Boxing News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 24, 2005
Cunningham In Tears Over Lost: It's Sad, Man, It's Sad

By Luke Furman

Former champion Steve Cunningham was very emotional after losing a controversial split decision to Tomasz Adamek in their IBF heavyweight title eliminator at the Sands Bethlehem Events Center in Bethlehem, PA. Adamek (48-2) came out on top with scores of 115-112 and 116-112, while Cunningham (25-5) was the winner of the third card with a score of 115-113 for Cunningham (25-5). Two of the judges gave Adamek three of the last four rounds.

The fight was initially announced as a draw, but then a score of 115-115 was changed to a score of 115-112 for Adamek - and then it changed to 115-113, also for Adamek. The change gave Adame the victory, although many saw Cunningham as the winner.

"I really don't know what more I can do. What can I say? What can I do? Real men cry, real men shed tears. You can't knock everyone out. We did our thing in the ring. It saddens me. I can't be getting cheated like this. It's sad, man, it's sad. It's nonsense. What needs to be done in boxing for this not to happen again? This isn't a game. What else do I have to do?," Cunningham said.

Jul 24, 2005
Marquez On Mayweather Re-match: Things Would Be Very Different

By Miguel Rivera and Rene Umanzor

When Juan Manuel Marquez moved up to the welterweight division in 2009 to challenge Floyd Mayweather Jr., he claims that he didn't train properly and put on the "wrong kind of weight" and it made him slow, sluggish and the power wasn't there. He weighed in at 142-pounds, but his body and power wasn't as impressive as it appeared for his last two stints at 147.

Prior to last year's third meeting with Manny Pacquiao, Marquez started working with conditioning coach Angel "Memo" Heredia. Marquez, also coming in at 142 for that match, looked stronger and handled the weight a lot better. For the fourth meeting with Pacquiao, on December 8th, he looked to be in even better shape with a ripped and muscular 143-pound body. He used that power to knock Pacquiao down in the third and scored a sensational one-punch knockout in the sixth round.

With Memo by his side, he says the Mayweather fight would have been very different.

"Things would have been very different. I wasn't doing the right things [in training]. [Memo] has helped me a lot and I'm doing a lot of different things that I was never doing before. We worked very, very hard. I think so, yes, things would have been very different," Marquez said.

Jul 24, 2005
Pacquiao hoping to return to the ring in April
Boxing news published December 22, 2012 | 36 Comments
follow boxing

By Rob Smith: Manny Pacquiao has no interest in sitting around and waiting until September 2013 before he fights again. Pacquiao reportedly is interested in getting back in action in April despite his 6th round knockout loss to his old nemesis Juan Manuel Marquez on December 8th of this month.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission gave Pacquiao a 120 day suspension from boxing due to his bad knockout loss. However, that’s the Nevada Commission. Arum plans on making the Pacquiao-Marquez 5th fight in Texas, and that’s a whole different ball game. If Pacquiao wants to fight in April, you can bet the Texas Commission will allow him to as long as he can pass the medical examination to prove that he’s fit to fight.

Bob Arum wants to place the Pacquiao-Marquez 5th fight in the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Pacquiao has already fought there twice in fights with Joshua Clottey and Antonio Margarito in 2010, and both fights drew over 40,000 fans, which are great numbers. But you’d have to imagine that a Pacquiao-Marquez fight will draw even more than that due to Marquez’s huge popularity with the Mexican community.

A lot of fans from the surrounding area will jump at the chance to come see Marquez take on Pacquiao to see if he can repeat his knockout of the Filipino star. You have to imagine that a Pacquiao vs. Marquez 5 fight could draw well over 50,000 fans in the Cowboy Stadium.

If Pacquiao wants to fight in April he’ll fight in April. I personally think it’s dumb for him to rush back to the ring so soon after the kind of knockout that he suffered against Marquez, but I can understand how he might not want to sit around for 9 months while he waits for September 2013, the date that Arum wants him to return to the ring.

By not fighting in April and August, Pacquiao will be losing out on as much as $50 million. That’s a lot of money to be losing, and I think a lot of people would choose to get back in the ring as fast possible like Pacquiao because of the cash that they’d be losing by not getting back in the ring.

