Boxing News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 24, 2005
Virgil Hunter Believes Khan Is Not Ready Yet For Inside Fighting

Although Briton fighter Amir Khan demonstrated impressive boxing past Saturday against American opponent Carlos Molina, his trainer still believes, he has a long way to go before making it to perfection. According to Virgil Hunter, Khan’s newly hired trainer, the former champion needs to learn boxing on the inside before facing fiercer opponents.

“Amir’s not ready to fight on the inside yet,” said Hunter, who follows old-school boxing techniques that allow fighters to fight better in close range with their elbows being tucked in.

“He has to understand the inside before he is ready to fight on the inside. I have not implemented any of those tactics with him yet,” he added.
Hunter was last year’s trainer of the year. Khan hired him following his knockout defeat to American unbeaten fighter Danny Garcia. Back then, Khan was training with Hall of Famer coach Freddie Roach.

What I have done on the inside with him is work on escape routes. Fighting on the inside takes a lot of practice. We are talking about a kid who has quick feet, quick reflexes and quick reactions,” said Hunter.
“Right now, he doesn’t have to fight on the inside. All he has to do is move and get out of the way. I wanted to make it very simple that he didn’t have to do anything he had to stop and think about.”

Khan is eager to take on Danny Garcia, the fighter who left his career in jeopardy after knocking him out in the fourth round.
Khan defeated Carlos Molina to make a statement. He is back, even though Molina was not up to his calibre. Khan, who wanted to show the world that he still has it in him, outboxed Molina for ten straight rounds, winning each one.
Right from the start, Molina was blooded with Khan’s blows but the Briton was not knocking him out. He was pursuing a more composed boxing game, which according to him is a blessing from Hunter.

It seems like following this win, Khan still needs to prove himself to Hunter if he wants to get on the top again

Jul 24, 2005
Chavez Jr. to dump Roach for Beristain?
Boxing article posted on December 18th, 2012 | Post Comment

Nacho Beristain Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez 2 Chavez Jr Martinez 2 sergio martinez julio cesar chavez jr freddie roach By Dan Ambrose: Former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32 KO’s) may be the next big name fighter that jumps ship and dumps trainer Freddie Roach, according to fightnews.com A source has revealed that Chavez Jr. could possibly end up with trainer Nacho Beristain if Roach is dumped.

Beristain is the trainer that made a world champion out of Juan Manuel Marquez. Beristain has trained countless top fighters over the years, such as Ricardo Lopez, Abner Mares, Jhonny Gonzalez, Oscar De La Hoya, Jorge Arce, and many more.

Chavez Jr. needs a trainer that can get him in line and focused in training in an actual gym instead of home like he did frequently for his fight with Sergio Martinez last September. Chavez Jr. lost his World Boxing Council middleweight strap in that fight by a lopsided 12 round decision.

Apart from the 12th round, the fight was sickeningly one-sided with Chavez Jr. soaking up a ton of punishment. In the 12th, Chavez Jr was able to knock Martinez down with a series of punches. That was enough to create interest in a rematch between Chavez Jr. and Martinez.

Chavez Jr. is going to need to really train hard if he’s to beat Martinez the next time they fight. Beristain has a ton of knowledge and he would know how to beat Martinez, but it won’t be any good unless Chavez Jr. follows his every instruction. I can’t see a Beristain-Chavez Jr. relationship working out with Chavez Jr. blowing off training sessions or working out with Beristain at his home instead of the gym.

Beristain would have to put his foot down by insisting that the camp be run in a disciplined manner because it won’t be any good for him if he’s not getting full cooperation from him.

It might not help Chavez Jr. even if Beristain helps him because there’s just too much for Chavez Jr. to learn in one training camp with Beristain. Marquez is a great fighter, but he’s trained with Beristain since he was young, and he didn’t just become a great fighter in 8 weeks of training camp. I don’t know if Beristain can help Chavez Jr. enough for him to beat a fighter like Martinez.

I think he can help him, but it might not be enough for Chavez Jr. to get the win unless he can knock Martinez out, which I seriously doubt. Chavez Jr. definitely won’t win a decision against the much quicker and light on his feet Martinez. Part of the problem is Chavez Jr’s weight. He’s basically a cruiserweight fighting at middleweight, and you’re not going to get a quick cruiserweight moving around against a small middleweight with fast feet like Martinez.

