than most people imagine.

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
i got a good idea,

how about you look for another job, just to keep it safe..

then go up to your boss, and tell him that you been talking to your lawyer,
and your lawyer says you have a good case,
(im not talking about your actual lawyer you pay 300 dollars an hour, im talking about the lawyer, your sister married, the one thats doing you a favor)

maybe you dont even have a sister, but your boss doesnt need to know that,

all he needs to know is your gonna sue his ass for everything he's got

anyways.

find dirt on your boss, try to see if he's been sued before.
and try finding the conditions of the place

can he afford another lawsuit?

are you gonna be so called big mature person and say, "no i know better"

or are you gonna gonna sue hiss ass and bring him to his knees

its nothing personal, its just money

seriously, you are being mature by not beating the shit out of him right at the spot,

who the fuck talks about your family then puts his hands on you like you are a little 7 year old girl thats about to get molested or something?

plus its not like you are gonna stay there any longer. he's gonna fire you, plus you wont even be comfortable if you keep the job

find another job, and see if you could get some quick
"out of court settlement" money

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
DDF getting his instigate on! lmao
instigate?

LMAO,

look, just tell him you are going to sue him

and at least youll get an apology and respect from there on,

plus youll get to teach him a lesson

if you dont sue him, hell probably put his hands on a woman next time

dude will probably go to prison, why? all cause you didnt teach him a lesson while earning yourself some good money

in other words,

this is your opportunity to help someone while earning some good cash!

im exagerating of course

if he's sometype of crazy miniac, just let it go...

you dont want him to start... well you know what crazy people do nowadays

but like i said, its just money, dont stress to much

May 3, 2005
haha @ some of the post...
my supervisor's boss just called n said if I wanna work, then come in.. I'll see wat happens wen I go in today...... But untill then

Let's go lakers!!

Jul 8, 2003
As being a member of management, I can tell you that they can fire you for ANYTHING homie. All they have to do is jus say "we don't need him anymore"...."the position isn't needed".....or any other bullshit excuse they can come up with, even though in reality it may come as a direct result of the situation you explained. Employers do this all the time to cover their butts from lawsuits, etc.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
last time I got fired from a job I was initially written up for not changing lights in the office after being told the night time janitors were gonna do it.

couple weeks later I was fired for not properly punching in my time card because they were trying to fuck me out of 12 hours of OT.

I worked for super rich people who were pretty out of touch with the daily operations of the company since they wern't there that often. Part of my job was to be consistantly out of the office doing shit for the company, occasionally my duties would supercede a normal work day making it in inconvience to clock out for me and the company since i'd punch out past my work hours just to bounce afterwards. Needless to say I was pretty pissed they did me like that. I started to piss people off there somehow, I was going through some shit at the time that probably affected my attitude at work. I was sick of being their odd job guy, if I kept it cool I would probably still be in cali and would have moved up at the company. Water under the bridge now i guess

trust me they will make up some shit, thread starter is already dubbed as a bad employee its a wrap for him.