The question here is whether Pacquiao can still take a hard shot. We won’t know that until he gets in the ring and fights, but his promoter wants to have him checked out at the Cleveland Clinic in Las Vegas to make sure that his head is okay after his knockout

Jul 24, 2005
Saul Alvarez will never beat Austin Trout
Boxing article posted on December 23rd, 2012 | Post Comment

Tweet

saul alvarez austin trout By Dan Ambrose: Golden Boy Promotions badly wants to match WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (41-0-1, 30 KO’s) up with Miguel Cotto (37-4, 30 KO’s) so they can make a star out of Alvarez. However, the one fighter that boxing fans will probably never see Golden Boy match their Golden Goose Alvarez up with is unbeaten WBA World light middleweight champion Austin Trout (26-0, 14 KO’s).

The reason boxing fans won’t get to see this fight is because Trout has the perfect style to totally dominate Golden Boy’s flat-footed fighter Alvarez. Alvarez doesn’t have the ability to move quickly around the ring, and he only seems capable of fighting flat-footed much in the same way that former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. fights.

Alvarez is like a smaller version of Chavez Jr., but not quite as skilled. Chavez Jr. can do a little bit more than Alvarez in the ring in terms of being able to fight at the distance and the inside as well as cutting off the ring much better. Chavez Jr. also has better stamina than Alvarez. If you’ve seen some of Alvarez’s fights, he’s red in the face and tired when the fight goes past eight rounds.

That’s not something that you see with Chavez Jr. Trout is like the Sergio Martinez of the junior middleweight division. He’ll absolutely eat up a basic plodder like Alvarez, and that’s what Alvarez is. He’s little more than a plodder with good power that has taken advantage of the match-making that his promoters at Golden Boy has done for him by putting him in with a lot of welterweights and older fighters.

Alvarez doesn’t have the advantage that Chavez Jr. has at middleweight by being much bigger than guys from his own division, but Golden Boy has taken care of that by matching Alvarez against guys from the divisions below him, and thus giving Alvarez the same advantage that Chavez Jr. has at middleweight.

Trout should be the one that’s facing Alvarez on May 4th, but we likely won’t see that happening and my prediction is that Golden Boy will never match Alvarez against Trout unless Trout gets old and is shot. Alvarez, 22, is young enough to wait the 27-year-old Trout out and fight him when he’s old and has lost his skills. I’d hate to see something like that happen but that’s the only way I see Golden Boy letting Trout face Alvarez.

Jul 24, 2005

Tweet

saul alvarez austin trout By Dan Ambrose: Golden Boy Promotions badly wants to match WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (41-0-1, 30 KO’s) up with Miguel Cotto (37-4, 30 KO’s) so they can make a star out of Alvarez. However, the one fighter that boxing fans will probably never see Golden Boy match their Golden Goose Alvarez up with is unbeaten WBA World light middleweight champion Austin Trout (26-0, 14 KO’s).

The reason boxing fans won’t get to see this fight is because Trout has the perfect style to totally dominate Golden Boy’s flat-footed fighter Alvarez. Alvarez doesn’t have the ability to move quickly around the ring, and he only seems capable of fighting flat-footed much in the same way that former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. fights.

Alvarez is like a smaller version of Chavez Jr., but not quite as skilled. Chavez Jr. can do a little bit more than Alvarez in the ring in terms of being able to fight at the distance and the inside as well as cutting off the ring much better. Chavez Jr. also has better stamina than Alvarez. If you’ve seen some of Alvarez’s fights, he’s red in the face and tired when the fight goes past eight rounds.

That’s not something that you see with Chavez Jr. Trout is like the Sergio Martinez of the junior middleweight division. He’ll absolutely eat up a basic plodder like Alvarez, and that’s what Alvarez is. He’s little more than a plodder with good power that has taken advantage of the match-making that his promoters at Golden Boy has done for him by putting him in with a lot of welterweights and older fighters.

Alvarez doesn’t have the advantage that Chavez Jr. has at middleweight by being much bigger than guys from his own division, but Golden Boy has taken care of that by matching Alvarez against guys from the divisions below him, and thus giving Alvarez the same advantage that Chavez Jr. has at middleweight.

Trout should be the one that’s facing Alvarez on May 4th, but we likely won’t see that happening and my prediction is that Golden Boy will never match Alvarez against Trout unless Trout gets old and is shot. Alvarez, 22, is young enough to wait the 27-year-old Trout out and fight him when he’s old and has lost his skills. I’d hate to see something like that happen but that’s the only way I see Golden Boy letting Trout face Alvarez.