Jul 24, 2005
Pascal suffers torn left bicep & rotator cuff; fight with Chad Dawson still on for March 23rd

By Allan Fox: Former WBC light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal (27-2-1, 16 KO’s) must be pretty happy right now after learning that he didn’t suffer a bad shoulder injury in his 10 round unanimous decision win over Aleksy Kuziemski last Friday night in Montreal, Canada. Fightnews.com is reporting that Pascal suffered a torn left bicep and a partially torn left rotator cuff.

If it were a full tear of his rotator cuff then that would a lot more serious and it could have required surgery to repair the problem. However, Pascal will only need rest and rehabilitation to get him back in fighting shape, as long as there aren’t any lingering problems.

Pascal injured left arm in the 4th round of that fight when he threw a left hook that caught on the rope support. Pascal fought rest of the fight using just his right hand, and that was more than enough to beat the 35-year-old Kuziemski in this tune-up bout to get the ring rusty Pascal ready for his title challenge against WBC light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson on March 23rd in Canada.

One thing that caught my eye after Pascal’s injury during the Kuziemski fight was that one of Pascal’s corner assistants was pulling on his arm in between rounds, as if the belief was that Pascal’s left arm had come out of the shoulder socket. But with it now being learned that he tore his left bicep and partially tore his rotator cuff, you have to question the wisdom of pulling on his arm in between rounds.

I’m not quite sure if that’s something that you should be doing if you have someone that tore their rotator cuff and ripped their bicep. I’m no expert on injuries of this kind, but it doesn’t seem like the right move to be pulling on an injured arm and shoulder unless you know exactly what kind of injury there is.

Jul 24, 2005
Khan signs three-fight deal with Showtime Sports

amir khan By William Mackay: Showtime has taken a big risk by signing former IBF/WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan (27-3, 19 KO’s) to a three fight deal. Khan fought on the Showtime television network last Saturday night in a mismatch against a soft opponent picked out from the lightweight division for Khan. There’s talk that Khan will fight the recently knocked out Josesito Lopez for his next fight in April.

So far so good for Khan, because he should win that fight but it’s not a given because Lopez can fight a little. Where Showtime may end up holding onto a loser is if Khan faces WBA/WBC light welterweight champion Danny Garcia after that. That’s a fight where Khan has a good chance of getting knocked out again like he was in his previous fight with Garcia last July. If Khan gets flattened again that will be his third loss out of his last four fights, and it would give a clear sign that Khan isn’t a world class fighter.

Showtime would then be stuck with having to television another of Khan’s fights so that they could finish out the contract. The negative thing about this is Golden Boy Promotions, the promoters for Khan, will likely put him in with another soft opponent along the same lines as Carlos Molina so that they could attempt to rebuild Khan again like what was done after he was knocked out in one round by Breidis Prescott in 2008.

Khan is a knockout waiting to happen. He may do a good job of beating light hitters like Molina and Paul McCloskey, but he have problems when facing someone that is throwing hard shots at him.
I’m not sure if Showtime will be too happy having Khan fight two soft targets out of the three fights they televise for him. Showtime should insist that Khan fight Lucas Matthysse, Danny Garcia and Marcos Maidana in his three fights with them because it’s not a good deal if Khan is able to fight a bunch of soft targets in his three fight deal.

Jul 24, 2005
Victor Ortiz to fight in April or May

victor ortiz By Allan Fox: The struggling former WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz (29-4-2, 22 KO’s) will be back inside the ring in April or May of next year, according to RingTV. There isn’t an opponent selected for his ring return, but it’s likely not going to be anyone that you would consider dangerous. Golden Boy has to take it easy with Ortiz, because he’s lost his last two fights and looked poor in both of them.

Ortiz’s broken jaw is reportedly healing nicely and he should be ready to go in April with a danger of him re-breaking it. In his next fight, Ortiz will be fighting at welterweight, and he’s going to really need to be careful if he doesn’t want to keep losing. Despite having lost his last two fights, Ortiz has a lot going for him still.

He’s young, got good power, excellent speed and great movement. Ortiz does everything well, and he’s more than a handful when he’s fighting at top form. However, Ortiz has problems when he faces guys that can handle his power and who go to war with him. Ortiz struggles in those types of fights as we seen in his losses to Mayweather, Marcos Maidana and Josesito Lopez, as well as in his draw with Lamont Peterson.

