big june show!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 24, 2003
Show was cool. Big June did his thang despite the sparce crowd. Everyone that performed, did,as if the place was packed niggas have they heart in this music and it shows.

Jan 23, 2006
phil get them flyers craccin ,not just advertisin on here and my space aint gettin it !u need to hand whoever performin a stacc ,and hit spots(fam bam, bazarr,smokeshops, etc.)!rap or die promote but that cost extra !

Feb 15, 2006
YEAH I MEAN AS FAR AS THA PERFORMANCES IT WAS KOOL THAT WAS MY FIRST TIME ON STAGE I WISH IT WAS BETTER. BUT IF PHIL GET HIS SHIT RIGHT ON JULY 31st IM PERFORMIN AGAIN.

Jun 17, 2005
www.RaPimp.com
Ra$an said:
you need at least 15k fleyrs if you wanna have a nice turn out..and you need to pass out the flyers like 2-3 weeks before the event...
15k...?!? That's a grip of flyers... I mean think about it... 15k to get 100-200 people?!? I think 5k flyers is cool for the size of the venue... Is all on who's passing out the flyers and what kind of mouthpiece they working with if you ask me... If you just handing shit out to complete strangers and not saying anything then chances are they wont show up... You gotta know what spots to hit up and know who your target really is... Then you gotta grab peoples interest... Is like an Art form... That's why they have good promoters and bad ones... 2-3 weeks before the show is perfect to start promoting... But if the promoter is weak... then yeah... GET 20k flyers and throw em at people... maybe they'll show up just to kick the promoters ass...

Also, is a Monday night... People gotta work... Niggas be going on stage hella late and shit... You gotta show consideration for peoples schedules... The main act cant be going on at like 12:30 or 1am like is a saturday night... We some grown mo'fuckas with jobs... YA FEELZ me?

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Young Noiz said:
15k...?!? That's a grip... I mean think about it... 15k to get 100-200 people?!? I think 5k flyers is cool for the size of the venue... Is all on who's passing out the flyers and what kind of mouthpiece they working with if you ask me... If you just handing shit out to complete strangers and not saying anything then chances are they wont show up... You gotta know what spots to hit up and know who your target really is... Then you gotta grab peoples interest... Is like an Art form... That's why they have good promoters and bad ones... 2-3 weeks before the show is perfect to start promoting... But if the promoter is weak... then yeah... GET 20k flyers and throw em at people... maybe they'll show up just to kick the promoters ass...

Also, is a Monday night... People gotta work... Niggas be going on stage hella late and shit... You gotta show consideration for peoples schedules... The main act cant be going on at like 12:30 or 1am like is a saturday night... We some grown mo'fuckas with jobs... YA FEELZ me?
you gotta do it noiz..
you want big results?
you wanna line wrapped around the street?
thats what you gotta do..
and you also correct my firend...
of couorse i'm not gonna go to la jolla passing out 20,000 fleyrs
the population in daygo is 3 million...
15,000 flyers ain't shit
like you said my nig hit the right target audience and shit will crack
i know cuz i have done a show where that many fleyrs were passed out the turnout was tremendous...at least 300 kids.that came to party and have a good time...so imagine passing out 15k flyers for an SD legend such as big june. trust me...people would come from chula vista to oside to see june for example...
also monday night is wack..but hey if you promote it right mufuckas will come...posters too hell..radio spots..this shit should be on commercials on the radio too..whats up with that? 98.9? thats how important this is to the dago rap scene imo..yeah we gotta put some chips behind it..but hey..it'll be worth it in the long run...

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
noiz: i have had the same debates as well..and i argued with a promoted out here about the flyer thing as well..i was like nah 15k..thats too much...did my won show..only passed out like1k-2k flyers..shit like 10 people showed homie..
this rap show is an excellent vehicle for the daygo rap scene...lets not blow it..

Jun 17, 2005
www.RaPimp.com
Ra$an said:
noiz: i have had the same debates as well..and i argued with a promoted out here about the flyer thing as well..i was like nah 15k..thats too much...did my won show..only passed out like1k-2k flyers..shit like 10 people showed homie..
this rap show is an excellent vehicle for the daygo rap scene...lets not blow it..
Shit... Whatever needs to be done to get it crackin needs to be done... Radio spots is a great Idea... That right there should make it official... a cool street team with X amount of flyers... A few Beezies promoting wouldnt hurt neither...

Dec 7, 2004
www.myspace.com
If daygo is gonna blow, the smartest thing promoting wise IMO is to get all the suburbs hyped up on Daygo rap. Cuz the hood already knows, if you can get the surburban neighborhoods like Mira Mesa, Eastlake, El Cajon etc... You can get a big turnout. Most of these suburban cats cant even name one daygo artist. They would rather hit up a Chamilionare concert than the acts we have here. I think the suburban market needs to be capitalized on. You can bring at least 200+ based off of curiosity alone, because these rap fans dont have a clue what daygo sounds like.