Jul 24, 2005
Broner: Amir Khan will become World champion again

amir khan By Scott Gilfoid: WBC lightweight champion Adrien Broner believes that his friend former IBF/WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan (27-3, 19 KO’s) can rise up again and snatch one or more of the world titles from one of the champions in 2013. Broner thinks Khan has speed, heart and loads of talent that will enable him to do that in 2013.

Broner said to Sky Ringside “I’m a big fan of Amir Khan, and I believe he can step up and become a world champion again. He’s very elusive, he has a big heart, and he’s a fighter. I would love to [fight in the UK one of these days].”

It sounds nice except that there’s one big problem that may step in the way of Khan becoming a world champion again. Instead of going after the easier mark IBF light welterweight champion Lamont Peterson or waiting out the WBO champion Juan Manuel Marquez until he retires and/or vacates his title, Khan wants to try and win back his WBA title from WBA/WBC 140 pound champion Danny Garcia.

I don’t think that’s possible for Khan to do that. Khan won’t be able to survive 12 rounds of getting hit in the head or neck by Garcia’s left hooks. That’s the bad part, and Khan is in the position where he kind of has to fight Garcia because he’s been talking about wanting to fight him so much. If he doesn’t fight him now, boxing fans will think he’s ducking him.

Khan can possibly win a world title if he waits around for Marquez to lose or give up his title. That might take a while, and I don’t think Khan wants to wait for that to happen. The best option for Khan is to fight a rematch with IBF light welterweight champion Lamont Peterson. Khan will obviously have a lot of problems against Peterson, because nothings really changed in Khan’s game at all except he’s a little more passive and lesser fighter than he was when he was fighting with aggression.

Khan can’t run from Peterson, because he’s too good at closing the distance to cut off the ring to force Khan to fight. We saw Peterson literally jogging after Khan for the last 8 rounds of the fight and giving him a beating each time Khan would be forced to stop. Out of a basic need to survive, Khan resorted to shoving, pulling down on Peterson’s head and putting him in head locks.

I don’t think Khan will attempt to use those fouling tactics as much in a rematch with Peterson because the referee will be wise to them and won’t let him do it. Without Khan using those fouling tactics I think he’ll lose to Peterson. Khan has a chance of winning, but not a good one if he can’t shove and pull his head down 24/7 like he did last time.

Broner obviously likes Khan, but I really don’t see Khan winning a world title in 2013 unless it’s one of those interim straps that mean zero.

Khan may end up fighting Josesito Lopez next April in his first fight of 2013. Golden Boy Promotions also have Victor Ortiz and Lucas Matthysse as possible opponents for him, but I think they’ll be weeded out of the Khan sweepstake because of how dangerous they are.

Jul 24, 2005
Andre Ward wants to fight three times in 2013

Tweet

Ward Pavlik Ward vs. Pavlik kelly pavlik andre ward By Scott Gilfoid: The talented WBC/WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward (26-0, 14 KO’s) plans on having a really busy 2013 by fighting three times in the year starting with a fight against former WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik in February or March. Ward is really hoping that IBF champ Carl Froch and WBA champion Mikkel Kessler will finally want to get off their backsides and face him so he can whip them again, but Ward doubts they’ll accept his challenge.

Ward said to Sky Ringside “We’re looking to fight three times this year if everything goes well. Hopefully my first fight will be in February or March and I’m looking for big things this year. Kelly Pavlik is first. I think Froch and Kessler are made for each other.”

The Pavlik-Ward fight will no doubt take place, there’s no question about that fight. Pavlik badly wants to fight Ward, and he’s not just flapping his gums and name dropping to get a little attention from boxing fans to make him look like he’s in Ward’s class.

Pavlik actually wants to fight him and is ready to face him as soon as Ward’s injured shoulder heals up. I think Pavlik is going to lose as badly as Froch and Kessler did in their fights with Ward, maybe not quite as bad, but he’s going to definitely lose the fight.

With Kessler and Froch not likely to step up to the plate to fight Ward in 2013, I think Ward may have to settle for fights against the likes of Thomas Oosthuizen, Edwin Rodriguez, Lucian Bute, Darren Barker, George Groves or James DeGale.