Ortiz was stopped in the 9th round by Josesito Lopez last June in a fight where the left side of Ortiz’s jaw was broken in two places by Lopez. Ortiz ended up quitting on his stool after the 9th round due to the pain in his jaw. Before that, Ortiz was stopped by Floyd Mayweather Jr. in the 4th round last year in September.

That was the fight where Ortiz seemed to lose his cool in the 4th round after getting hit with an elbow from Mayweather. Following this, Ortiz then head-butted Mayweather; causing the referee to take a point away. When the action resumed, Ortiz lowered his guard to tell Mayweather he was sorry but Mayweather drilled him with a couple of hard shots that knocked him out.

Jul 24, 2005
Schaefer to reveal who Mayweather’s next opponent in January

saul alvarez robert guerrero floyd mayweather jr By Chris Williams: Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer says he’ll be revealing which fighter – Saul “Canelo” Alvarez or Robert Guerrero – that unbeaten WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather (43-0, 26 KO’s) will be fighting on May 4th. Mayweather’s choices are one of those two fighters, because he wants to take advantage of the Mexican holiday Cinco de Mayo by fighting a Mexican fighter on that date.

Sports Illustrated writer Chris Mannix said on his twitter “Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer told SI he hopes to have an announcement on Floyd Mayweather/Canelo/Ghost Guerrero fights first week in January.”

Canelo Alvarez has been saying recently that he’s close to getting the fight with Mayweather, but it’s very difficult to believe that. I think that’s more wishful thinking for Canelo, because he wants the Mayweather fight really bad, even though you can make a pretty good argument that he still doesn’t deserve it because he’s been fighting mainly older and smaller guys since he moved up to welterweight.

Canelo hasn’t taken on the top fighters at 154 since he moved up in weight, and that’s why it would difficult to see him getting the fight with Mayweather because earned the shot yet.

Guerrero is the one that is the most logical choice for Mayweather, since Guerrero has beaten two of the welterweights in Andre Berto and Selcuk Adyin recently. He’s proven that he deserves the shot at Mayweather by beating those guys.

Guerrero isn’t fighting guys from the light welterweight division while campaigning as a welterweight. But more importantly, Guerrero is a fight where Mayweather can beat him without having to worry about taking a lot of heavy shots like he would be if he were to face the 22-year-old Alvarez.

Mayweather isn’t a junior middleweight and the Alvarez would be a tougher one for him because Mayweather would be fighting a bigger guy. I still think Alvarez hasn’t the shot at Mayweather, and I think he needs to prove that he can beat guys like Austin Trout, Cornelis Bundrage, Alfredo Angulo, Erislandy Lara and Vanes Martirosyan before Mayweather faces him.

Jul 24, 2005
Peter Quillin vs. Fernando Guerrero on February 9th in Brooklyn, New York

Quillin Guerrero Quillin vs. Guerrero peter quillin fernando guerrero By Dan Ambrose: Golden Boy Promotions has decided to match their fighter WBO middleweight champion Peter Quillin (28-0, 20 KO’s) against #5 WBC Fernando Guerrero (25-1, 19 KO’s) on February 9th on the undercard of the Zab Judah vs. Danny Garcia fight at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Quiilin, 29, had been mentioned as facing former WBC/WBO middleweight champion Jermain Taylor, but that fight isn’t happening. Taylor-Quillin fight would have been a mismatch, and it’s a good thing that Golden Boy isn’t going with that, but Guerrero-Quillin is about the same.

Guerrero was knocked out by 40-year-old Grady Brewer last year in June when Guerrero tried stepping up the level of his competition. He failed miserably as you can see.

Quillin vs. Guerrero isn’t a good fight but I guess it could be worse. They could have picked someone from the bottom of the heap to face Quillin. One thing for sure is that Golden Boy isn’t in a hurry to put Quillin in with anyone with a remote possibility of beating him. He’s still really flawed and he can be out-boxed, as we saw in his last fight against Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam last October.

Quillin was able to knock D’Dam down six times in the fight, but in between those knockdowns Quillin was getting easily-boxed by N’Dam, and he looked mediocre, like a fighter that won’t last long as a champion unless he’s kept away from the good competition.

