can my job fire me???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2005
so I go into work today and my supervisor and manager pull me in the office... Long story short, they give me a written warning for some BS.. They make u sign em and then they file em... I refused to sign it cuz it was faulty as fuck... So I'm pretty much heated cuz my supervisor was cool with me but then he goes n writes my ass up.. Later on in the night some brawd tells me he was talkin shit bout my FAM.. So I confront him n he starts getting all brave, he puts his hands on my fore Arms as to try to hold me down... As soon as he does that.. A couple co workers come in and break it up...

Now do they have the right to fire me? Or should I play the "I'm going to sue you" card???

May 3, 2005
^ I didnt complete my work.. But I'm not really trippin off that... The real problem is wat happened between me n my supervisor... I dont think they can fire me cuz he made shit personal when he spoke on my fam

May 3, 2005
^^ yea that's wat I been hearing but doesn't the fact that the "supervisor" put his hands on me come into play... I mean this isn't my dream job or anything. Im working here(retirement home) part time while I'm in school... I just dont feel right if they fire me when there supervisor overreacted

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
you should go straight to his supervisor and explain what happened....matter of fact, you should've done that before you hopped on siccness

May 16, 2002
Reguardless of what he wrote you up for, he fucked up when he talked behind your back about your family. At that point it became personal on top of putting hands on you...even if he was just trying to hold you down, it's wrong.

No matter what you are told, IMO you have a case my friend.

Don't back down, ya got em'! Whether they fire you of not...SUE THE SHIT OUT OF EM'!

May 19, 2005
if managment wants you out,theyll find a way to let you go,doesnt matter if its fair or not,theyll twist the rules in one way or another to find a way to put you in a situation were they can "legaly"let you go.small example is some resturants iv worked out,managers after hiring a server if they feel hes not really fit for the place,they cant legally fire you but they give you a fucked up schedule untill your fed up with it and quit.even though thats not your situation,you should be wary.the stuff you heard could have been bullshit or misinterpreted ,or maybe not,but if they genuily want you out theyll find a way.about the hands on,are you willing to spend a minimum of a thousand bucks to get a decent lawyer to try to fight a battle that prob isnt really worth it.im not tryin to shoot you down,but alot of people use the ill sue card,unless he actually tried to swing at you,or sexualy touch you,i wouldnt waste your time.start thinking about the bigger picture.is that place where you want to be right now,can you find a better place,is it really all worth it?jus my 2 cents

May 16, 2002
if managment wants you out,theyll find a way to let you go,doesnt matter if its fair or not,theyll twist the rules in one way or another to find a way to put you in a situation were they can "legaly"let you go.small example is some resturants iv worked out,managers after hiring a server if they feel hes not really fit for the place,they cant legally fire you but they give you a fucked up schedule untill your fed up with it and quit.even though thats not your situation,you should be wary.the stuff you heard could have been bullshit or misinterpreted ,or maybe not,but if they genuily want you out theyll find a way.about the hands on,are you willing to spend a minimum of a thousand bucks to get a decent lawyer to try to fight a battle that prob isnt really worth it.
That's what they want you to do, and yes they may put you in a position to bore the shit outta you...ride it out and take whatever they dish out.

At this point in time it's no longer about how good your job is, is it worth it or what not...it's the principal of the matter. Most people turn the other cheek and bow down due to these scare tactics...I SAY FUCK EM'!

We are in a day in age where huge faulty corperations have been brought down to they're knees.

No matter how big, or small the company is: Stick to your guns and put up a fight. Don't tuck your tail between your legs and walk away!

Jun 28, 2002
Reguardless of what he wrote you up for, he fucked up when he talked behind your back about your family. At that point it became personal on top of putting hands on you...even if he was just trying to hold you down, it's wrong.

No matter what you are told, IMO you have a case my friend.

Don't back down, ya got em'! Whether they fire you of not...SUE THE SHIT OUT OF EM'!
my exact thoughts. theres a organization you can contact.. i forgot what its called but they be the ones that put lawsuits on hella faulty ass work places. you should push the issue, do some research. you might be able to get cashed out.