Those are really disappointing fights for Ward, because none of them are even close to being in the same league as him and he’ll knock them all out or beat them by lopsided decisions, but Ward probably isn’t going to be able to get guys like Froch, Kessler or Lucian Bute to fight him right now because he’s just too damn good.

I see those guys continuing to fight each other instead of Ward in 2013, so Ward can forget facing those guys. I’d like to see Ward fight Groves and DeGale just for the heck of it to see how those young lads do but I think it’ll badly for them. Ward in another level altogether and those guys will enver get to that level because it takes supreme talent to get where Ward is at.

Tweet

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
saul alvarez will never beat austin trout
boxing article posted on december 23rd, 2012 | post comment

tweet

alvarez is like a smaller version of chavez jr., but not quite as skilled. Chavez jr. Can do a little bit more than alvarez in the ring in terms of being able to fight at the distance and the inside as well as cutting off the ring much better. Chavez jr. Also has better stamina than alvarez. If you’ve seen some of alvarez’s fights, he’s red in the face and tired when the fight goes past eight rounds.
lol

Jul 24, 2005
Ward Says Froch Is A Fraud.. Make The Bout

Andre Ward: set to defend his super-middleweight titles next against Kelly Pavlik

Andre Ward has told Carl Froch's promoter Eddie Hearn to "pick up the phone" and make him an offer if he wants a rematch against the American in 2013.

Unbeaten Ward - the reigning WBA and WBC super-middleweight champion - plans to defend his titles again in February or March of next year, most likely against Kelly Pavlik after their initial bout, which had been scheduled for January 26, had to be postponed.

The 28-year-old is one of only two men to have beaten Froch, unanimously out-pointing the man from Nottingham in the final of the Super Six tournament at the end of 2011.

Since then Froch has returned to action with back-to-back victories; he has said he plans to avenge the only blemishes on his professional record, starting with a second shot at Dane Mikkel Kessler, before hanging up his gloves.

"I would love it," Ward told Sky Sports about the possibility of facing Froch again.

"I think Kessler and Froch are made for each other. But I don't think either one of them wants to fight me. I think they should stop misleading the fans and be honest.

"Neither Hearn or Sauerland (Kessler's promoters) have made us an offer to fight here in the States, or anywhere else in the world."

Speaking to Sky's Adam Smith and Johnny Nelson before Amir Khan's victory over Carlos Molina in Los Angeles, Ward admitted he would have no problem coming to England to go toe-to-toe with Froch for a second time.

In a direct message to Hearn, he said: "Pick up the phone and make us an offer if you guys say you want this rematch. If you're that confident in Froch, pick up the phone.

"I don't have to do it (fight Froch again), so it would be a treat for the UK fans.

"Froch won't fight out of Nottingham and that 10,000-seat arena, unless he fights me. I guarantee if I come to the UK, we'll double that."

Props: T-Rip

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003

Tweet

Yea that is a tricky fight and I do think Trout would give Canelo trouble. I would still probably pick Canelo if they did fight but wouldnt be surprised if Trout did beat him due to his style. Golden Boy aint dumb lol. Got Em!!

Broner: Amir Khan will become World champion again

amir khan By Scott Gilfoid: WBC lightweight champion Adrien Broner believes that his friend former IBF/WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan (27-3, 19 KO’s) can rise up again and snatch one or more of the world titles from one of the champions in 2013. Broner thinks Khan has speed, heart and loads of talent that will enable him to do that in 2013.

Broner said to Sky Ringside “I’m a big fan of Amir Khan, and I believe he can step up and become a world champion again. He’s very elusive, he has a big heart, and he’s a fighter. I would love to [fight in the UK one of these days].”

It sounds nice except that there’s one big problem that may step in the way of Khan becoming a world champion again. Instead of going after the easier mark IBF light welterweight champion Lamont Peterson or waiting out the WBO champion Juan Manuel Marquez until he retires and/or vacates his title, Khan wants to try and win back his WBA title from WBA/WBC 140 pound champion Danny Garcia.

I don’t think that’s possible for Khan to do that. Khan won’t be able to survive 12 rounds of getting hit in the head or neck by Garcia’s left hooks. That’s the bad part, and Khan is in the position where he kind of has to fight Garcia because he’s been talking about wanting to fight him so much. If he doesn’t fight him now, boxing fans will think he’s ducking him.