Quillin had the chance to fight a unification bout with WBA champion Gennady Golovkin but he reportedly wasn’t interested in that fight. I guess I can’t blame him because Golovkin would knock Quillin out with ease. There’s no comparison between the two fighters. Quillin is a flawed fighter, and he still doesn’t know how to fight on the inside, doesn’t jab, and is mostly just a pot shot fighter. He doesn’t throw combinations and he’s really vulnerable against guys that know how to box.

There’s not much to get excited about with Guerrero. He’s beaten guys like Saul Duran, Ishe Smith, Jessie Nicklow, Ossie Duran, but no one that you could call a good fighter out of that bunch. He tried stepping it up slightly last year and was knocked out.

Props: JLMACN
Jul 24, 2005
Adrien Broner to fight on February 16th in Atlantic City

adrien broner By Scott Gilfoid: WBC lightweight champion Adrien Broner (25-0, 21 KO’s) will be back in the ring on February 16th in Atlantic City, New Jersey, according to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer. Up until it wasn’t known where the talented Broner would be fighting next, but now Schaefer has revealed the location at least. Heavyweights Johnathon Banks and Seth Mitchell will be fighting a rematch on the undercard.

Unfortunately, we won’t be seeing Broner fighting a unification bout with WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns, as his promoter Alex Morrison has stated that Burns will be fighting on January 26th against a still to be determined opponent in Glasgow, Scotland.

Burns will be making a defense of his World Boxing Organization title, and then possibly he could be facing Broner later in the year if the fight can be negotiated. Burns and Morrison passed on the opportunity to fight Broner on February 16th, because they wanted to get in another fight before that.

Broner also won’t be fighting Richard Abril, because he plans on facing Sharif Bogere on March 2nd to fight for the vacant World Boxing Association lightweight strap, so that’s not an opponent that Broner will be getting either.

The options are now pretty slim for Broner unless he chooses to fight Yuriorkis Gamboa, which I don’t think is possible. Gamboa’s promoter 50 Cent said recently that he’d like to match Gamboa up with Broner in the near future, but I doubt that 50 Cent would be willing to move Gamboa up another division right away to fight Broner after Gamboa’s recent performance against Michael Farenas.

Gamboa moved up from featherweight to super featherweight for that fight and he looked vulnerable. 50 Cent won’t want to move Gamboa up yet another division to face a guy like Broner, who fights in the mid-140 range.

Other than Gamboa, Broner’s options are guys like Raymundo Beltran and Jorge Linares as possibilities for Broner. I doubt that Linares would take the fight but Beltran is an option, although not a good option.

That’s probably who Broner will face unfortunately. HBO will say yes to a guy like Beltran after his recent wins over Henry Lundy and Ji-Hoon Kim. I like Beltran but I see him as an ESPN2 type fighter, and I don’t want to see Broner wasting one of his fights on this guy. Broner is better off moving up in weight to fight someone else if he can’t Gamboa in the ring because fighting Beltran would be like throwing a fight away, because Broner would get nothing from it.

Jul 24, 2005
Floyd Mayweather Sr: "I think this would be the right time for me and little Floyd to come together as father and son, and make this attack"

In the aftermath of Manny Pacquiao's TKO6 defeat at the hands of Juan Manuel Marquez, the talk amongst boxing fans shifted and people began to ask how that result will impact the career of Floyd Mayweather Jr, as one shot silenced all talks of a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout. So the question really is, what's next for Floyd?

In part 2 (see below for part 1) of my Exclusive “On The Ropes” interview with Floyd Mayweather Sr, I asked him what fighter he would like to see in the ring with his son next. I also talked with Floyd about the fighters he is currently working with, and who he thinks he might be helping in the near future. Additionally Floyd discussed why he believes there have been so many upsets in 2012 and much, much more. Here is what Floyd had to say.

Jenna Jay: Floyd, it is the opinion of a lot of boxing fans that Marquez should have won all four fights. Being that Marquez now has a definitive win over Pacquiao where do you think he ranks all-time amongst Mexican fighters?

Mayweather Sr: You got a lot of Mexicans to be honest, that you compare that too, I couldn’t say he was the greatest one, you guys got like Chavez, we’re talking about a guy whose had 100 fights, we’re talking about guys like, there were quite few others, a lot of them are coming up, I don’t know too many big ones we got, but we use to have quite a few back in the 70’s, 80’s like that and 90’s you know, you know we had really good Mexican fighters then. I would say he will be ranked amongst the many.