Khan can possibly win a world title if he waits around for Marquez to lose or give up his title. That might take a while, and I don’t think Khan wants to wait for that to happen. The best option for Khan is to fight a rematch with IBF light welterweight champion Lamont Peterson. Khan will obviously have a lot of problems against Peterson, because nothings really changed in Khan’s game at all except he’s a little more passive and lesser fighter than he was when he was fighting with aggression.

Khan can’t run from Peterson, because he’s too good at closing the distance to cut off the ring to force Khan to fight. We saw Peterson literally jogging after Khan for the last 8 rounds of the fight and giving him a beating each time Khan would be forced to stop. Out of a basic need to survive, Khan resorted to shoving, pulling down on Peterson’s head and putting him in head locks.

I don’t think Khan will attempt to use those fouling tactics as much in a rematch with Peterson because the referee will be wise to them and won’t let him do it. Without Khan using those fouling tactics I think he’ll lose to Peterson. Khan has a chance of winning, but not a good one if he can’t shove and pull his head down 24/7 like he did last time.

Broner obviously likes Khan, but I really don’t see Khan winning a world title in 2013 unless it’s one of those interim straps that mean zero.

Khan may end up fighting Josesito Lopez next April in his first fight of 2013. Golden Boy Promotions also have Victor Ortiz and Lucas Matthysse as possible opponents for him, but I think they’ll be weeded out of the Khan sweepstake because of how dangerous they are.
Man I love watching Khan fight and think he has some of the most skills in boxing and I do think he could become champion again. I know his chin is suspect but he has to man up and bring it if he wants to get back to where he was at. I think he can despite his chin suspectness lol. Got Em!!

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
I been catching the the best boxing of 2012 on HBO the past couple of days. They are gonna show 7 fights from this year. They already showed Mayweather/Cotto yesterday and Martinez/Chavez Jr. tonight. It was cool watching those again. I gave Cotto 2 rounds at best and the fight was easier for Floyd that I originally thought. Floyd shouldve Ko'd him in the 12th haha. While lopsided I actually loved watching Sergio break down Chavez Jr. and the 12th round has to be the round of the year. I am now fully anticipating the rematch despite it being a one sided fight. This isnt your typical one sided match and the rematch seems promising. I think they are gonna show over the next few days Broner/Demarco, Rios/Alvarado, Ward/Dawson, Manny/Marquez, & Guerrero/Berto. Got Em!!

Props: JLMACN
Jul 24, 2005
Andre Ward will undergo shoulder surgery next week
Boxing article posted on December 27th, 2012 | Post Comment

andre ward By Scott Gilfoid: Dan Rafael of ESPN is reporting that WBA/WBC super middleweight champion Andre Ward will need shoulder surgery to repair his injured right shoulder that he hurt in sparring. Ward was supposed to be fighting Kelly Pavlik in February, but that’s not going to be possible now and the fight is now been canceled.

In a statement, Ward said that he has a small tear in his right shoulder capsule and the options available to him were rest and rehabilitation or surgery. Ward chose to have surgery, as the chances of his shoulder returning to full strength were a lot better than if he just rested it. Ward will be having surgery in Northern California next week.

The injury mean of course that the fight with Pavlik won’t be happening, and it also means that Ward will only be fighting twice in 2013 instead of three times, which is the number that he wanted.

Ward is targeting the winner of the Carl Froch vs. Mikkel Kessler fight. However, if that fight does take place it’ll likely need to be held late in the year because Ward will likely chose to defend his WBA/WBC titles in his first fight back before taking on the tougher task of facing the winner of the Froch-Kessler fight.

Aside from Kessler and Froch, there are not too many good options for Ward in the division. Andre Dirrell, one of the more talented fighters in this weight class, is still trying to get his career back in gear, so he’s not an option. The other top fighters like Edwin Rodriquez, Arthur Abraham, and Thomas Oosthuizen, aren’t really big fights.

Those are all mismatches for Ward. There are a couple of young contenders in James DeGale and George Groves, but those guys aren’t in the class of Ward, and it’s doubtful that their promoters would be willing to feed them to Ward for him to beat. There are just not a lot of good fighters at this weight that are in Ward’s class, and so he’ll have to take what he can get.

Jul 24, 2005
Matthysse vs. Lundy on January 26th on Showtime at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada
Boxing article posted on December 26th, 2012 | Post Comment

Matthysse Lundy Matthysse vs. Lundy Hank Lundy lucas matthysse By Dan Ambrose: The January 26th bout between interim WBC light welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse (32-2, 30 KO’s) and Hank Lundy (22-2-1, 11 KO’s) has been moved from Los Angeles to the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, The Joint, in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Matthysse, 30, has made no secret to the fact that he’s hoping to face WBC light welterweight champion Danny Garcia in 2013. However, it’s up to their mutual promoters at Golden Boy Promotions and the World Boxing Council whether Matthysse will get that fight because Garcia doesn’t appear to be chomping at the bit to face Matthysse.

When his name is brought up, Garcia shows little interest and seems more interested in other targets, like his upcoming February bout against former two division world champion Zab Judah.

Matthysse can’t afford to slip up and lose against Lundy because that would wreck his big plans on getting Garcia to fight him. Matthysse made a big mistake in his loss to Judah in 2010 by not going after Judah in the early rounds of the fight, and by the time that Matthysse did turn up the gas on Judah from the 5th round on, it wasn’t enough to impress the judges. It was enough to impress boxing fans but not the judges.

Lundy will likely try and start fast against Matthysse so that he can build up a lead and then coast with it in the second of the fight. However, Matthysse is going to put a lot of pressure on Lundy and force him to brawl, which is something that Lundy is good at but he’s not able to fight like that for long period of time.

Lundy will have a big advantage in hand speed over Matthysse in this fight, and if he can catch with a big shot that he doesn’t see there’s a possibility he could pull off an upset. Matthysse isn’t hard to hit and Lundy is dangerous when he’s throwing shots that his opponents don’t see coming.

Props: trips
Jul 24, 2005
Froch: I know I can beat Ward and Kessler to avenge my defeats
Boxing article posted on December 26th, 2012 | Post Comment

Froch Kessler 2 Froch vs. Kessler 2 mikkel kessler carl froch andre ward By Scott Gilfoid: IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch’s promoter Eddie Hearn says that he’s pretty confident that he can set up a rematch with Froch and WBA super middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler in late Spring of next year so that he can try and avenge his loss to Kessler from 2010.

In the meantime, Froch thinks he can both Ward and Kessler in rematches, saying to the Dailystar.co.uk “I have only been beaten twice, and I know that I can beat them [Kessler and Ward] both this time around and prove that I am the best around.”

I think Froch is a better talker than Ward and Kessler, but I don’t see him as being a better fighter and I believe we saw the best of what Froch could do when he faced them last time and lost to both of them. Froch says he had problems in both fights that kept him from being at his best, and the rematches he would be ready to beat them at the top of his game. I think it’s a bunch of hogwash from Froch.

If Froch was good enough to beat Kessler and Ward, he would have beaten them but he wasn’t and that’s the reason he lost the fights.

Kessler and Froch will no doubt fight next Spring as long as Kessler agrees to the money and the venue for the fight. That’s going to be tough to get Kessler to agree to it because he’s not keen on fighting in the UK where Froch and his promoter Eddie Hearn want the fight to take place.

If Froch can’t Kessler, then I don’t see how a Froch-Ward fight can take place in 2013. It might take place in 2014, if Froch could redeem himself somehow by beating some quality super middleweights, but I don’t see Ward agreeing to fight Froch immediately after Kessler beats him for a second time.

The whole problem with Hearn and Froch laying out a three-fight plan of him fighting Kessler, Andre Ward, and Lucian Bute , is that the chance are just so high that Froch gets beaten anywhere along the way and that’ll pretty much finish his plans on getting the other fights.

Ward won’t want to fight a beaten Froch. Bute might because he has a contract with Froch for a rematch, and besides that he wants to avenge his loss to him from earlier this year. But Ward doesn’t have any great incentive to fight Froch again because he already beat him last December in the Super Six tournament, so he’s not going to jump at the chance to fight Froch after Kessler beats him. That would be like Ward getting sloppy seconds and he won’t want to do that.

Feb 23, 2006
Watz up with these euro fighters.. they get beat down and they still think they better than the other fighter that just whooped them.khan and froch need to hush they had they chance out here in the states and got beat they suck str8 up

Props: heyzel