Jenna: Let's turn things to you as a trainer Floyd. You recently started working with some new talent, like Andre Dirrell. Can you tell me a little about some of the new fighters you got under your wing?

Mayweather Sr: I got Andre Direll, I might be working with Kid Chocolate, I already worked with him for a week, and he already got better in a week. I am not saying this is going to happen, but a lot of people are telling me that Gamboa needs a lot of defense. A lot of people are telling me that I need to get with Gamboa. All of them are saying that. But we will have to wait and see what's happening.

Jenna: You are also working in 50 cent's new gym, can you talk about that a little?

Mayweather Sr: Yeah I am working out of his gym. I am working with another young lady there, there is another young lady who works with all my fighters in there. And there is more to come everyday, a lot of fighters, they come to me, it's like I said, things happen like they do and it is, it’s Floyd Joy Senior time.

Jenna: You have Andre Dirrell, and it is my view that he could be the biggest threat to Andre Ward. Do you think he could beat Ward?

Mayweather Sr: That’s what I am working, that’s what I am putting in his head. I got to do it that way. Me and him, I am not going to tell you everything we’ve been working, but everything is coming now, everything is coming much better. I think he is going to have very good chance. And I really believe within myself right now today, I think of the fighters today, the best two fighters today, are my son and Andre Ward. Those are the two best fighters today. Those are the fighters. Floyd is second to none. There is Floyd and then Andre Ward. But a lot of depends on how Dirrell responds. I am just going to tell you this right here, I ain’t got all these wins and ain't I got all these people calling me for nothing, there is got to be a reason, there is my way the highway or the no other way, if you listen and do what I tell you, you will be successful, but I can’t make nobody do anything, it’s on them at the end of the day. They got to want to win, and if they want to win, I am the guy to give them the knowledge.

Jenna: Speaking of training fighters, Freddie Roach has had a bit of a rough patch of late, now losing his last four big fights. Why do you think he had a tough time recently with his fighters?

Mayweather Sr: All the accolades and 5 time awards, all of that stuff is being pulled off him. I can see what he is doing now, he could never out train me. Because he never had that knowledge that I have, that kind of knowledge to train fighters. There has never been jealous bone in my body, over the accolades he’s got. Lord knows my heart. We do the same things, but I do them better. He’s taking losses, because things are breaking down, that’s what’s going on. I never worried about nothing, it’s just was a matter of time, it would be Floyd Joy’s time. I never worried about it, never worried about it today. I never got no awards, I got runner up one time, I had me runner up against somebody, I think Shane Mosley daddy won it that year, but none of them could out do what I do, it’s so plain to see a blind man could see, you can come see for yourself, and you can be the judge, if you know anything about boxing. Who you going to say the best to you? If you judge me and any other trainers out here, it’s me. But there ain’t nothing to really talk about, its just about me taking care of business, taking care of my place and that's what I'm going to do.

Jenna: Back to your son, talks are now that Floyd Jr. would face either Saul Alvarez or Robert Guerrero. Who do you like for him next?

Mayweather Sr: If it’s Canelo or if it’s the ghost, whatever it’s true or false, with my son, whether it’s true or false, I think this would be the right time for me and little Floyd to come together as father and son, and make this attack. We need to pull together, and do this attack together. Go back like it was when we won the title.

Jenna: Final Question for you Floyd. There has been a lot of upsets in 2012, a lot of top fighters beaten. Why do you think we have so many of these upsets this year?

Mayweather Sr: I am going to be honest with you, you know why there is so many upsets, because there is no good trainers no more. There is no one that really knows the game or has the knowledge about the game. You have to have good trainers and you have to have good fighters too, sometimes fighters be good but the trainer might not be good, sometimes the trainer might be good the fighter might not be, but most of the time right now we don’t have any trainers, like I said before , the whole thing is first of all, everybody trying to fight off drugs right now, ain't nobody doing the good all hard work like they use too, run, come back, run with bar bells in your hands, right forward, backwards, sideways, spiriting, ain't nobody doing that; they taking the pill the liquid drink get super strong and go knock somebody out, make them where they can take a better punch or make them punch harder than the other guy, that’s pretty much what’s happening today, that’s why boxing is going bad, boxing is definitely not what it was before, when I was coming up back in the day, where men work extra hard like Ali and Joe Frazier, back in times like that, Sugar Ray Robinson Joe Louis, it's totally different now.

It doesn’t sound like boxing no more. I’ve been in boxing pretty much all of my life, it’s a bad thing right now. I think boxing is declining. And they’re going to let that stupid foolish game that comes on right now, the one MMA, and we know they be do everything, they beyond the fighters, they do things way beyond a fighter can do. You need to clean the game up, that’s the only way boxing can come back alive the way it use to be. You got to clean this stuff up. Make this people, you doing this you doing that, you take the test, you don’t take the test you don’t fight for a certain amount of time, put they're asses out for a year or two. You have to find some sort of rule or regulation that stands! That’s what you have to do. This thing will get right, that’s the way I feel about

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Haha poor Roach. If he doesnt retire soon, hell be forced to retire as he wont have any fighters anymore lol. As for Broner that sucks that all of these cats are ducking him already. Dude cant even get a good fight at 135 no more since he demolished the top guy. I think he should atleast fight one more time at 135 because sometimes jumping weight classes to soon could come back to haunt u. It has worked for Guerrero though but its not the smartest thing to do. Plus Guerrero has been so desperate to get the Floyd fight. Got Em!!

Feb 23, 2006
Chavez jr and nacho wont work. I think chavez jr should hook up with robert garcia and robert also has his dad who traind fernando vargas who smarter than his son robert that gives him advise.chavez a come foward brawler like most of the garcia family fighters except mikey

Jul 24, 2005
Khan: I want to finish off the 140 lb division, and then move up to 147 to face Mayweather
Boxing article posted on December 19th, 2012 | Post Comment

Tweet

floyd mayweather jr amir khan By Scott Gilfoid: Former IBF/WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan (27-3, 19 KO’s) has lost two out of his last three fights, and is coming off of a 10th round TKO win over Carlos Molina last Saturday. Khan believes he’s a man on a mission who will now move forward to beat the top light welterweights and then move up to 147 to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. and win some of the titles before retiring at 28. Talk about your pipe dream.

Khan said to the Dailystar.co.uk “It’s all about finishing off the light welterweight division, becoming a world champion again, leading that and moving up to welterweight and winning a couple of world titles…having big fights against the likes of Mayweather.”

I’m wondering what Khan considers “finishing off” the 140 pound division means? Does it mean he beats Molina, then someone like the recently knocked out Josesito Lopez followed by Danny Garcia. If that’s what Khan considers cleaning out the light welterweight division then I’m sorry but that’s not cleaning anything out.

If Khan can beat Lopez and Garcia, those are some pretty good wins, but that still leaves Lamont Peterson and Lucas Matthysse that Khan would have to beat in order to actually clean out the division, and I don’t see Khan beating either of them and nor do I see him beating Garcia.

With Khan it all seems like a pipe dream. He talks about fighting Mayweather after having lost two out of his three fights. Khan won his last fight, but look who they had to dig up for him to finally stop his losing streak. They found an undersized, weak-punching lightweight in Carlos Molina. They basically handed Khan a victory, and Showtime televised it instead of demanding that Khan fight a quality opponent like HBO likely would have done. That was a really bad product that Showtime gave to boxing fans by televising Khan’s mismatch against Molina. Talk about your boring one-sided fights. I know I’m getting off track, but Khan was allowed to have his mismatch televised in front of the entire U.S and that’s sad.

Khan isn’t going to be fighting Mayweather unless Mayweather is cool with fighting a guy that gets destroyed by Garcia in their rematch and whoever else that Khan fights who is any good. Put him in with Matthysse, and I see Khan losing to him as well. I don’t think Khan will ever fight Matthysse. I think if Khan is lucky enough to beat Garcia in a rematch, he’ll bail from the light welterweight division, and claim that he’s cleaned out the 140 pound division as he moves up to 147 to try and land a Mayweather fight.

Tweet

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
If there was ever a fight that didn't need to happen it was Mosley vs Paulie.
Yea but who else can Paulie fight that has some sort of a name that he could beat? He is running out of options and his belt will be gone soon. U cant keep fighting nobodies. Got Em!!